• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Proof Theresa may be evil and a Theory on Theresa being the Antagonist

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaidenGuy123

Reaction score
Proof Theresa may be evil and a Theory on Theresa being the Antagonist

Get ready for ALOT of words people but it's a good read IMO some things other people might have found out some of this too too:

We'll start with Fable, we all know she went from a girl who just got chocolates for her Borthday from her brother all the way to a Powerful Seeress. But here's something, in the book " The Hero fo Oakvale" it says the Hero of Oakvale took the sword of Aeons, but that would mean he killed Theresa. But this can happen since she has been living for 500 years, or maybe they made it so that you could choose either choice and something might back it up, yet something will put it on the contrary so either choice would be canon.
Now she went with Palgan after that, I don't really remember that much about it when mentioned in The Lost Chapters
Theresa convinced Lucien to make the Spire after his Wife and Daughter died so he could bring them back, but those thoughts grew greater when he realised he could be King of a new kingdom with the power from the Spire, and he thought it could happen. Theresa is also a fortune teller, Lucien knew there were going to be 4 heroes in his way, she probably told him and Lucien tried to hunt them down. While he was hunting them down, he came across Sparrow and Rose. He kills Theresa, but I don't think he killed Sparrows. Just because Sparrow was shot, doesn't mean he/she died, many people get shot and live, and some aren't as fortunate, luckily Sparrow survived, falling off the tower and Living is easily explained when the loading Screen says Heroes survive falls that would shatter to bones of others, so Theresa probably didn't revive Sparrow that time.
Now during the time skip Sparrow is Trained by Theresa, it is unknown if Sparrow stayed in just The Gypsy camp all those years and never went anyway else, but notice how he never went back to Bowerstone all those years ( This is confirmed because it's obvious Sparrow never set foot in Old Town AT LEAST because of Arfur/Derrick's dialogue) We also don't know if Theresa Brainwashed while in the Gypsy Camp. And she has a Guild seal, who's was it? The Hero of Oakvale's? And she might have another one because she can tell what Sparrow is doing, but that maybe her Powers and the guild seal helps her with that.
Later on, when you find out Hammer doesn't fight since she is a Monk Theresa tells you she will think of a way to make her fight, she told Lucien about Hammer being the Hero of strength, and sent his men to kill her, she knew Lucien's men would fail, and it made Hammer want to fight, I'm sure Theresa didn't care that her father was dead, she need her to fight, no matter what. And now she is one step closer to the Spire.
The only weird with Garth I know of is when you're finding him and get Lucien's Diary that she can see other worlds and was able to read Lucien's Diary even though it was in another language or some sort. If anyone else knows anything strange about Theresa and Garth's story, please add to this,
Can't say much about Reaver either. She did convince him to help though.
On Hero Hill when all the Heroes gather Lucien interuppts, how did he know they were there, was it from the Spire's power of seeing things, or Theresa? But Lucien did mention that he merely listened on Hero Hill when asked about Theresa by Hammer. Of course as we all know, Sparrow and his/her dog was shot, and went into the "perfect world" was this another realm or something Theresa made? I could understand the music box is there but why did appear in real life too? Well, Theresa probably revived the Sparrow and teleports him/her to the Spire Then when the Hero ( Or Reaver) kills Lucien, she comes and claims it. She only wanted it to get the spire so she can enhance her future seeing power, that's why she is able to show you the Future now. She didn't care much about morality, she just wanted the Spire, no matter what it would take to get it, death, greed, corruption, anything.
Now in See the Future, you see she gave you those items. How did she get them? And you see she is using the Spire for seeing into the Future, is this all she is using it for? Well she shows you the future, you have a kid, not much else about that.
But now I have a new theory, what if she wants the Spire to rule Albion! Maybe she is the enemy you need to defeat, maybe the Spire wasn't her main goal, maybe it was. But maybe her plan was greater, like to become the next Archon, so then she would need the Spire AND the throne, but Sparrow already had that, and she takes it from Sparrow. And now that she sees the future, maybe she saw herself as the new Archon, but doesn't know that the new Hero is going to take it over. So what do you think will happen? And if you have something else about Theresa's past like this please add on and even add your own theory.

Phantom

фңαŋ╦♂М
Reaction score
Re: Proof Theresa may be evil and a Theory on Theresa being the Antagonist

My theory is that Theresa is cast into the void as HoO takes the sword of Aeons. This is a turning point for her as she has powerful blood in her and survives the void, therefore coming out immortal (like Scythe)...but evil and twisted. From then on she uses her powers to get to the end of Fable II, gaining the Spire. There. Nice and easy.

