• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Crawler Consperiacy (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahindes

Reaction score
I never liked Theresa, not for any particular reason really, just don't like her. If she really does have something to do the Crawler, or the void or whatever, it wouldn't surprise me. Not that there is any proof that she is actually a bad guy or anything like that, just that she really seems to be a good guy either.

I don't like her manipulation, though I suppose you can interpret her behavior in a good light.

Reaction score
It would be amazing if JoB came back. But only on one condition, they need to use the voice from the first Fable, the cold, sinister and psychopathic voice. Not the cliché deep toned 'demon' voice from TLC. That voice was horrid.
let me just go ahead off topic and salute you on your avatar, classic

ScousaJ

ScousaJ
Reaction score
OK, personally I think that the Crawler is like the Commandants. They serve under one man and there is plenty of them. Yes, they're badass and harder that your average guy. However, they're not common nor rare. They can be created and destroyed by this one guy. They serve him. They merely enforce his will.

I think the Void has been there from the start and will be there till the end. In I it was there in the form of JoB... It wasn't really there in II (I don't think)... BUT III, The Crawler being from the void drove me crazy! I was like, "Oh yeah! New enemy." Then he said the void and I was like, "Damn! That's bitchin'!"

On Theresa... She is just... just.... Mysterious. I mean, what purpose does she serve, other than manipulating people? I, personally, think that Lionhead and PM have made II and III with IV and V in mind. I think they have made tiny references to each game. Those reference, I think, will become huge in the latter stages of IV and the early stages of V.

If IV can tie together I, II and III then that would be enough for me. Even if they go back to the Old Kingdom they should still be able to tie them all together or even reference them. Personally I would like the games to be unchronological in order. I think the chronological order should be : IV, I, II, III, V. That would be interesting. Like IV is before the events of I and V is like an extension of III.

Just my two pence.

Jamin

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a prequel and ya it would have to be 4 the last cant be the prequel that would just be kinda lame. but alot of goot theories and points.
personally i like the comment of it being like chess while JoB could come back i dont see it happening. just a piece of the game ya know like a bishop. which would make sense maybe theresa is one player like one said fate tied to the land of albion and theres another void member the king of blades. which is the opposing player the whole series could be one big chess game and it would make sense the first to make an appearence were the knight queen and jack(bishop imo) while jack likes to cheat death maybe he didn't die in the first maybe escaped back to the void. and is gonna make another appearence with the king. the crawler could be like a rook maybe? and all the minons are just pawns. theresa with all her wisdom maybe she was involved in lucien creating the spire but was supposed to be for her but he betrayed her (to bring back his wife and child) and so she got the heroes to defeat him maybe and maybe she told him that a hero would rise to defeat him for it (hence how he knew a hero would come) anyways she had the heroes defeat him and take the spire for her so that she could find or bring back william black ya know if he dead seeing as the hero of bowerstones sister sent a letter stating that is who she is with oddly after theresa gets the spire however it may just be that he never actually died. who knows. either way i think in future fables william black will be there as well as the mysterious leader of the void nobody has seen. ooo oo wait another theory theresa wanted the spire to bring back all the heroes when this force appears to stop them. hard to say theresa's interest in the spire. but im quite sure that is gonna tie the games together.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score
Theresa... Hmm. She didn't tell you about the Crawler until AFTER Walter was attacked by the Crawler; A precursor, and perhaps a necessity to the ending. I think Theresa orchestrated that, to get Walter, one of the biggest influences on the Hero, out of the way, and deal with the Crawler, at the same time. Cunning. She has the Spire, and now has one of the greatest threats to her power, the Crawler, that decimated one continent and threatened a second. 50 years of manipulation, and her power seems only to grow. Manipulative b**ch

ken2012

Reaction score
Remember what should be remembered, and forget what should be forgotten.Alter what is changeable, and accept what is mutable.

