• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable III Inertactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayMurda

Reaction score
**Edit: I know there is a typo in the title, my mistake!**

Hello Forum,

I've recently purchased Fable III for me lady, and for myself once I get the time to play. After watching her play for a bit, I've noticed that when you approach a NPC or Co-op character and hit 'A' to interact, you’re given only the interaction the game chooses, and it seems to choose randomly.

What I’m getting at is this: Is there a way to CHOOSE your interaction?

If not, I'm sorry to say to all fable fans, including myself, that this is a ridiculous and dim witted game play function. I mean, shaking hands is the most COMMON formal/informal way of greeting anyone. So, shaking hands is the most obvious selection if the game is going to NOT let you pick, but instead, it’s constantly picking 'Dance' or 'Patty Cake'? I cannot explain my frustration enough about this! Isn't it retarded that you must break into a tango when you meet new people? That's your way of introducing yourself? Not only that, if NPCs react differently based on the deeds you've done or what you've done for them, wouldn't 'Dance' or 'Patty Cake' be the WORST decision unless you knew the persons comfort level with you???? Good god! My internet research reveals no data indicating that there is a way to choose, and if this forum confirms it, I need to write Lionhead a letter.

There HAS TO BE A WAY TO CHOOSE! While searching, all I come across is interviews with the development staff regarding the interaction in Fable III. It's so 'in-depth' and the 'touch mechanics heavily influence your relationships' -- If this is true, LET ME PICK MY INTERACTIONS! I've seen my girlfriend dance with person after person, stranger after stranger; it is goddamn stupid because society doesn't work like that! What’s worse is this is the same kind of crap that happens when you try to 'Haggle' in the game.

I understand that it is a fairy tale fantasy game, and it’s also light hearted and entertaining, but, I do not want to hear so much about how awesome and in-depth, or how important the interaction is, if all you get are randomly generated selections that are not context sensitive and have no relation to real human interaction. Yes we all dance with each other - No, none of us do it first thing when we meet a person on the street.

Help me, please tell me I'm wrong, I want to be wrong so badly,

Jeramiah

DeaconSeth

Reaction score
You're not wrong. Once you unlock the option to execute an interaction, the game will at random choose what you have available to do, be it Positive (A) or Negative (Y).

Fable 3 FTW

Reaction score
No need to interact just kill everyone :blush:

Megr0n

Reaction score
I am SO sick of choosing between "dance" and "chicken" every time I interact with someone >_<
It's just so poorly done, I'd rather they just kept a similar expression menu to Fable II.

Status
Not open for further replies.