• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My Ideas For Fable IV and V

Arestia

Aerista
Reaction score
Here are my ideas for the next two Fables:
  • KEEP PETER MOLYNEUX'S MOUTH SHUT!
  • Work with other game companies like Team Silent and Bethesda. They are both great companies on plot, characters(like Captain Picard), and creating an atmosphere like in Silent Hill 2 (best game ever!)\
  • Be able to actually customize your character (i.e. pick race, sex, face, hair, eye color, etc)
  • Expand the map and get rid of fast travel. I know it's not effective, but yo can explore and get immersed in the game more.
  • Create a better plot line. The past one have kinda sucked. I'm just saying...
Well, those are my ideas. If you think I forgot something or want to comment on my thoughts, leave a comment below.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
You'll probably get a better response in the Fable 3 Discussion, so I'll move it there... where it belongs..

The Heroes' Guild section is meant to provide feedback on the forums/site itself, not the series of Fable games.

mitchell1998

Reaction score
I agree with the customization, but...
  • Keep fast travel, I explore when I want to.
  • They should also bring back the expression wheel
  • Add dog armor (just because it seems awesome)
  • Make the maps more detailed
  • Make more moral choices outside of storyline
  • Make moral choices easier, because in Fable 3 you could either be good and kill everyone, or be evil and save everyone
  • Allow dog breed choosing

Arestia

Aerista
Reaction score
I agree with the customization, but...
  • Keep fast travel, I explore when I want to.
  • They should also bring back the expression wheel
  • Add dog armor (just because it seems awesome)
  • Make the maps more detailed
  • Make more moral choices outside of storyline
  • Make moral choices easier, because in Fable 3 you could either be good and kill everyone, or be evil and save everyone
  • Allow dog breed choosing

I was playing Fable 2 and I do miss the expression wheel. Those ideas are cool! Welcome, btw!

TheDarkCynder

Reaction score
I think moral choices should be harder, like with the Elliot/Elise scene but more deep. The right decision isn't always the best one.

Pikpik

The Divinity of Hope
Reaction score

Actually, that was one of my favorite parts of Fable 3. It wasn't any choice that you could just shrug and do the other without a second thought. This was the hallmark of the game, a choice that comes with a real consequence. "If I break all my promises... no one in Albion will die... but if I keep them... no one will be around to benefit from them..." that was the first time I actually had to stop and think about my decisions with a Fable game. Brilliant.

Erika

Reaction score
i agree on the working with Bethesda thing.
idk who peter molyneux is but from what iv herd hes ben distroying fable. agreed on the cosimizing thing.
get rid of fast travel but dont get rid of the boat and carriage thing. AND BRING IN SOME MOUNTS!

i hated fable 3 cuz of the first part, all you did was make a few coices and make a promise. not much compared to the 2nd part.

obivion was awsome, granted being a werewolf would have ben sweet... and the faces looked horrable i could barly make my characters look pretty... but the story line and teh quests where great. (cant wait for skyrim)

(btw bwing a vampire and balvareen in f4 would be kick ars.)

callycap3

The Iron Marquis
Reaction score
Actually, that was one of my favorite parts of Fable 3. It wasn't any choice that you could just shrug and do the other without a second thought. This was the hallmark of the game, a choice that comes with a real consequence. "If I break all my promises... no one in Albion will die... but if I keep them... no one will be around to benefit from them..." that was the first time I actually had to stop and think about my decisions with a Fable game. Brilliant.

Very true. Moral choices are one of the only thing F3 did right. There was a lot of weight to the choices, even from the start (Elise or the protesters...), and on more than one occasion I really had to think about what I was doing.

i agree on the working with Bethesda thing.
idk who peter molyneux is but from what iv herd hes ben distroying fable. agreed on the cosimizing thing.
get rid of fast travel but dont get rid of the boat and carriage thing. AND BRING IN SOME MOUNTS!

i hated fable 3 cuz of the first part, all you did was make a few coices and make a promise. not much compared to the 2nd part.

obivion was awsome, granted being a werewolf would have ben sweet... and the faces looked horrable i could barly make my characters look pretty... but the story line and teh quests where great. (cant wait for skyrim)

(btw bwing a vampire and balvareen in f4 would be kick ars.)