skill user123

Reaction score
Hey just found this thread and think i have found somthing intresting in fable 2 when lucen shoots you out of the window or if you go up in to the study when you own the casel the design on it is intresting it seems to depict a red robed hooded figure (jack of blades) rising up from what seems to be lava (in achons folly you throw his mask in there) reaching to a crown maybe this means that jack survived and what is left of him is the crawler or even he is coming back in fable 4 prehapse the crawler has come from the void to seek revenge on the oakvale heros desendant he says he has been waiting to invade and destroy albion for centreys (500 hundred yeas since the oakvale hero killed jack) or maybe i am reading to much into this LOL:D

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
Hey just found this thread and think i have found somthing intresting in fable 2 when lucen shoots you out of the window or if you go up in to the study when you own the casel the design on it is intresting it seems to depict a red robed hooded figure (jack of blades) rising up from what seems to be lava (in achons folly you throw his mask in there) reaching to a crown maybe this means that jack survived and what is left of him is the crawler or even he is coming back in fable 4 prehapse the crawler has come from the void to seek revenge on the oakvale heros desendant he says he has been waiting to invade and destroy albion for centreys (500 hundred yeas since the oakvale hero killed jack) or maybe i am reading to much into this LOL:D

The Red-Robed Figure is Theresa. Good theory nonetheless.

---

As for the Crawler, I think Lion Head will not do anything about him except 'mention' him in future games.

Think, in Fable I/TLC we had Jack. He never returned, he was only mentioned.

In Fable II we had Lucien, whom was shot and killed. He never returned, barely mentioned.

In Fable III, following the pattern, we have The Crawler. He's just another antagonist that Lion Head cooked up for the game, nothing 'big' in the whole of the franchise.

Believe it or not, gaming companies usually do not say "Let's make a game" and have EVERYTHING figured out. For example, in Fable I they probably had no idea they'd make it where The Crawler attacks Albion 550 years in the future. What they do is say "Let's make a game" then create a world and a backstory. Sure they may have an ending leading to the next game, but Lion Head doesn't do that with Fable (save the Fable II DLC "See the Future").

To put it simple, they made Fable I/TLC as if it was an independent game. Then, they made Fable II. Then, Fable III. They did not have anything planned since Fable I. All these conspiracies and theories in the video gaming world usually never come out as true.

That is just the way it is, and only a select few can understand and comprehend what I mean.

----

To put it short and simple:

Jack is Jack
Lucien is Lucien
The Crawler is The Crawler

No one was ever the other. This is the way video games usually end up, the fanbase making conspiracies which never come true.

I'd also like to mention The Crawler's dialogue. This is simple conspiracy, implementation and manipulation added by Lion Head. I guarantee Lion Head will NEVER mention a past relation between Theresa and The Crawler.

I am damn sure of it.

LeafySuburb

a l'espirit libre
Reaction score
The Red-Robed Figure is Theresa. Good theory nonetheless.
As for the Crawler, I think Lion Head will not do anything about him except 'mention' him in future games.
Think, in Fable I/TLC we had Jack. He never returned, he was only mentioned.
In Fable II we had Lucien, whom was shot and killed. He never returned, barely mentioned.
In Fable III, following the pattern, we have The Crawler. He's just another antagonist that Lion Head cooked up for the game, nothing 'big' in the whole of the franchise.
Believe it or not, gaming companies usually do not say "Let's make a game" and have EVERYTHING figured out. For example, in Fable I they probably had no idea they'd make it where The Crawler attacks Albion 550 years in the future. What they do is say "Let's make a game" then create a world and a backstory. Sure they may have an ending leading to the next game, but Lion Head doesn't do that with Fable (save the Fable II DLC "See the Future").
To put it simple, they made Fable I/TLC as if it was an independent game. Then, they made Fable II. Then, Fable III. They did not have anything planned since Fable I. All these conspiracies and theories in the video gaming world usually never come out as true.
That is just the way it is, and only a select few can understand and comprehend what I mean.To put it short and simple:
Jack is Jack
Lucien is Lucien
The Crawler is The Crawler
No one was ever the other. This is the way video games usually end up, the fanbase making conspiracies which never come true.
I'd also like to mention The Crawler's dialogue. This is simple conspiracy, implementation and manipulation added by Lion Head. I guarantee Lion Head will NEVER mention a past relation between Theresa and The Crawler.
I am damn sure of it.
There are statues of a similar kind all over Albion, specifically in dungeons and the Shadow Court building in Wraithmarsh. I think they have something to do with the void, maybe Jack of Blades but most likely just the void as a whole and other demons that may lurk there. You have to understand that demons wondered all over albion in the beginning of time and the Court (Not to be mistaken with the Shadow Court) were not the first beings to arrive in albion and for a long time people like Jack were commonplace. Rather than thinking about the void though, I'm very interested in the Shadow Court, they controlled the snow globe version of Oakvale in "See The Future" and are able to grant immortality to those in exchange for their soul? That seems pretty creepy, and if The Crawler and "The Darkness" has anything to do with Shadows and The Shadow Court, you'd have to suspect that maybe its they who are trying to destroy Albion, or have some other type of plans for its inhabitants.
-That was not Theresa, Lucien wouldnt have Theresa on his window....
-Maybe they wont have an ingame reference, but Lionhead has a habit of explaining things on their website
-See, "Tales of Albion"

