• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Help with Brightwood Demon Door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

King William

Reaction score
Okay,.. I have the dreadlocks, the chops, the yokel hat, the tart shirt, the corset (although I found one website that said noble gents shirt, so I tried both) and all he saids is the same three things:

"All of those wonderful Demon Doors out there, with their extaordinary treasures, why would anyone waste their time here?",...

"No one in their right minds would wear such a combination of clothes, although that is scant comfort at this time",...

and

"I should have said silver cape, never would have found one of those".

I am unsure of the shoes, so I have tried several pairs, but he does not say I am dressed wrong, just the above. can anyone help? :ermm:

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score
I think you have hit a glitch, fable 2 is full of them. Try a new hero dedicated specificly to opening demon doors. Word of advice, turn full good first for the laugh expression for the bower lake door.

King William

Reaction score
Thanks,... I thought it might be a glitch. But I will not be starting over, I am not a 100%er. The best I did was 98.7% with Red Dead Redemption, and I am cool with just trying my best. I did all of them except Brightwood and Fairfax Gardens.

I played fable 3, four times. But I liked it much better. First as good king, then as bad king, then as bad princess, and then again as bad king.

On another forum, someone was having a real problem doing something or other, and the best advice was given by someone.

"You are doing it for fun, and as soon as it is no longer fun, then stop."^_^

There are a few achievements I'll try while waiting for, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, to arrive.

THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP. :D

MAN,... IT STARTED RAINING AGAIN! I might need to start building an Ark.

P.S., after writing this, I saw someone complaining about fable 3. he said he can not even fix his glitches because he does not have "LIVE". I recently got LIVE. Do you think something about LIVE can help me?

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score
I dont think any patches ever came out for fable 2.

King William

Reaction score
Oh,... well. I got rid of the deads, and the chops, and the women clothing. I can live without doing it. But it is funny, because it was not always like that. it started off asking for cheese, and then telling me what was wrong with my look like: "That's not deadlocks." ect.

I didn't know that glitches could just suddenly appear.

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score
Well first it asks you for cheese believing that there is still a deadly cheese famine, then he says to change your hair, then he says change your clothes, then he gives up and lets you in.

King William

Reaction score
But now he is stuck saying the same things. Too bad I can not just blast it open. :devil:

BUT,... THANKS again for all of your help. ^_^

FiliusMartis

Reaction score
Put your gear back on, face the door, and mash the A button until he relents. It works about 99% of the time. It's really not a glitch, he's just a stubborn door.

King William

Reaction score
I GOT IN!!!!!:D
I sometimes go there and see if things would change, but they never do. This time I came in just regular clothes, not the stuff I was suppose to wear, and he started with the same nonsense.​
So I decide to try and stand as close to the door as I could and press "A", and see if that unstuck it. And it WORKED! He said, probably the same things he saids before opening up, and he opened. ^_^​
I then did the Fairfax one, and something weird happened. When he opened I got in without pressing the "A", and when I did I was in front of a wall, I then went back out and and pressed "A" and got in the right way.​
But it also closed when I left, and the Demon Door was there. I had never seen a Door close again once it opened. I wanted to take my wife and son in since it was a beautiful place. I had no trouble getting in the second time, it was just odd that it closed again once it was open.​
THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL OF THE HELP. ^_^​

Status
Not open for further replies.