• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

BioShock coming to the PS3?

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
BioShock coming to the PS3?

"An inside source tells us that the critically acclaimed BioShock for Xbox 360 and PC is, in fact, on its way to PS3 after all."

GamePro said:
When asked if BioShock would be coming to PS3, our contact informed us that we'd be wrong to think the game wouldn't be released on Sony's console at a later date.

We can't name the source, but this individual is in a position to know. Still, the information can't be confirmed until 2K Games makes an official statement, and should still be treated with a grain of salt.

This new statement validates news from Tuesday, where eagle-eyed BioShock demo owners discovered a snippet of code listing both Xbox 360 and PS3 as consoles under a file setting.

It should be noted that BioShock uses the Unreal graphics engine, which supports select Xbox 360, PC, and PS3 games.

2K Games was not immediately available for comment.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
Re: BioShock coming to the PS3?

That would be quite a win for the PS3

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

I dont see it happening soon as 2k Games are working close with Microsoft and it was touch and go at first if even The Darkness would go to PS3. If it did happen it wont be for a while yet and most people will own 360 version before hand so sales of PS3 version wouldnt be close to 360 versions. It would be a similar story to that of GTA when it appeared on Xbox. It came out 6 months after PS2 version and as the Xbox hadnt sold as many consoles and most people already owned PS2 version the sales figures differed drastically. I wouldnt mind it happening as more sales for each game means more money for the developers and better games for us. +rep very interesting

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

PS3 FTW!

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

PS3 not getting BioShock, to stay Xbox 360 and PC exclusive - GAMER.BLORGE.com

Untitled3.jpg
Despite previous reports, I would call them rumors that the PS3 would be getting BioShock, it has been confirmed that the game will not be coming over to the PS3, ever. So there, stop thinking it will.

Joystiq interviewed lead designer Kev Levine of 2K games who said over the phone, "I promise you, there is no secret plan about the PS3 that we’re keeping from people. There’s no PS3 development going on that we’re hiding. There’s lots of stuff that gets into game code, plans change over time and we got an exclusive deal with Microsoft … that’s not a Rosetta Stone discovery."

To bad for Sony at least it's available for the PC. I can't wait to get this game :w00t:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score

Sony seems to be getting no big titles whatso-ever.

I haven't played this game but hopefully PS3 will get it, for one good title...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Kave;129316 said:
I haven't played this game but hopefully PS3 will get it, for one good title...

Did you read post above? Sony arent getting it, it remains Xbox 360 and PC exclusive and no PS3 version is coming.

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;129317 said:
Did you read post above? Sony arent getting it, it remains Xbox 360 and PC exclusive and no PS3 version is coming.
Didnt see that :hmm:, i feel like an idiot now.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Kave;129323 said:
Didnt see that :hmm:, i feel like an idiot now.

A mere oversight i take it, now you know :p