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
There are statues of a similar kind all over Albion, specifically in dungeons and the Shadow Court building in Wraithmarsh. I think they have something to do with the void, maybe Jack of Blades but most likely just the void as a whole and other demons that may lurk there. You have to understand that demons wondered all over albion in the beginning of time and the Court (Not to be mistaken with the Shadow Court) were not the first beings to arrive in albion and for a long time people like Jack were commonplace. Rather than thinking about the void though, I'm very interested in the Shadow Court, they controlled the snow globe version of Oakvale in "See The Future" and are able to grant immortality to those in exchange for their soul? That seems pretty creepy, and if The Crawler and "The Darkness" has anything to do with Shadows and The Shadow Court, you'd have to suspect that maybe its they who are trying to destroy Albion, or have some other type of plans for its inhabitants.
-That was not Theresa, Lucien wouldnt have Theresa on his window....
-Maybe they wont have an ingame reference, but Lionhead has a habit of explaining things on their website
-See, "Tales of Albion"

Thank you, teaches a me a lot. Never realized this.

I'd like to add, the Shadow Court is very dark and seems to take over the land around itself with marsh and disease. Notice how The Crawler also uses Darkness to spread across the land. Very similar.

If the fact that the two are working together, then that means Reaver MAY have something to do with it hm? But if so, maybe he wouldn't make you fill your treasury with gold.

Hmph, oh well. Good day.

FiliusMartis

Reaction score
When I first played Fable III, I wondered if the Crawler was actually the Ultimate Shadow. Recall in Fable II there is a book titled The Temple of Shadows which explains that the original Shadow Worshipers all died during a ritual to summon this Ultimate Shadow "hundreds of years" before Cornelius Grim reunited the temple. Perhaps the construction of the Temple of Light drove it out of Albion. Then again, no matter what theory you use, its difficult to know why the Crawler was in Aurora. Or maybe I just liked thinking the books had a point.

Zciryle

Reaction score
Well
''Palgan is an old Will user from the Eastern Kingdom. Palgan had been meditating in the thin air close to the clouds, when he met Theresa. He offered to take her with him on returning to his homeland. One night, Theresa awoke to find him performing a ritual above her, in an attempt to steal her prophetic powers. She killed him and used the amulet that had transported him to the East. The land to the east could possibly be Samarkand.
Perhaps that ritual, or amulet, did something to her?
Or maybe she changed when living with him.
I do however, believe that Theresa has something to do with the evil.
Fable-2.jpg

That picture also gives me a feeling that she has something to do with the fate of everyone.
Yeah, I know this thread was intentionally about the crawler. But this has to be related, in some way.

LeafySuburb

a l'espirit libre
Reaction score
When I first played Fable III, I wondered if the Crawler was actually the Ultimate Shadow. Recall in Fable II there is a book titled The Temple of Shadows which explains that the original Shadow Worshipers all died during a ritual to summon this Ultimate Shadow "hundreds of years" before Cornelius Grim reunited the temple. Perhaps the construction of the Temple of Light drove it out of Albion. Then again, no matter what theory you use, its difficult to know why the Crawler was in Aurora. Or maybe I just liked thinking the books had a point.

