• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your XBOX 360's Position

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Mine has always been horizontal. It's right on top of my dresser next to my TV. When I first had it, it was scratching my discs. Then I seriously procrastinated for a whole year (maybe more), and I finally sent it to get repaired. It arrived back the day after Fable 2 came out, so I was stuck with that glorious game and no Xbox for a whole day. :( It was totally fixed though. Oh, also, I used to have my Xbox plugged into an outlet that the plug would fall out of pretty easily. On two separate occasions, the plug fell out while I was playing, and the RROD showed up. I freaked out both times and hit the power button to turn it off. I was able to turn it right back on afterward, and everything was fine. The first time, I didn't realize that it was the plug that caused the RROD, but I did the second time, so I plugged it into a different outlet. Nothing bad ever happened, and I've never gotten the RROD since.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
Mine is still in the box. My Dad hasn't been arsed to help me plug it in yet...

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
Horizontal.

Vertical if I'm feeling really kinky.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
Mine is still in the box. My Dad hasn't been arsed to help me plug it in yet...

Wait a minute...

*Looks at his XBOX 360*

Well, really, it's easy. Maybe it is because I been taking stuff apart and putting it together, unplugging one thing and putting it elsewhere for most of my life.

Let's see, the Power Cord for the 360 itself goes into that gray box, which plugs into the wall outlet, then the jacks into the TV/VCR/DVD Player and the other end of the jacks into the back of the XBOX.

Like... two things plugged into the XBOX, one thing for the Wall Outlet, then the power cord to the actual gray box, and the jacks into the display system. Try it yourself?

Horizontal.

Vertical if I'm feeling really kinky.

I knew I'd come across a sexual joke sometime of another... still makes my day. However I feel as if I smile right now, but I am not smiling. Strange.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
imagine a jenga tower
now imagine a single decker grilled cheese sandwhich beside it.
the table shakes
which falls over?
that, friends, is the way your xbox should be.
my logic is now DIAMONDS.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
imagine a jenga tower
now imagine a single decker grilled cheese sandwhich beside it.
the table shakes
which falls over?
that, friends, is the way your xbox should be.
my logic is now DIAMONDS.

My brain just imploded.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Uh...horizontal, on the TV bench, raised with plenty of ventilation all around it and pushed back far enough that Jake can't quite open it to push a biscuit inside the disc tray. Which he successfully managed with the DVD player. But I didn't pay for the DVD player so I couldn't care less...

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
Uh...horizontal, on the TV bench, raised with plenty of ventilation all around it and pushed back far enough that Jake can't quite open it to push a biscuit inside the disc tray. Which he successfully managed with the DVD player. But I didn't pay for the DVD player so I couldn't care less...

I remember once telling my baby cousin that if you put a circular slice of ham in the DVD Player it would play a short documentary about pigs. After he did so both the ham and DVD Player were completely unharmed (except a bit of wrinkling and a strange smell coming from the ham but who really cares about that). This just brought it to mind...

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
I remember once telling my baby cousin that if you put a circular slice of ham in the DVD Player it would play a short documentary about pigs. After he did so both the ham and DVD Player were completely unharmed (except a bit of wrinkling and a strange smell coming from the ham but who really cares about that). This just brought it to mind...

Was the documentary at least good?

---

All jokes aside, I think the vertical position is fairly risky. Considering lots of rackuss comes from our room.

JesterJoe

Explorer
Reaction score
Dammit Tyloric you beat me to it. Anyway, I have my xbox vertical and I never get any problems. Though I did get 3/4 of a red ring once, but I have't had it since.
yeah,same here.ever since ive had my xbox,ive had it vertical,ive had 3/4 of a red ring once,but i think that was due to overheating,as i went on it later and it worked fine.i sometimes get lag,but only online,so its probably my ''cardboard box connection''.maybe everyone elses problems are to do with the 'type'of xbox???? e.g elite,arcade, etc,

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
yeah,same here.ever since ive had my xbox,ive had it vertical,ive had 3/4 of a red ring once,but i think that was due to overheating,as i went on it later and it worked fine.i sometimes get lag,but only online,so its probably my ''cardboard box connection''.maybe everyone elses problems are to do with the 'type'of xbox???? e.g elite,arcade, etc,

The scary ''Red Ring of Death'', that some people coplain about is actually a 3/4 ring... If it was a flull circle, it was less lethal. =|

Lucky Strike

Reaction score
Vertical.. No problems what so ever (never knew if this is or not a one word :p ), no scratches on the disc, no lagging..

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Horizontal, so the bottom fans can work. Which are important in order to avoid further problems with the heat.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score
Horizontal and sitting on an elevated cooling rack with lots of breathing room and an intercooler in a room that generally stays about 70 degrees. I'm protecting my investment. No problems.

the only experience ive had with external cooling fans is they break the system.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
My idea of external cooling is to set a bag of ice on top of the console.

...Not that I've ever done that.
>_>
<_<

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
Used to have it vertical, no problems. Also no problems while horizontal.

And on the whole thing about cooling, when my Xbox had it's overheating issue I put an ice pack on the top of it... And it actually worked rather well, surprisingly.