• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Did a number on my hand..

DieselFuelOnly

Pardon cheez while he gets classy
Reaction score
Well apparently tonight wasn't a good night to go outside and work on something because I couldn't sleep. It's -2 degrees fahrenheit here and I was laying under my Yamaha quad replacing an A arm. I picked a wrench up to snug some stuff up one last time. It wasn't until I tried to drop the wrench that I realized I still had degreaser on my hand when I picked up the wrench. Not wanting to walk all the way up to the house and go into the kitchen with grease and garage dirt all over me, I just closed my eyes and peeled it off.

My hands were numb from the cold already so all I felt was a little bit of stinging. I let the quad down off the jack and shut the garage up and when I got changed and came upstairs I realize that I'd peeled a very nice amount of skin off my palm, thumb, and ring finger.

I have it wrapped in gauze and electrical tape right now and it hurts like a motherf***er. What should I do to get it patched up right?

EDIT: Actually, if I have to go to the doctor I will, but I'd prefer not to. I don't like doctors :|

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
And your first thought was to type out a couple paragraphs using said hand?

If you haven't already, get yo ass to a doctor, son. But say you high-fived a sandpaper machine. Much better than "I couldn't be arsed washing off the degreaser so I played let's-peel-the-orange with my own hand."

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
-2 bah! Utter lies that sounds like -5 or more(or less lol I dunno) Its round about -1 or -2 here, no snow yet though or ice, but the city is covered in grit (yay!)

And yes as queen said, don't ask your peers on what to do with loss of skin on the palm of your hand, go the walk in centre or your GP or something. As much as there is of smart arses on the internet I guarantee that there isn't any of us with a phd.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
^At this point he shouldn't it'll just peel more skin off, especially if he has frost bite. Go to the doctor if you haven't.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
You have it wrapped in electrical tape???? What in the hell...

Take that off.

Peroxide, bandages, and get your butt over to a doctor as Queen suggested. There is no reason you should still be sitting here asking us for advice. Trust me, the doctors are not going to kill and experiment on you.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
You guys obviously have no idea what it means to be a man.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
And not a single fap joke was made.... I r dissapoint.

But in all seriousness get youself to a doctor. You're just post-phoning a horrible infection. They're probably going to tell you to rub some weird cream on it. But its best to listen to their advice.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score

But in all seriousness get youself to a doctor. You're just post-phoning a horrible infection. They're probably going to tell you to rub some weird cream on it. But its best to listen to their advice.

Yep antibiotics probably. Of some sort.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
This sounds like an injury a pharmacist can help you with (I mean some soothing creams for the pain maybe). I don't know the full extent of your injury but I'm pretty sure I'd just whack some Peroxide on it and that'd be all.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
There's a difference between being a man and being an idiot.

Spluh!

The manly way is the idiotic way, but faster!

DieselFuelOnly

Pardon cheez while he gets classy
Reaction score
Doesn't mean we don't still love you.

:wub:

But I do hope you're not still wearing that electrical tape.

I took it off.

I'm left handed for some things. This is my right. And that's all I'm going to say :shifty:

You guys obviously have no idea what it means to be a man.

Thank you.. But the guy way is usually plain stupid, that's true.

And your first thought was to type out a couple paragraphs using said hand?

Been a while since something exciting happened to me, this is the highlight of the week, I had to tell people :ermm:

I called a friends mom, who is a nurse, she said to peroxide the hell out of it. Then put some Neosporin on it and give it a day to see if the stinging stops, if it does, it'll be fine. And the stinging has already eased up quite a bit, so hopefully I dodged the infection bullet on this one.

Oddly enough though, this isn't the first time I had my hand frozen to something.. Last winter at work, me and one of the other shop mechanics were out back having a chew, and I was leaning on the bumper of a truck. Tried to move and it was stuck... That was an easier situation though because he was able to get some gasoline to pour on it and I was fine. Maybe I should start wearing work gloves :|