To be honest I must say you gramma and paragraph use made it all too overwhelming and confusing...maybe I'm just retarded.
You said Lucien kills Theresa...I think you mean Rose.

Wait...I have a theory for the perfect world. Rose creates it.
With the first Archons blood or whatever in her she was able to make something out of her death. It has happened to all the family. Lets go into explanation.

Hero of Oakvale: The Archons blood inside him gives him power and luck. Able to rise against all odds and use his powers for anything.

Theresa: The Archons blood gives her the power to look into the future, and gains he the ability to survive the void.

Hero of Bowerstone: The Archons blood for him/her prevents death, no matter how it turns out, and also grants him the ability to master strength, skill, and will. An uncommon feat.

Rose: The ablity to make something out of her death, use it to give her brother the final step to victory. And if the Needs of the Few (I think) is taken then Rose comes back to life (I think) etc. etc.

Hero of Oakvales Mother: Strength. The ability to cut balverines to smitherines. :p

Joshman

Fortune Teller
Reaction score

Have you guys played the new, or See to the Future DLC for Fable II?

Twilight

Reaction score

I fail to see the proof that was so boldly stated in the topic title.

rhett_thom

Lion Heart
Reaction score

yeah there wasn't really any proof. Just theories that have already been stated before

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Phantom;337157 said:
My theory is that Theresa is cast into the void as HoO takes the sword of Aeons.

HoO does NOT take the sword of Aeons.

Twilight

Reaction score

Daemon300;337240 said:
HoO does NOT take the sword of Aeons.
It's never clear if he does or not.

GaEv

Reaction score

A) Nothing new
B) Theresa's motives are at least partially explained in see the future to anyone who is actually paying attention
C) In Fable if you choose the Sword of Aeons you don't choose to cast Theresa into the void you just choose to cut her and presumably leave her corpse there. I repeat, Theresa doesn't enter the void.

Twilight

Reaction score

Then that leaves the question did Theresa actually die? Someone with that much Will can hardly fall that quick.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

GaidenGuy123;337153 said:
Get ready for ALOT of words people but it's a good read IMO some things other people might have found out some of this too too:

We'll start with Fable, we all know she went from a girl who just got chocolates for her Borthday from her brother all the way to a Powerful Seeress. But here's something, in the book " The Hero fo Oakvale" it says the Hero of Oakvale took the sword of Aeons, but that would mean he killed Theresa. But this can happen since she has been living for 500 years, or maybe they made it so that you could choose either choice and something might back it up, yet something will put it on the contrary so either choice would be canon.
Now she went with Palgan after that, I don't really remember that much about it when mentioned in The Lost Chapters
Theresa convinced Lucien to make the Spire after his Wife and Daughter died so he could bring them back, but those thoughts grew greater when he realised he could be King of a new kingdom with the power from the Spire, and he thought it could happen. Theresa is also a fortune teller, Lucien knew there were going to be 4 heroes in his way, she probably told him and Lucien tried to hunt them down. While he was hunting them down, he came across Sparrow and Rose. He kills Theresa, but I don't think he killed Sparrows. Just because Sparrow was shot, doesn't mean he/she died, many people get shot and live, and some aren't as fortunate, luckily Sparrow survived, falling off the tower and Living is easily explained when the loading Screen says Heroes survive falls that would shatter to bones of others, so Theresa probably didn't revive Sparrow that time.
Now during the time skip Sparrow is Trained by Theresa, it is unknown if Sparrow stayed in just The Gypsy camp all those years and never went anyway else, but notice how he never went back to Bowerstone all those years ( This is confirmed because it's obvious Sparrow never set foot in Old Town AT LEAST because of Arfur/Derrick's dialogue) We also don't know if Theresa Brainwashed while in the Gypsy Camp. And she has a Guild seal, who's was it? The Hero of Oakvale's? And she might have another one because she can tell what Sparrow is doing, but that maybe her Powers and the guild seal helps her with that.
Later on, when you find out Hammer doesn't fight since she is a Monk Theresa tells you she will think of a way to make her fight, she told Lucien about Hammer being the Hero of strength, and sent his men to kill her, she knew Lucien's men would fail, and it made Hammer want to fight, I'm sure Theresa didn't care that her father was dead, she need her to fight, no matter what. And now she is one step closer to the Spire.
The only weird with Garth I know of is when you're finding him and get Lucien's Diary that she can see other worlds and was able to read Lucien's Diary even though it was in another language or some sort. If anyone else knows anything strange about Theresa and Garth's story, please add to this,
Can't say much about Reaver either. She did convince him to help though.
On Hero Hill when all the Heroes gather Lucien interuppts, how did he know they were there, was it from the Spire's power of seeing things, or Theresa? But Lucien did mention that he merely listened on Hero Hill when asked about Theresa by Hammer. Of course as we all know, Sparrow and his/her dog was shot, and went into the "perfect world" was this another realm or something Theresa made? I could understand the music box is there but why did appear in real life too? Well, Theresa probably revived the Sparrow and teleports him/her to the Spire Then when the Hero ( Or Reaver) kills Lucien, she comes and claims it. She only wanted it to get the spire so she can enhance her future seeing power, that's why she is able to show you the Future now. She didn't care much about morality, she just wanted the Spire, no matter what it would take to get it, death, greed, corruption, anything.
Now in See the Future, you see she gave you those items. How did she get them? And you see she is using the Spire for seeing into the Future, is this all she is using it for? Well she shows you the future, you have a kid, not much else about that.
But now I have a new theory, what if she wants the Spire to rule Albion! Maybe she is the enemy you need to defeat, maybe the Spire wasn't her main goal, maybe it was. But maybe her plan was greater, like to become the next Archon, so then she would need the Spire AND the throne, but Sparrow already had that, and she takes it from Sparrow. And now that she sees the future, maybe she saw herself as the new Archon, but doesn't know that the new Hero is going to take it over. So what do you think will happen? And if you have something else about Theresa's past like this please add on and even add your own theory.

