• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Crawler Consperiacy (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafySuburb

a l'espirit libre
Reaction score
Oh good! I've been referencing Fable IV all over the place, when i "found out" that i was using the wrong numerals it was a dark moment to be had :( Thanks! lol

The Roman Numeral concept isn't that hard. 1 = I. 2 = two times one, so II. Follwoed by III. However, you can't have more than three of the same symbols in a row, so the V was invented, meaning 5. the 4, inbetween the to, is a 1 before the 5, so IV.
Logically, this means that 6 is VI. Thus, you can continue to 7 and 8, writing VII and VIII. But again, we can't write VIIII. So we use the symbol for the 10: X. If you paid attention, you can see that 9 is IX. Let's continue to twenty, starting with eleven:
XI, XII, XIII, XIV, XV, XVI, XVII, XVIII, XIX, XX. Yes, twenty is two X's together (10+10). It's not too hard to grasp this concept, right? YOu just need to know the letters that are used, and their corresponding numbers. L for 50, C for 100, D for 500 and M f or 1000. MDXXIV means 1000+500+10+10+(5-1)=1524. The largest number you can write with this is using all the letters three times. I'm not completely sureif that's allowed, but since there's nothing greater than M, I think we are. So:
MMMDDDCCCLLLXXXVVVIII: 3(1000)+3(500)+3(100)+3(50)+3(10)+3(5)+3(1)=5003.

I hope this was clear, and that you learned something today. :p

Or I just thaught you stuff you already new, even though you thought you used IV and V wrong... Oh well. ^_^[/quote]
I took morse code classes instead of romal numeral classes. so yes i learned someting! :)

LeafySuburb

a l'espirit libre
Reaction score
Ah, great. Eh, umh... All I know is ...---...
..---...
What does SOS mean? ;)
.-- .... .- - -.. --- . ... ... --- ... -- . .- -. ..--..
Morse code: official language of Project Ego
-.-. .- -. .- -. -.-- --- -. . ..- -. -.. . .-. ... - .- -. -.. .-- .... .- - .. .----. -- ... .- -.-- .. -. --. ..--.. ---... -.--.-

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
..---...
What does SOS mean? :)
.-- .... .- - -.. --- . ... ... --- ... -- . .- -. ..--..
Morse code: official language of Project Ego

*Gasp*, I thought that if you knew morsecode, that you would know SOS... It means Save Our Souls, and was often used as a distress signal, in morsecode. Be it a base under attack, or a ship in a storm, they would keep sending ...---..., hoping they would be heard. It's rather... widely known. Oh well, you know morsecode, that's awesome. I only know Dutch, and a little german. Wooptee frikkin doo. Wel,, if music could be called a language, I could read that. :p

Malachi

Reaction score
my vote is Ace of Blades or King of Blades is fable 4

FableFinatic:P

Reaction score
Okay, JoB could be the Crawler just in a different form, I mean, didnt it seem like Jack died the first time? He didnt, and there was no proof the second time either, so what the mask was destroyed. That doesnt mean that its gone or that Jack's soul is gone. He wasn't human either, and the Minions, they could just be in a different from, just like Jack. So we have absolutely no proof, but its all pointing in the direction that Jack could have been the Crawler, and theres no proof that the Crawler died either, so he's probably gonna come back, maybe as Jack, maybe the same, or as something different, all we can do is wait and see what happens.

excalibur97

Reaction score
Okay, JoB could be the Crawler just in a different form, I mean, didnt it seem like Jack died the first time? He didnt, and there was no proof the second time either, so what the mask was destroyed. That doesnt mean that its gone or that Jack's soul is gone. He wasn't human either, and the Minions, they could just be in a different from, just like Jack. So we have absolutely no proof, but its all pointing in the direction that Jack could have been the Crawler, and theres no proof that the Crawler died either, so he's probably gonna come back, maybe as Jack, maybe the same, or as something different, all we can do is wait and see what happens.

I am pretty sure Jack is dead...if he was still alive why would he wait sooooo many centuries to come back? There was the whole time where there was no heroes, so that would of been a good age for picking. Those things don't really seem to be true minions to me. They're just shells, or machines that had the "children" inside controlling them. Also, there's no proof pointing in the direction of Jack being the Crawler. That's all just guesses and ideas of some people. I agree that there's no proof that the Crawler died, all we saw was Walter die, and I don't remember seeing the Crawler die away or writhe on the ground. (Highlight to read) All that I find too mysterious about the Crawler, is what he originated from, and who the Dark Guardian is, because I can't tell if it's just those big statues or something worse.

my vote is Ace of Blades or King of Blades is fable 4
Who's the Ace of Blades and King of Blades? They were never mentioned, and they were never in the Court. There was the Queen of Blades and the Knight of Blades, and they're both dead. William Black/Scythe destroyed them in the Void.

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score
Why does everything have to be a conspiracy when it comes to Fable..

You're just looking for connections where none exist.
Simple similarities and coincidences between two separate beings don't mean they are the same.

Jack's Mask is destroyed, he won't be coming back, as this was the vassal for his soul and the secret to his immortality.
When the Crawler mentions the 'Void' he isn't necessarily referencing the void that the Court reside(d) in. It's more likely just symbolic for the total darkness he intended to deliver upon you.

The 'Dark Guardian' is simply the Sentinel that you happen to fight immediately after he says it. It's a statue animated by the 'children' (the Shadows that the Crawler seems to follow or rule). Same goes with the little robot bird things..

From the poor quality of Fable 3, I'm adamant that the storyline is not nearly as deep as you want to believe it is and for that I'm sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.