• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Crawler Consperiacy (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Percentage

Reaction score
Alright, I have started this topic to discuss The Crawler. There is many things suppecious about him.
  • During one scene, the Crawler admits that it has been waiting centuries to attack Albion. This may or may not hint at a relation with the original Fable.
  • He says "You wish the Dark Void" Which may be of Reference to the Void of which JoB, QoB, and KoB came from a.k.a. The Court
  • Also mentions "Did the Blind Seer not Warn you about us?" most likley referencing Theresa because, I don't think there are any other Blind Seers in Albion.
There is probably a lot more that could be supicious. If you would like to discuss your ideas, please go ahead. Also, if you have any other supicions please share them and I will Credit you and put it up here if its good.

Reaction score
Alright, I have started this topic to discuss The Crawler. There is many things suppecious about him.
  • During one scene, the Crawler admits that it has been waiting centuries to attack Albion. This may or may not hint at a relation with the original Fable.
  • He says "You wish the Dark Void" Which may be of Reference to the Void of which JoB, QoB, and KoB came from a.k.a. The Court
  • Also mentions "Did the Blind Seer not Warn you about us?" most likley referencing Theresa because, I don't think there are any other Blind Seers in Albion.
There is probably a lot more that could be supicious. If you would like to discuss your ideas, please go ahead. Also, if you have any other supicions please share them and I will Credit you and put it up here if its good.
U shouldnt have started this thread, just comment about the other threads having to do with this, but still i will answer.

1.When did he say this.
2.There is alot of possible reasons.
3.Its common since that its theresa

Percentage

Reaction score
U shouldnt have started this thread, just comment about the other threads having to do with this, but still i will answer.

1.When did he say this.
2.There is alot of possible reasons.
3.Its common since that its theresa
  1. He says it once you find Walter being held down by the Darkness before he goes blind
  2. I know these are just Ideas
  3. But, how would he know aobut her
You don't have to Scold me just for making a Thread. Like I said before these are just Ideas.

xzxzxz70

The kitty is watching...
Reaction score
Its pretty obvious that the whole big evil army of darkness thing is just setting up the stage for Fable 4, but back on topic, yeah I think the Crawler is just a powerful minon to some evil overlord (possibly somebody in the void), and I would be willing to bet money that we are going to see more creatures like the Crawler in Fable 4. Anyways, yeah I do recall the Crawler saying that he has been waiting to attack Albion for centuries.

Reaction score
  1. He says it once you find Walter being held down by the Darkness before he goes blind
  2. I know these are just Ideas
  3. But, how would he know aobut her
You don't have to Scold me just for making a Thread. Like I said before these are just Ideas.
Im not im jsut answering u

Kessd

Reaction score
The crawlers soldiers are also called minons, and are the same from fable 1, with only a model redesign. This further suggests a connection with the void. Also note that the crawler never hints at the motive, except he "serves the darkness. The crawler seems like a minion to a higher power, just as your hero is a minion to Theresa. It has long been my thoughts that the fable games have been a battle between Theresa, and a higher being from the void trying to destroy Albion. The crawler would just be a minion.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that the minions of the darkness are related to the minions of Jack...that's quite a remodel

However, you put up a good theory about Theresa. I never thought she was evil or corrupt rather than "using" or "manipulating" the ones who could actually get things done. She may have wanted Lucien to build the spire at first, but saw that he had become corrupt during its construction and needed someone to stop him. It seems wierd that she can't seem to do anything and has to make others do everything for her. Perhaps she can't physically interact with the world...only mentally, through voice and persuasion.

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
Well she just used both Lucien and Sparrow - Lucien to build the Spire and Sparrow to find the three Heroes. Then she was done with them. 'The Spire is mine, begone'. Then saw the future, as she planned.. Seeing the invasion in Fable 3. And guided the Hero of Fable 3 to stop it. I wouldn't say she's evil... Good and corrupt, imo.

Hhate

Black Dagger Brother
Reaction score
it's rather obvious that JoB is coming back at one time or another he is manipulating the darkness and theresa is manipulating the heroes it's like a chess game

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score
it's rather obvious that JoB is coming back at one time or another he is manipulating the darkness and theresa is manipulating the heroes it's like a chess game
More like a puppet show.

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
I got the feeling that "The Crawler" was Jack of Blades. Or maybe even the presence that made Jack. I mean, Jack of Blades wasn't actually a mortal person. It was something in a mask that possessed those who wore it. The Crawler had to get inside Walter to actually cause harm to the world himself.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
Well she just used both Lucien and Sparrow - Lucien to build the Spire and Sparrow to find the three Heroes. Then she was done with them. 'The Spire is mine, begone'. Then saw the future, as she planned.. Seeing the invasion in Fable 3. And guided the Hero of Fable 3 to stop it. I wouldn't say she's evil... Good and corrupt, imo.
They both seem to be using people to get control over the world. Though, I don't think Theresa wants control over the world, she just wants to stop JoB or whatever evil there is out there.

I, somewhat, noticed that it was just a big chess game (maybe that's why Chesty has become a chess player) since they're both using anyone else to get to their own end.

Yes, I forgot to mention that she needed the spire to see the darkness coming to Albion and save it. She was a little a b!tchy about it, but it was for the greater good. Is it wrong to "use" people for a cause that will save hundreds of thousands of lives? Or did she have that intention to begin with? Since she doesn't care if you have enough gold in the Treasury/save all the citizens; it seems her only goal is to stop the Darkness/JoB. She's a manipulative b!tch, but it's for the greater good. So, it's corrupt that she doesn't care who must/will die to get to her end as the means to get there will do it however they please. Hm...interesting

Is she only doing this to combat JoB for personal reasons or because she knows what he can/will be capable of? I mean, didn't really control Albion in the first one, he just owned the Arena. Or was he planning on controlling the world once he got the sword? So he needs a tool to take over Albion? What will that weapon be?
This makes the whole "good vs. evil" thing turn on its head.

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
Theresa's only interest I believe is in the survival of Albion. Its entirely possibly she is somehow bound to albion and its destruction would therefore mean her destruction, so she strives to keep in intact.

Whether the lands are full of flourishing life, a few humble settlements, under the rule of a tyrant or benovelant king it all doesnt matter to her, only that albion exists. Jack I believe was always interested in the destruction of albion.

I dont totally buy into the Theresa is greater good theory, because she just seems too twisted and tortured for that. I would make much more sense for her to be acting entirely selfishly, but that her needs match the needs of the land. Or something like that.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
Yes, that makes sense. Although, you bring up an interesting point that her life might be bound to Albion or something. She also might have some personal grudge against Jack for her eyes being cut out and killing her mother.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score
How is it obvious that Jack of Blades is coming back?
Because they mentioned the void?

Oh hey the game is about being a king -you know what? that's a clear reference to William Black, the first Arcon, because he was also a king... so that must mean hes coming back tooooooo :yammer:
Now I love Jack of Blades, but you guys've got to stop all this "Jack is Back" nonsense - the dudes dead. Deal with it.

On topic: I don't think Lionhead has even considered who or what the bad guy is for Fable IV.. To me it feels like they want to implement features and the story is just something that's there to make these features believeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.