... You don't know who Peter Molyneux is? ... fail.
Epic fail.

Also they would never allow you to be vampires or werewolves in Fable, messes up your moral choices - if you HAVE to drink people's blood or become a beast every full moon, you have no say in the matter. And they would never implement a class system of werewolves, vampires, humans etc because they already have a class system based on choice - choice of weapon class (ie pistol vs rifle), choice of appearance, choice of fighting style (strength, skill, will).

Erika

Reaction score
Very true. Moral choices are one of the only thing F3 did right. There was a lot of weight to the choices, even from the start (Elise or the protesters...), and on more than one occasion I really had to think about what I was doing.

... You don't know who Peter Molyneux is? ... fail.
Epic fail.

Also they would never allow you to be vampires or werewolves in Fable, messes up your moral choices - if you HAVE to drink people's blood or become a beast every full moon, you have no say in the matter. And they would never implement a class system of werewolves, vampires, humans etc because they already have a class system based on choice - choice of weapon class (ie pistol vs rifle), choice of appearance, choice of fighting style (strength, skill, will).

=x i herd a bit about him but.. no... i dont know who hes is..

sorry dident mean to add vampire. but balvareens, when you chose to distroy or save the silverpine village. after you distroyed it he could have offerd for you to be a balvareen.
a good person can be a balvareen. he/she will just have to get used to going into a bandit camp before chaning tho.

callycap3

The Iron Marquis
Reaction score
=x i herd a bit about him but.. no... i dont know who hes is..

sorry dident mean to add vampire. but balvareens, when you chose to distroy or save the silverpine village. after you distroyed it he could have offerd for you to be a balvareen.
a good person can be a balvareen. he/she will just have to get used to going into a bandit camp before chaning tho.

K, read about Peter Molyneux, its a bit embarrassing you not knowing who he is. If Fable is a religion, he is God, Jesus and Judas all rolled into one.

Also yeah nice idea about balverines but a Hero should be powerful enough without animal powers. Play Fable 1, you will see how powerful Heroes should (and can) be.

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
somehow that last post gave me an idea for something they should do for the next fable, I know it's been (partially) said before but:
Bring back trolls, but make one that has evolved to reflect the advance in technology something like a clockwork troll (but an actual troll rather than a robot)

Erika

Reaction score
K, read about Peter Molyneux, its a bit embarrassing you not knowing who he is. If Fable is a religion, he is God, Jesus and Judas all rolled into one.

Also yeah nice idea about balverines but a Hero should be powerful enough without animal powers. Play Fable 1, you will see how powerful Heroes should (and can) be.
ohhh i plan to, finaly got my dad to get it. now all i have to do is downlaod that software or what ever that makes you able to play xbox games on a 360. ill be playing in with in a month. XD

yea but being a werewolf lover i think being a blavareen would be cool. and since its a hero maybe instead of changing every night you change when you wont to?

Erika

Reaction score
somehow that last post gave me an idea for something they should do for the next fable, I know it's been (partially) said before but:
Bring back trolls, but make one that has evolved to reflect the advance in technology something like a clockwork troll (but an actual troll rather than a robot)
that sound cool.. but dont give em anymore ideas about robots,
you already have a robot dog and gloves to cast magic.
the clock work troll tho dos sound good.

