• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Fable novels?

BountyHunter

Reaction score
I'm pretty much new to Fable. I've played the first one back in around 2006 or so, but haven't played 2 or 3. I recently just bought the trilogy and have started playing the first one again (Lost Chapters this time. Yes I still have my original XBox).

As I was looking up info on the trilogy, I realized that they had put out some novels. Can anybody give me a complete list of novels/short stories that they put out, and tell me where they fall in the timeline of the games? I'll probably read them and play the games in chronological order. I do weird stuff like that.

Also, are the books any good?

BountyHunter

Reaction score
Nice. Thanks. Any idea on where they fit in regard to the games?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Nice. Thanks. Any idea on where they fit in regard to the games?

Not personally no but all the plot synopsis & publish dates are in that link above (now added underneath this post) so might be able to work it out based on that.

Fable: the Balverine Order (October 1st 2010)

The days of magic and adventure are fading away, giving way to the age of industry and science. As the aged last Hero sits upon the throne of Albion, two friends—the privileged Thomas and his loyal servant, John—set out for the East in search of a legendary beast: the vicious, rarely-seen balverine. But their desire for adventure may be their ultimate undoing—because their quarry has just found them...

Fable: Blood Ties (October 1st 2011)

When they write down the histories of Albion, the name of Ben Finn will be remembered in honor. But at present, I'm feeling a bit of wanderlust-and I'm on the move again. I had to leave the beautiful Page behind, unfortunately. So, instead of a brave woman at my side, I've acquired a troublesome toadstool of a gnome who will neither leave me alone nor shut his insolent mouth.

Not that verbal barbs can hurt me-they're nothing compared to the foe that is assaulting the walled city of Blackholm. A mysterious warlord has been slowly devouring the surrounding lands, and Blackholm is putting up a fight. What better place for a drifting warrior to make his way and earn his pay?

But a darkness that no mortal can withstand is about to be unleashed. And it holds a secret that is bound with my very blood...

Fable: Edge of the World (August 1st 2012)

It’s been almost a decade since the events of Fable 3, when the Hero vanquished the threat across the sea and claimed his throne. As king he led Albion to an era of unprecedented peace and prosperity. But on the night of his wedding to his new queen, ominous word arrives: The darkness has returned.

Beyond a harrowing mountain pass, the exotic desert country Samarkand has been overrun by shadowy forces. Within the walls of its capital city, a mysterious usurper known only as the Empress has seized control. To protect his realm, the king must lead his most trusted allies into a strange land unknown to outsiders. As they forge ahead along Samarkand’s ancient Great Road, populated by undead terrors and fantastic creatures once believed to be the stuff of legend, the king is drawn ever closer to his greatest challenge yet.

But soon Albion is engulfed in a war of its own. As the darkness spreads, town by town, a treacherous force has infiltrated the queen’s circle. Now the fate of all that is good rests with a faint flicker of hope . . . that somewhere, somehow, heroes still do exist.

Fable: Blood of Heroes (August 4th 2015)

Deep in Albion’s darkest age, long before once upon a time . . . Heroes are thought to be gone from the land. So why have the bards begun singing of them once more? For Fable newcomers and dedicated fans alike, Blood of Heroes delves into a never-before-glimpsed era, telling the tale of a band of adventurers who come together to defend a kingdom in desperate need.

The city of Brightlodge is awash with Heroes from every corner of Albion, all eager for their next quest. When someone tries to burn down the Cock and Bard inn, four Heroes find themselves hastily thrown together, chasing outlaws through sewers, storming a riverboat full of smugglers, and placing their trust in a most unlikely ally. As the beginnings of a deadly plot are revealed, it becomes clear that Heroes have truly arrived—and so have villains.

What connects the recent events in Brightlodge to rumors about a malicious ghost and a spate of unsolved deaths in the nearby mining town of Grayrock? Unless Albion’s bravest Heroes can find the answer, the dawn of a new age could be extinguished before it even begins.

Fable: Theresa (January 1st 2012)

In a small village, an innocent girl is tormented by disturbing hallucinations and violent headaches. Like Theresa, the girl is a seer, but one whose powers will lead to madness and death. Theresa has seen the girl’s fate in a shocking vision. Refusing to accept what appears to be certain, Theresa resolves to find the mythical cure for second sight. But she needs help. Unfortunately, in a town where heroes are few and far between, Theresa is left with Elijah Stane, a drunken wretch up for one last great adventure. On a journey rife with peril, Fable’s™ most powerful seer discovers that altering fate is no easy task. And the choices Theresa must make will haunt her . . . perhaps to the grave.

Fable: Jack of Blades (January 1st 2012)

Finally, the people of Albion are safe. Jack of Blades, the supernatural terror, has been slayed . . . or at least, that’s what they’ve been told. But the residents of Oddwood know that Jack is alive and well. Leading a small force of mercenaries, Jack has enslaved the townsfolk and is enjoying a life of luxury—until an unassuming young man arrives on the scene, inadvertently thwarting Jack at every step. Living up to his merciless reputation, Jack of Blades decides upon a suitable punishment: throwing the newcomer into a cage with a flesh-eating Balverine. Little does Jack realize that he’s dealing with a wild card—and a shocking twist to the Fable™ saga.

Fable: Reaver (January 1st 2012)

Captain Dread has made a deal with the port cities: They pay him for protection, and he doesn’t raid them. It’s a neat and tidy arrangement, all agree, except for one man, Reaver, the daring outlaw blessed with eternal youth, who refuses to cede his hometown of Bloodstone. After Reaver sends back one too many heads in a duffel bag, Dread decides to take matters into his own hands. To his surprise, Reaver surrenders willingly. But Dread’s new prisoner is no coward. It’s all part of Reaver’s unbelievably bold—and bloody—plan, which ultimately pits pirate against pirate in an explosive showdown that will live forever in the legendary world of Fable™.