• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bethesda had an internal game jam for Skyrim...

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
.. and this was the result.

DLC and free updates are a sure possibility, but I'm still cryin' like a bitch because none of this is in the game!

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
WHY WASN'T ANY OF THIS IN SKYRIM!? WHY DIDN'T THEY THINK OF THIS STUFF DURING DEVELOPMENT!? WHY CAN'T I HAVE THIS STUFF NOW!? WHY AM I SHOUTING!? WHY...why...why...why...

faint-o.gif

Azer249

Reaction score
This seems like such a waste. All of them look like ruddy good ideas and yet none of them are implemented, i hope to god some people make mods to do with them or Bethesda release them as free/cheap dlc.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
This seems like such a waste. All of them look like ruddy good ideas and yet none of them are implemented, i hope to god some people make mods to do with them or Bethesda release them as free/cheap dlc.

Agreed. Even though all of this can be recreated with the Creation Kit, it's going to be a while until the modders wrap their heads around the full capabilities of the CK and its new script language. Content Locking aside, I'm really surprised Bethesda didn't even include some of this stuff during development (like simple Kill Cams).

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
The arrow and magic kill cam could have been great. Building homes and customising followers skills etc could be a great addition also. So many good ideas id like to see implemented either in future or in future games, amazing what they are capable of.

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score
Wow... I haven't even played Skyrim yet but all this looks pretty damn amazing. I'm thinking I might want to play Skyrim now. I just don't want it to consume my life.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Wow... I haven't even played Skyrim yet but all this looks pretty damn amazing. I'm thinking I might want to play Skyrim now. I just don't want it to consume my life.

It just leaps into your life and refuses to go away, you want to play other games but it wont let you. It watches you and when your least expecting it, it leaps back into your disc tray and before you realise what has happened its 24 hours later.

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score
It just leaps into your life and refuses to go away, you want to play other games but it wont let you. It watches you and when your least expecting it, it leaps back into your disc tray and before you realise what has happened its 24 hours later.

I have the strangest feeling that I'd want to play Skyrim intoxicated... how is that Draken?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I have the strangest feeling that I'd want to play Skyrim intoxicated... how is that Draken?

Quite fun, gives you the sense of a mead filled warrior and your more prone to attacking civilians and wildlife alike. Funny playing with the Dragon Shouts on cliff edges and towers.

DieselFuelOnly

Pardon cheez while he gets classy
Reaction score

Exactly my reasoning for not playing it yet. I remember what happened to me when I picked up Morrowind for the original Xbox... I can say however that this video, whether the stuff is in the game or not, has motivated me to get it as soon as I can.

As for the video... That stuff was awesome and I think every company out there should have a "game jam" during each project. Do you realize the epicness we could experience if some of the crazier studios out there were allowed to do whatever they want for a week? Imagine... "Vile vorking on Cryzis three, ve decided to haz a game jam... *particle based mass water displacement* Az you can see, ve flooded ze island to kill ze people :D"

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
If it only took them a week to make all that stuff, why couldn't they have delayed release for 1 week and put some of it in? I, for one, would love to fight mudcrabzilla as a werebear.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
Lets just hope some of this stuff and then some makes it into TES:VI. I never really understood all the hype about spears until I saw them in action in that vid. I want that and the build a house feature. The skeleton butler looks awesome. I can just imagine walking in and saying " Fetch me some mead Bones!"

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
I saw a mudcrab the other day.. FUUUUUUUU-

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Money plays a factor in all of that stuff, plus testing, liability.

I'd rather get something concrete on release date. I would've been annoyed playing Skyrim and finding light sabers and sailormoon and all that junk. Like the werebear, that's for modders.

The seasonal foliage and realistic water textures really gave me a gut wrench though.

Devil Keyz

Tha Producer From Hell
Reaction score
and add to that fact they said this is just a taste of what they done.. makes me a sad panda Khajiit