• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Goodbye XBOX

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Was bored with my XBOX and never played it. Halo got boring, I no longer cared to pay for live, and no games (save SSX, ME3 and Skyrim) to look forward too. One of which I'll have to live without, one will be a PC release as well, and one will most likely be released on my new console: the Nintendo Wii.

I traded everything in and was able to get a used Wii with Smash Bros. Brawl. As a bonus the previous owner had left Super Mario 64 and Super Paper Mario on it, so I got those for free.

No regrets here, I have a console that I'm enjoying now. Sure I got ripped a new one by GameStop's trade-in policy, but it's not like it's surprising.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have power stars to collect.
Just felt like sharing.

Post berating or apathetic comments below.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
Right before MW3, BF3, ME3, Halo: CEA and Oblivion....?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Oblivion....?

Skyrim ;)

The Wii is ok for a couple of months but the novelty wears thin fast and most games feel very samey. Dont get me wrong it has some good games but far to many recycled casual ones.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Was highly tempted to get a Wii back in 2007/2008 with Brawl coming out, but they were all sold out and I wasn't able to get one until much later in 2009. By that time I had lost all interest with the exception of Super Mario Galaxy 2, so I took a pass.

If it's serving you better than Xbox though, then more power to you bud.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Right before MW3, BF3, ME3, Halo: CEA and Oblivion....?
Don't play realistic shooters, which rules out MW3 and BF3. I gave up on Halo, and I plan on playing Skyrim on the PC as soon as I scrape up the funds to buy a decent one. As for ME3, well... every war has its casualties amiright?

Skyrim ;)

The Wii is ok for a couple of months but the novelty wears thin fast and most games feel very samey. Dont get me wrong it has some good games but far to many recycled casual ones.
Yes, there aren't a huge number of titles that I plan on getting into for mainly that reason. Half the reason I was looking forward to the Wii were the classics on the marketplace. Have yet to go and see how they are priced, but it's a goldmine for nostalgia and missed opportunities from not owning a GameCube when they were new.

Was highly tempted to get a Wii back in 2007/2008 with Brawl coming out, but they were all sold out and I wasn't able to get one until much later in 2009. By that time I had lost all interest with the exception of Super Mario Galaxy 2, so I took a pass.
It's fun and all, but I think I still prefer melee. Still, it's nice having a few extra characters to play around with. And I am greatly looking forward to getting my hands on Twilight Princess, the Mario Galaxy games, and all the Wii marketplace goodies that the marketplace has to offer. <3

If it's serving you better than Xbox though, then more power to you bud.
Cheers ^_^

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
i have not touched my wii :)troll:) since the new DK game came out... pretty much waiting for the Wii U now... as some of you know i got my sis a Wii for a wedding gift, gave her almost half my games cus i beat them all long ago :/
I was looking forward to the Wii were the classics on the marketplace. Have yet to go and see how they are priced, but it's a goldmine for nostalgia and missed opportunities from not owning a GameCube when they were new.
there are no gamecube games on the virtual console, bud... wish there was (wario world)

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
3593604185_26350c9c26.jpg

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
To give you a sense of to what extent that goes: if it has guns that shoot bullets and it's not in outer space, I consider it realistic.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I barely use my Wii. I only have a few games sure but as Giki said the novelty wears thin.

You'll miss your xbox in time, even if you didn't use it. I don't use mine that much but I miss it when away for a week or so, just knowing I can't play it etc.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
To give you a sense of to what extent that goes: if it has guns that shoot bullets and it's not in outer space, I consider it realistic.

How about Gears of War 3?

My other 360 with Kinect has taken the place of the Wii in the lounge and the Wii has been relegated to my girlfriends sons bedroom as hes the only one that uses it. My girlfriend used it for Wii Fit and party games but Kinect has them on it and she prefers them.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
How about Gears of War 3?
I guess I wouldn't call Gears realistic, but I was never a huge fan of the series. Though you did spot a loophole, so there's a like in it for you.

My other 360 with Kinect has taken the place of the Wii in the lounge and the Wii has been relegated to my girlfriends sons bedroom as hes the only one that uses it. My girlfriend used it for Wii Fit and party games but Kinect has them on it and she prefers them.
Are party games really that much better on Kinect?
I admit that I'm a total stranger to the games for Kinect as well as the Wii, though one has been out considerably longer. I'd be surprised if Kinects game library was already better in any category, including party games.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I guess I wouldn't call Gears realistic, but I was never a huge fan of the series. Though you did spot a loophole, so there's a like in it for you.

Are party games really that much better on Kinect?
I admit that I'm a total stranger to the games for Kinect as well as the Wii, though one has been out considerably longer. I'd be surprised if Kinects game library was already better in any category, including party games.

They arent great but she uses a lot of exercise ones and using your whole body and not simply waving a controller around by sitting down is better. Plus the kids who come around ours much prefer Kinect as its more interactive as it uses the whole body.

Personally im not a fan of motion control in any form as its to imprecise to be used properly.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
I would never get rid of my 360 I have far too many games, and far too much effort put into my gamerprofile, I'd be sad. I mean Castlevania LOS, Lego Games, Mirrors Edge, Mass Effect, Dues X, Left 4 Dead, Orange box, Portals..*continutes listing*

But then again, I have a wii, and I don't have many games for it. I miss the wii sports, so I could bowl. Lol, and I've beaten Twilight Princess so many times I can't even count anymore.
I prefer my DS when it comes to the marketplace, nice and cheap games on there. :)

either way as long as you're having fun with it.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
I wasn't aware that anyone on the planet besides me played this game.

well, I've tried Castlevania's in the past, I liked Aria of Sorrow, and Dawn of Sorrow, beaten those and tried a few other ones. Decided to buy Lords of Shadow and was quiet pleased with it. :) and yep, someone else on the planet is playing it.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
well, I've tried Castlevania's in the past, I liked Aria of Sorrow, and Dawn of Sorrow, beaten those and tried a few other ones. Decided to buy Lords of Shadow and was quiet pleased with it. :) and yep, someone else on the planet is playing it.

I'm pretty sure Dawn of Sorrow is the only one I haven't played, and Order of Ecclesia is the only one that I own that I haven't beaten. Have you played Circle of the Moon or Portrait of Ruin? Those are definitely the best for GBA and DS.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Dawn of Sorrow is the only one I haven't played, and Order of Ecclesia is the only one that I own that I haven't beaten. Have you played Circle of the Moon or Portrait of Ruin? Those are definitely the best for GBA and DS.

Ooooh forgot about Order of Ecclasia, I should get back on that. Dawn of Sorrows nice too. And I've not started those too, but because my boyfriends obsessed with Castlevania in general, I'm sure it'll be only a matter of time before I play those too. ^_^