• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable The Journey E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

excalibur97

Reaction score
Today, Fable: The Journey was revealed at Microsoft's E3 conference. It is shown as Kinect game (they did not say whether or not it was a Kinect exclusive or not). In the cinematic it had Theresa running thru the woods being chased by black smoke, she ran into a man on a horse carriage, she got on and said something like "Heroes must now be made". The black smoke looked similar to the smoke that is usually around the Crawler and his minions. The man playing the game took over and used Kinect to whip the horses.
Soon though, they ran into some hobbes. He took them out with magic, and then a huge one burst in thru a wooden door. The area they were at is similar to the Mercenary Camp in Fable 3. Then the screen faded to black and Peter left the stage.
So, if you saw it, what do you think of the game? Do you think that this means there's no more Fable 3 DLC or what? I would rather them focus on Fable 3 by adding more DLC to the storyline, than start up a new game (unless this is connected to Fable 3).

TheDarkCynder

Reaction score
I really hope this is some kind of side-game and later they continue with Fable IV, because this looks horrible. Apparently, you aren't a Hero. You play a normal member of the Dweller tribe who found Theresa and have to take her somewhere, which is why it's called Fable: The Journey. You have magic, and I guess you get it when you find Theresa.
I believe it is first-person and I do believe it is Kinect Exclusive. You travel by horse and carrige and "most of the action will take place near your carrige". "You will be able to bond with the horse." Horse replacing dog?
My opinion? ICK! NO. NO. Get it away from me.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score
good god I like fable and this looks absolutely disgusting. unless this is a side story leading to a new game then why lionhead? WHY????

Phantom Blade

Reaction score
....**** you Peter and kinect..........where the hell is the DLC for Fable 3 or for a matter of fact fable 4?
ill tell you one thing this will be the only game in this series im not getting.I mean this is very infuriating.....LiondHead and Kinect are they high or something....i need go grab a drink. Please let this be a spin-off

UnholyKing

UnholyKing
Reaction score
i love fable games as well but this one im getting just for the story and then im going to give back to the game shop

Dentie

Reaction score
I bet it will make a link between fable III and Fable IV because in the trailer she says that heroes aren't born anymore so in that game they will probably show and explain how heroes become heroes from now on. But everything I said is just a speculation

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score
I bet it will make a link between fable III and Fable IV because in the trailer she says that heroes aren't born anymore so in that game they will probably show and explain how heroes become heroes from now on.

God I hope so....

excalibur97

Reaction score
I am willing to bet this is a prequel, that is right before Fable II, for Theresa is a lot younger. Her hair is a lot darker. Plus, when she says "Heroes are not born anymore" I am guessing that is talking about how there were no longer any heroes in Albion. Plus the dark smoke, probably has to do with the Darkness. And, I believe that they are working on DLC for Fable III, for on the Lionhead Forums and Dev commented on this thread by saying, "Aurora is actually bigger than Albion if you look at the world map. And of course we haven't finished exploring all of it yet. There's a big old door in the Veiled Path. That's gotta lead somewhere". That was posted by Gradius1. You can read the whole topic here, http://projectego.net/forums/threads/fable-the-journey-e3.28755/ . If you just want to see him say that read down to his post. I don't think the whole topic has to do with that though.

Dentie

Reaction score
I am willing to bet this is a prequel, that is right before Fable II, for Theresa is a lot younger. Her hair is a lot darker. Plus, when she says "Heroes are not born anymore" I am guessing that is talking about how there were no longer any heroes in Albion. Plus the dark smoke, probably has to do with the Darkness. And, I believe that they are working on DLC for Fable III, for on the Lionhead Forums and Dev commented on this thread by saying, "Aurora is actually bigger than Albion if you look at the world map. And of course we haven't finished exploring all of it yet. There's a big old door in the Veiled Path. That's gotta lead somewhere". That was posted by Gradius1. You can read the whole topic here, http://projectego.net/forums/threads/fable-the-journey-e3.28755/ . If you just want to see him say that read down to his post. I don't think the whole topic has to do with that though.

On the site it says it is 5 years after Fable III.

"Set five years after the events of Fable III, Journey takes you on a magical journey with only your loyal horse at your reins, Theresa, the mysterious seer of Fable III, by your side, and a malevolent evil to defeat before it claims all of Albion."

Lucky Strike

Reaction score
please shoot me!!!!!! it's horrible!!!! i hope it's not fale 4 but just a side thing.. :(

Phantom Blade

Reaction score

**** me.....(facepalm).. i was able to handle fable 3 after traitors keep came out (awesome dlc) but this urgh stil linfuriates me even after two days of cooling off. yeah ill probably pick skyrim up if this is infact fable 4 but i hope to god its not.Little by little microsoft is making me hate them more and more.

excalibur97

Reaction score
Really? Five years? So I wonder when the next DLC will take place...if it will be five years in the future or what? If this is a prequel to Fable IV or a prequel to the next DLC...

Phantom Blade

Reaction score
Really? Five years? So I wonder when the next DLC will take place...if it will be five years in the future or what? If this is a prequel to Fable IV or a prequel to the next DLC...

5 years a very short period for your hero to up and just die.and off screen too that would certainly **** me off.atleast your hero in fable 2 is mentioned

excalibur97

Reaction score
I just read that The Guardian had an article on it. In it is says, "One of the main differences, though, is that the player doesn't start off the game destined to be a hero. They're just an average, everyday conjurer. They happen across Theresa, the blind prophetess of Albion, who has been wounded by the Corruption, the faceless protagonist from Fable III. It's up to them then to restore her power and save Albion.". http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/jun/08/e3-2011-fable-the-journey-peter-molyneux . Could the Corruption be the Crawler, or something that's not literally the protagonists that had no face, but the one pulling the strings? Peter also insist in it that this is not a rails game.

excalibur97

Reaction score
The one thing that's makes me curious, is that Theresa seems to turn the Dweller into a Hero...

UnholyKing

UnholyKing
Reaction score
from the looks of it she can trun anyone in to a hero

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
....f*** you Peter and kinect..........where the hell is the DLC for Fable 3 or for a matter of fact fable 4?
ill tell you one thing this will be the only game in this series im not getting.I mean this is very infuriating.....LiondHead and Kinect are they high or something....i need go grab a drink. Please let this be a spin-off

Chill guys! Lionhead is a HUGE company. From what I heard, Fable: The Journey is being made not by the Fable guys, but by the guys who worked on Project Milo. They are set to work on Kinect games, while half of the Fable team work on dlc for Fable 3. The remaining half of the Fable team are working on the initial stages of Fable 4.

So, in a way, you can call The Journey a spin-off. From what I've seen, though, this game better be priced at 15$ or be a 800 mspoints download or something. It doesn't seem like major game potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.