• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Co-op start point

SmolderShark

Reaction score
Hey guys. I am trying to play online with a friend via Xbox game pass cloud streaming. Does anyone know if co-op is even functional in this version of the game? I have my orb availability set to everyone and yet I have not seen a single orb out in the world yet. Or is there a point in the story I need to reach before co-op is available?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Hey guys. I am trying to play online with a friend via Xbox game pass cloud streaming. Does anyone know if co-op is even functional in this version of the game? I have my orb availability set to everyone and yet I have not seen a single orb out in the world yet. Or is there a point in the story I need to reach before co-op is available?

Not sure how much of the online remains functional in 2023 and if the servers are still fully active but I remember NAT types being an issue 'back in the day' and had to make sure it was set to open as this could cause issues.

SmolderShark

Reaction score
Not sure how much of the online remains functional in 2023 and if the servers are still fully active but I remember NAT types being an issue 'back in the day' and had to make sure it was set to open as this could cause issues.
I see plenty of threads on Reddit and such of people saying they play online using game pass, but my nat type hasn’t been “open” since the Xbox 360 days so that might be why.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I see plenty of threads on Reddit and such of people saying they play online using game pass, but my nat type hasn’t been “open” since the Xbox 360 days so that might be why.

Its a possibility as the older online titles can have issues with Moderate or Strict NAT types.

SmolderShark

Reaction score
So it turns out that for gamepass, if someone is on your friends list in the Xbox app, it does not mean that they are also on your Xbox 360 friend list when playing an older game. We were able to bring up the Xbox 360 guide by pressing the start and share button at the same time and add and invite each other from there. We still cannot see orbs but now we can play!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
So it turns out that for gamepass, if someone is on your friends list in the Xbox app, it does not mean that they are also on your Xbox 360 friend list when playing an older game. We were able to bring up the Xbox 360 guide by pressing the start and share button at the same time and add and invite each other from there. We still cannot see orbs but now we can play!

Great that you have found a solution and it might fix this headache for others too so we appreciate you letting us know.