• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Logan's not a Hero?

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
Meh. Fable just confuses me.
Fable 2 you're all powerful because you're the descendant of someone 500 years ago.
And then one of his children is an even greater Hero, while the other one has no powers at all?

Reaction score
Meh. Fable just confuses me.
Fable 2 you're all powerful because you're the descendant of someone 500 years ago.
And then one of his children is an even greater Hero, while the other one has no powers at all?
NOOOOOO!!! Logan just didnt have his "status" "awoken"

xzxzxz70

The kitty is watching...
Reaction score
NOOOOOO!!! Logan just didnt have his "status" "awoken"

Even without getting your "status" awoken, I think you could still be a Hero, (as we have seen with Reaver, Hammer, Garth, and the Fable 3 hero breaking Walter's sword at the start of the game) its just that the Archon bloodline has alot of power in it, and you need to have that awoken in you, and its that awoken power that makes the Archon Hero's better than regular Heros.

Reaction score
Even without getting your "status" awoken, I think you could still be a Hero, (as we have seen with Reaver, Hammer, Garth, and the Fable 3 hero breaking Walter's sword at the start of the game) its just that the Archon bloodline has alot of power in it, and you need to have that awoken in you, and its that awoken power that makes the Archon Hero's better than regular Heros.
Exacly it just hard to explain

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Guys, I'm sorry to dissapoint you all, but there's no magic formula to being a hero. Lionhead just introduced a bunch of massive plotholes when they released the Tales of Albion and Fable II, and they're only continued in Fable III. TLC and the rest of the sources conflict somewhat when trying to explain things happening in the background.

For instance:

Fable TLC's story revolves around how only the blood of yourself, Theresa and Scarlet Robe can unlock the sword of Aeons because they are the only living direct descendants of the first Archon.

in Tales of Albion, it is implied that only William Black's children can use the power of Will, which leads us to infer that all heros are descended from William Black (the first Archon), since they are shown to be able to use Will in Fable TLC.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score
So the only two heroes in the Fable universe are Reaver and Fable III guy. How peculiar.

BowerstoneInFlames

Anarchist In Training
Reaction score
So the only two heroes in the Fable universe are Reaver and Fable III guy. How peculiar.

If Aurora and/or Samarkand get included into Fable 4 or 5 I wouldn't be suprised that they introduce hero's from those distant lands, so they probably aren't the only ones. Just seems like that as they didn't go that far indepth into these places as yet.

Archmenel

Reaction score
I am led to believe it is a frustrating mix of plot-holes and the fact that there are no strictly defined rules that make one a Hero.

If we were to go with the 'awakening' theory, then I wonder who it was that had awakened Theresa? Twinblade? Then on down the line through Heroes that had sadly missed out on the terrific training at the Guild - Reaver, Hammer, Garth.

Who can say with Reaver, really.

Hammer, I suppose, could be seen as having her power manifested when she threw aside the shackles of her religious training and struck down Lucien's guard.

Garth, I don't recall anything that explained where he came from or how he received such incredible power (other than that he was from Samarkand and was quite subtle in showing his power, alluded to in Lucien's diary).

I've been content to view it, in a way, from the standpoint that one would view Force-users in the ever-worsening Star Wars universe. Some people simply have more dormant potential than others and may realise either through selection and training or through a significant event that they are more than they appear to be. Those of the Archon's bloodline are similar to the Skywalkers in this admittedly wobbly analogy.

Though, that doesn't answer the riddle of why Logan or Rose had not shown any power. To that; I will grasp the nearest scapegoat I can muster and say that just because one parent has blue eyes and the other green it does not necessarily mean that of two children both will receive green eyes. (I know, weak, but all I have at the moment *grins*)

Archmenel

Reaction score
Whisper and Thunder are two that immediately come to mind in that respect, BowerstoneInFlames.

I would very much like to see Lionhead take a few years and really create an intricate storyline where such a thing is described in detail.

Tange

Reaction score
From what I've read, all Heroes are descendants of William Black, the first Archon, meaning Hammer, Garth, Reaver, Briar Rose, Thunder, Whisper and all that are somewhat related to him. However, it's only the protagonists of the Fable series who are the DIRECT descendants whilst the others are branching relations, which explains the capabilities of the three Fable's respective heroes.

Not every child born is automatically capable of being a hero though, it's most possibly just a randomly selected trait much like genetics. You can probably go for a few generations before a descendant once again exhibits Heroic traits, so obviously Rose and Logan, though in possession of heroic blood, are not heroes.

