• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Question about the Hero's father

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Re: Question about the Hero's father

Yeah, I read all the graves, in both the Memorial Garden and Lychfield. I only ever found the one Brom, in Lychfield.

There are any number of explanations for the Lychfield grave. A) His wife took him there to bury because... I don't know, she wanted him to be in the main graveyard instead of the jury-rigged mass of graves, if not an actual mass grave. B) His daughter somehow managed to get a sympathetic bandit to bury her dad in Lychfield (unlikely, yes) C) The burial of Brom was carried out by the guardian of his last known relative, I.E. the Guild and the Guildmaster, or perhaps Maze. Or maybe he even had more family, and they decided to bury him there.

I would like to point out, though (it sounded like some people forgot this) prior to the... "construction" (okay, "establishment" would've been a better word) of the Oakvale Memorial Garden all burials in Albion where carried out in either Lychfield (maybe because of the danger of undead eventually cropping up) or in small plots on the family's land, like the Orchard Farmer's mom's grave.

Zquad

The Widowmaker
Reaction score

Well, his statue is in Memorial Garden. I'm pretty sure it is anyway, i've been reading about it in other forums.

P

Pryss

THIS IS THE ANSWER: the day Brom was killed, the whole town was burned to ashes and haven't recovered yet,so there is no place for brom to be buried.

ok? :)

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Pryss;114326 said:
THIS IS THE ANSWER: the day Brom was killed, the whole town was burned to ashes and haven't recovered yet,so there is no place for brom to be buried.

ok? :)

well that doesn't make much sense either. His mother and the rest of the town were buried. But Brom was left behind? :hmm:

R

Rhadiel

Black Dahlia;113952 said:
Isn't there a statue of Brom in the memorial garden? It's next to where your mom's is...

im pretty sure thats Brom, judging by that on the statue hes holding an ax, and he looks like em, and in the 'cutscene' wher it talks about how they were taking, Brom is shown holding ax....

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Um... no. I haven't gotten back there yet, but I'm pretty sure that that is NOT Brom. The ax the statue has looks like a battleax, one used as a weapon, not as a wood-chopping ax. The blade just looks (from my memory) too... fierce? Sinister? Deadly?Whatever, to be a woodcutter/woodsman's ax.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Only one way to find out and the verdict is!

NewThing Object;
Player 4;
UID 18446741874686296432;
DefinitionType "OBJECT_STATUE_HERO_FATHER";

R

Rhadiel

Sephiroxas;114391 said:

NewThing Object;
Player 4;

so it is his father.....:lol:ha! what now?! lol jk. told ya...=]

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Okay, that brings up another question-- why the hell would the Oakvalians build a statue to Brom, when so many others died?

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

To me,his father suc* ***.He didn't punish you when your little.When you punch him,he says something stuip.

S

silentbob

maybe he took out a lot of bandits with his fearsome hatchet? also if the whole of oakvale was razed to the ground who built the memorial garden/rebuilt the town?

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

silentbob;115039 said:
maybe he took out a lot of bandits with his fearsome hatchet? also if the whole of oakvale was razed to the ground who built the memorial garden/rebuilt the town?

Good Qustion...I think a trader or something like that come and was like,"OMG!I must rebuilt."Got more people and rebuilt....He must got a wive too....

S

silentbob

also why was it built as a clone of the original? were just the foundations left and as they had they blueprints they thought screw it and rebuilt it the same. also i think the fact that the two statues in oakvale memorial garden are stood side by side are a clear indication of the fact that the male statue is heroes father.

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

silentbob;115062 said:
also why was it built as a clone of the original? were just the foundations left and as they had they blueprints they thought screw it and rebuilt it the same. also i think the fact that the two statues in oakvale memorial garden are stood side by side are a clear indication of the fact that the male statue is heroes father.

In the start,it says"Now,he wasn't a worrior,so the father was killed."

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Sephiroxas;114391 said:

NewThing Object;
Player 4;

The fact that is says HERO_FATHER should be a clear indication ;)

S

silentbob

i see no reason why it wouldnt be him, just because a mans not a warrior or a hero doesnt mean he can hand out some bandit pwnage with an axe hell my 15 year old brother could pwn someone with an axe.

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

Thats ture......

S

silentbob

me i'd prefer to take someone out with me tikka 308. but that would be messy..... although less messy than the axe.

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

lol...

S

silentbob

indeed it could be you. lol i wouldnt do that the police would take all my guns away and arrest me.