thy enemies are comma and paragraph o_O
plausible, but there is no mention of theresa being involved with fable 3. it is possible that they will conclude her part of the story with a DLC....so we'll just have to see won't we :D

GaEv

Reaction score

:
Twilight;337250 said:
Then that leaves the question did Theresa actually die? Someone with that much Will can hardly fall that quick.

You cut her with a magical sword with an (at least in the plot) incredible ammount of power. Furthermore she herself presents the choice to you as "you can kill me or"

If the hero went for the sword of aeons option she would be dead, pure and simple.

Terminal Hapiness

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Reaction score

1) The STF DLC kinda discredited the whole "Theresa is evil!" thing.
2) What you wrote didn't actually provide any evidence (and it was poorly written).
3) Learn what a "Theory" actually is.

Twilight

Reaction score

Terminal Hapiness;337301 said:
1) The STF DLC kinda discredited the whole "Theresa is evil!" thing.
2) What you wrote didn't actually provide any evidence (and it was poorly written).
3) Learn what a "Theory" actually is.
Do we know everything about Theresa and what are full intentions are? nope.

She could easily have secret motives so don't dismiss her so soon.

Vero Caerso

Poetic Master
Reaction score

It's pretty obvious that theresa was evil the whole time, i mean she took over the spire when to be honest she didn't even do anything apart from getting the main hero to begin the "quest"

I'm just saying that in clear view she was evil the whole time, she used the heroes as her puppets.

Terminal Hapiness

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Reaction score

Twilight;337303 said:
Do we know everything about Theresa and what are full intentions are? nope.

She could easily have secret motives so don't dismiss her so soon.

That's vague logic. Of course she could have evil intentions, but considering her ties to the previous game and what she said in STF dlc, I doubt it.

It'd be a pretty crappy twist as well (if it was true).

Cain

Reaction score

I remember reading in another "Theresa Conspiracy" thread that even if you kill her then you hear from the oracle that she survives from being hit by the sword and leaves the heroes guild after you.

Z

zalp

great, if shes like the main enemy in fable 3 id love that.
i always wanted to kill her :D
she creeped me out with her crosseyed deep voiced self.
i just wanna blow her brains out D;

Joshman

Fortune Teller
Reaction score

She's a good guy!

Evil Scarecrow

Da Evilist MaPhucca
Reaction score

and FYI, Theresa didnt tell lucien that the 4th hero was going to stop him, he read it in that book.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Terminal Hapiness;337329 said:
That's vague logic. Of course she could have evil intentions, but considering her ties to the previous game and what she said in STF dlc, I doubt it.

It'd be a pretty crappy twist as well (if it was true).
Yeah if Theresa suddenly turning Evil is the plot of Fable III then Lionhead will miss the target - again.. but she won't so they don't :p

Anywhooo, I believe Theresa wants to guide heroes - not use them as her own personal puppets. Theresa is more like a modern Guild Master.

Status
Not open for further replies.