(man, some times i wish i could make my own video game...)

callycap3

The Iron Marquis
Reaction score
ohhh i plan to, finaly got my dad to get it. now all i have to do is downlaod that software or what ever that makes you able to play xbox games on a 360. ill be playing in with in a month. XD

yea but being a werewolf lover i think being a blavareen would be cool. and since its a hero maybe instead of changing every night you change when you wont to?

dont need software to play Fable 1...
I think :)
It's a fantastic game btw, the story, locations and general feel of the game are just awesome. Enjoy :D

ScousaJ

ScousaJ
Reaction score
I could see Fable staying where it is for now.. Like for Fable IV we stay in the exact same time period. We could even be the exact same person! But... Rather than being in Albion we could venture to Aurora and build a colony there. Then even go to Samarkand(?) and even other kingdoms. We could actually lay siege to their castles. Or we could be friendly with them. Either way our ultimate goal is to expand Albion's borders, power and trade. Maybe even if you lay siege to their cities then you will be at a disadvantage for some retaliation from the void (CRAWLER!). However, if you befriend them then you will have an even larger force and no retaliation could even scratch your sword... Just my two pence.

SonofRaiden

Thread Killer/Necromancer
Reaction score
bring back Will. eventually it will all be about guns. it is sheer bull **** that will hath dwindled. what happened to using force push to destroy whole towns? also. make a spell that destroys buildings and forests. have the power to move mountains. also i hate that we can not go into the past. i also want the ability to abandon the dog. i would want to dual wield. CAN SOMEONE ATTEMPT DUAL WIELD???

wulfric

Professional bigot-slayer and redneck-eradicator
Reaction score
i prefered to play Fable 3 with the rifle because, in my opinion, it stops the player spamming the fire button making him/her diversify your talents making the game better...thats one of the reasons that i loved the combat system when the first fable came out. The Ranged weapons were for ranged combat not every fight (cough Fable 2).
Plus Fable 3 is probobly the first Fable game that truly made me give a damn about the choices with elise setting the ball rolling early on gotta give Lionhead a very well deserved pat on the head for that!(especially the whole "the game doesnt end with winning back the crown" thing awesome twist there)
The only things that have been letting the series down so far have been a few technical difficulties e.g sorting out what type of things we do like and dont such as the ridiculous amounts of pointlessness that surrounded Fable 2 (not to mention the aura of failure...no offence hard working game designers..Peter's fault).
Then again Fable1 had a EPICNESS apeal which is only now beginning to return to the series, one of the reasons why i fully intend to replay it.
but one thing is for sure...I HEREBY DECLARE THAT I DO NOT GIVE A DAMN FOR VILLAGERS AND THEIR STUPID, REPETETIVE, FANNYING ABOUT, BRAIN NUMBING FETCH QUESTS!
Just two more things before i finish up: 1) stop setting Fable further and further in the future...its beggining to lose the apeal that made the franchise such a success to begin with (loved the steampunk Albion though just no further - by much)...or i might as well mod Halo with a god damn clothing mod filled with pretty frivolities. 2) Keep Peter Molyneux trap SHUT for goodness sake i mean jesus i want to play the game and experience not recall all the things Peter said would be in it...in fact lock him up somewhere, no matter what he says do not let him into a room with camera's or mic's until the games published....
Rant and constructive criticism over
Oh yeh and give a diamond encrusted cookie to the guy who came up with the three wizards and evil baron quest in Fable 3 ;)

LORD-OF-ALBION333

Reaction score
1.)I just want to see the next fable take place during a rococo like time period! =D
2.)Also I definitely agree that we should be able to dress our family, cause i don't want somebody to walk in and tell my wife to get back to cleaning the castle or something, lolz!
3.)I also think you should get to not only pick your character's features but also there children's features, not the spouse though.
4.) I think there should be a list of names you can choose from at the beginning of the game, to better personalize your character
5.)and i think it would be cool if the female characters could actually play as prego women the men could have to come home and take care of there prego wife's
6.)and although I liked most of the clothing and makeup an tattoos etc. I think they definitely need to work on cooler hair, and more variety of the other things listed above
Those are my idea's if i have more later i'll post back xD