Archmenel

Reaction score
Indeed.

And your second paragraph sounded so much better than my eye-colour analogy.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
From what I've read, all Heroes are descendants of William Black, the first Archon, meaning Hammer, Garth, Reaver, Briar Rose, Thunder, Whisper and all that are somewhat related to him. However, it's only the protagonists of the Fable series who are the DIRECT descendants whilst the others are branching relations, which explains the capabilities of the three Fable's respective heroes.

That doesn't make sense. If all heroes are descended from William Black, then they're all direct descendants.

Maverickhey

Reaction score
It's a difficult subject however I think he had the potential of a Hero. In Fable 1 your character could not use will etc. right off the bat they had a Guild where all potential Heroes trained to harness the power that ran through their veins. My thoughts are since no such guild exists anymore Logan, Hero of Bowerstone, Fable 3 hero, could train all they want but there was no one around to show them how to use will or harness the said powers of their bloodline so they needed a boost.. unlocking their powers even Fable 1s Hero could not fully harness his power training in the guild for all those years. However even with the basic training Fable2-3 heroes had they needed a boost if they were going to get what their destiny decided for them hence unlocking their powers/potential.

Logan could have become a hero or it may have skipped a generation thats all undecided but in theory if the bloodline works that way he was missing the proper training (Which no longer exists) to tap into his Will energy, and we cannot say he cant fight the man looked like he had seen battle quite a few times, and even survived the Darkness in a manner much like the Fable 3 Hero did. Walter may not have trusted him with unlocking his power, so many factors that can be openly debated.

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
I thought the bloodline was like one of those weird genes. Its thier in your DNA, but its not always dominant. Hense your father was a hero, your a hero, but Logan isnt. You could have lots of kids, none of which become hero, but in a hundred years time one of Logans great grandchildren becomes the new hero of albion, because one is needed.

The lands of Albion awaken the heroic blood of those it needs, when the lands need hero. Or something like that.

Kahindes

Reaction score
This subject has always confused me. I was disapointed that Logan didn't have Hero powers. I expected as much as Rose didn't seem to show any signs either, so I guess the bloodline does get thinner. I still think that both had potential to be though.'Roses life ended too soon, and Logan never really had the chance. I have never seen a pattern in what decendant has what powers. It would be good if someone filled in the gaps in another Fable or something. In the orginal Fable, Heroes were part of the story, for the others it starts becoming inconsistant. Whether someone is a Hero or not is simply conditional to what storyline they want to have for the game. Maybe they're just using the status "Hero" in recent games as simply a term for someone that excells in a traditional traits typical of heroes? Well, for the cases of Hammer, Garth and Reaver anyway. The only real "Hero" there seems to be is the chartacter that you are.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
Fable TLC's story revolves around how only the blood of yourself, Theresa and Scarlet Robe can unlock the sword of Aeons because they are the only living direct descendants of the first Archon.

in Tales of Albion, it is implied that only William Black's children can use the power of Will, which leads us to infer that all heros are descended from William Black (the first Archon), since they are shown to be able to use Will in Fable TLC.
Perhaps those three had the strongest connection to WB. Scarlet killed 20 Balverines as a child. I'd like to see the rest of the heroes in that guild to boast about something like that. Theresa has similar powers to Scythe and seems to be living forever through Will.

And all those heroes in the Guild were descendants, but the citizens of Albion killed them all, and probably kept killing the rest who showed potential for a time, or even banished them. The dead and exiled don't have a very good chance at reproduction.

Dagzey

Sith Lord
Reaction score
Being a hero isn't entirely in the blood, as the first Fable demonstrated. It can be learned as well.
Scarlet Robe was the mother of The Hero of Oakvale, and Theresa. How did you not remember this?

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
^ I don't see the connection between those two statements...

Fabled Ravrn

Reaction score
^ I don't see the connection between those two statements...

Tyloric was saying that in Fable, there's nothing special about the Hero or Theresa. Dagzey's saying that they were the children of Scarlet Robe, a hero, so they weren't just normal people. Which is correct.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
Tyloric was saying that in Fable, there's nothing special about the Hero or Theresa. Dagzey's saying that they were the children of Scarlet Robe, a hero, so they weren't just normal people. Which is correct.
...all I said was that people can be taught to be a hero.
What are you talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.