• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I'm FURIOUS with fable 4.. (NOT the journey)

Lucky Strike

Reaction score
Just because they decided to make "the journey" WE have to wait till 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is unfair!!!! First of all even IF i liked kinect it's not a fable game! It's something like a spin off!!!!! I want my fable!!! And i don't want to wait a gazillion yers just becase they want to do a kinect spin off game!!!! They have staff!!! They could work with 2 teams for the games!!!! Atleast i hope that it willbe a BIG game with tons of stuff!!!! Because if i wait till 2013 for a small and mediocare game i'll flip!!!!!

What do you think?????

callycap3

The Iron Marquis
Reaction score
everyone agrees with you. just read the fable: the journey forums

Corpsy

Beneficium Accipere, Libertatem est Vendere
Reaction score
Just because they decided to make "the journey" WE have to wait till 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is unfair!!!! First of all even IF i liked kinect it's not a fable game! It's something like a spin off!!!!! I want my fable!!! And i don't want to wait a gazillion yers just becase they want to do a kinect spin off game!!!! They have staff!!! They could work with 2 teams for the games!!!! Atleast i hope that it willbe a BIG game with tons of stuff!!!! Because if i wait till 2013 for a small and mediocare game i'll flip!!!!!

What do you think?????
(I'm not, by any means, defending or trying to defend Lionhead) If they do go with the dual team approach, it is more likely that both games would go more frayed and awry and more un-Fable than it is now. And about the time problem, why, there are lots of games you can drown yourself in (Deus Ex, Skyrim just to mention two)!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
To be honest id rather Lionhead spent 3 or 4 years making another decent Fable game because you cant churn games out in a year and make them that much improved from the last. The series needs to go back to the drawing board and remember what made it good in the first place and try to return to its roots and stop leaning more towards an action/adventure game rather than an RPG.

Drew2686

Nap time is before pants time.
Reaction score
Angry much? I prefer the wait so that they get it right. I know of too many rushed-out products that are fail where they should have been epic.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
I'm with Drakan and Drew. Lionhead need to put some real effort into overhauling just about everything about Fable. They need to make it fresh again. Adding new weapons, changing the time period, all of that is nice and sequel-worthy. What it does not do is make the game world fresh and filled with a renewed sense of wonder.

They need to prove that they aren't a one trick pony whether it takes 2, 5, or even 10 years.
If they don't do it now then before long Fable will only sound like a broken record.

Lucky Strike

Reaction score
I know i know :)

My problem is not that i haveto wait till 2013 BUT that i have to wait BECAUSE of the fable:the journey..

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I know i know :)

My problem is not that i haveto wait till 2013 BUT that i have to wait BECAUSE of the fable:the journey..

See it as a blessing in disguise because development wont stop on Fable 4 because of The Journey. They will be working on it without the spotlight and have more time for development and polish.

Lucky Strike

Reaction score
Still at another pace :p But i hope they will do a great work :) From my experience when they take their time they are amazing :)

BWfreak

Reaction score
I really don't care how long it takes. I just want a game more reminiscent of Fable: TLC. Loved that game!!! I want more of that!

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
they should come out with Fable: Anniversary... it would still have to be in 2013 though... i would buy it.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
Oh stop your bitching. The first Fable took nearly five years.

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score
they should come out with Fable: Anniversary... it would still have to be in 2013 though... i would buy it.

I would love to see this. Fable TLC with true HD graphics. I could see it now...

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
What they should do is not make another Fable game, at least for a while. They've poisoned the franchise too much. Start completely fresh with a new idea, build a completely new world, don't be restricted by the Fable title. Otherwise they're just going to be known as the one hit wonder that made Fable TLC, and then couldn't follow it up.

EDIT: actually, one hit wonder is harsh. The Black and White series is pretty good.

BWfreak

Reaction score
I would love to see this. Fable TLC with true HD graphics. I could see it now...

I hate that idea. There is no point in buying a game if you already have a perfectly good version. It's just the company looking to make more money for a minimum amount of work. I understand it takes time and work to update all the graphics, but there is no creativity involved in the way of story line. There is nothing new. Not to mention, it's wasting time that could be spent developing a brand new Fable game.

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score
I hate that idea. There is no point in buying a game if you already have a perfectly good version. It's just the company looking to make more money for a minimum amount of work. I understand it takes time and work to update all the graphics, but there is no creativity involved in the way of story line. There is nothing new. Not to mention, it's wasting time that could be spent developing a brand new Fable game.

Why would it be a waste? Little work to make a potentially huge profit? Then they could use that money to work on Fable IV? Such a waste.

Also, why wouldn't you want it in improved graphics? Granted Fable TLC still looks decent. I could fall in love all over again.

Calabasas

Reaction score
I don't know why everyone is still so in love with the first Fable but they generally criticize the others. The first one was good, but I didn't think it was THAT much better than Fable 2. Fable 3 wasn't perfect but I enjoyed it.

Someone else posted that they wanted Fable 4 to be an action/adventure game. I played too many crap action/adventure games that were nothing other than following a very linear story line and shooting as many enemies as possible along the way. If Fable turns into that it would be depressing. I like the Fable series...I hope Molyneux keeps up what he is doing. I usually enjoy most of it.

For the person complaining about having to wait until 2013 - I can't say for sure, but I am sure Microsoft wanted a game to try and bump up sales of the Kinect, which is why Journey is getting made. As for having to wait until 2013 - quit crying. The world does not revolve around you (or any fan....just fyi)