-I think there will be a similar situation as there was with Mass Effect. The reapers aren't really reapers, they are above that and that's just a name the Protheans gave them so they could actually relate to their existence. The void is probably above the people of Albions comprehention, so they just called it the void and gave the various creatures that emerged out of it a name, like "Shadow" or "Queen of, Jack of, King of.." jack of... gross.. anyways

-That person also posted my favorite Fable II concept art! i honestly think they should have went in a darker direction. Like that photo suggests... Theresa looks way creepier and way more mystical in that photo than her in-game self.

-Lionhead uses just as many greek themes as they do english ones, in the Spire Theresa is a (fate), who sees the (thread) of all possible futures. The Archon was the ruler of Athens, the greeks are poor right now(Albion), but used to be the worlds most advanced civilization(The Old Kingdom), they built computers that ran on gears and water("machines that ran on will alone") so maybe we could look to some greek myths for a possible ending for the fable franchise, or maybe a Fable V plotline, i also just realized for the past 5 years i've been using IV for number 4 instead of number 5, and V for number 5... wow! pathetic me.. lol

-They also should have kept that fortune teller and scrapped the fate cards, seeing that they used the fortune teller in all concept art/trailers and the english commercial they released. the coolest commercial ever btw..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4NxaiJlWOg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG8_n9-oiBo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V3whA-FxM4&feature=related
Sorry, these are really off topic! just had to share.

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
I had a dream where I was some kind of hero from Fable and I somehow made it to the Void. It was empty, creepy and devoid of any light. It was a hellish nightmare.

Anyways, I manage to find a huge muscular dude wrapped up in black armor donning a heavy red coat. He sat on a throne of bones and mud while he twirled his white beard evilly and called himself the King of Blades. He said he was going to make sure I suffered for slaying his pet Crawler before summoning Cthulhu from a black ocean nearby.

All I had for a weapon was a wiffle ball bat, a straw with toilet paper to make spit balls, and a stupid Fushigi ball for 'Will attacks'.

I need to stop going to bed immediately after drinking.

JesterJoe

Explorer
Reaction score
Why do you think it's called 'The Crawler'? He doesn't even have legs does he?

no ,but that might be the point.i mean , he does float, but , if YOU didnt have legs ,or a wheelchair,you'd crawl everywhere.also in my opinion helooks like a crawler from resident evil.

JesterJoe

Explorer
Reaction score
I had a dream where I was some kind of hero from Fable and I somehow made it to the Void. It was empty, creepy and devoid of any light. It was a hellish nightmare.

Anyways, I manage to find a huge muscular dude wrapped up in black armor donning a heavy red coat. He sat on a throne of bones and mud while he twirled his white beard evilly and called himself the King of Blades. He said he was going to make sure I suffered for slaying his pet Crawler before summoning Cthulhu from a black ocean nearby.

All I had for a weapon was a wiffle ball bat, a straw with toilet paper to make spit balls, and a stupid Fushigi ball for 'Will attacks'.

I need to stop going to bed immediately after drinking.

i actually wish i had dreams like that.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
[quote="LeafySuburb, post: 464996 i also just realized for the past 5 years i've been using IV for number 4 instead of number 5, and V for number 5... wow! pathetic me.. lol.[/quote]
But... IV is 4, and V is 5... So, you were right. If I understand what you're saying.

LeafySuburb

a l'espirit libre
Reaction score
[quote="LeafySuburb, post: 464996 i also just realized for the past 5 years i've been using IV for number 4 instead of number 5, and V for number 5... wow! pathetic me.. lol.
But... IV is 4, and V is 5... So, you were right. If I understand what you're saying.[/quote]
Oh good! I've been referencing Fable IV all over the place, when i "found out" that i was using the wrong numerals it was a dark moment to be had :( Thanks! lol

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
But... IV is 4, and V is 5... So, you were right. If I understand what you're saying.
Oh good! I've been referencing Fable IV all over the place, when i "found out" that i was using the wrong numerals it was a dark moment to be had :( Thanks! lol[/quote]

The Roman Numeral concept isn't that hard. 1 = I. 2 = two times one, so II. Follwoed by III. However, you can't have more than three of the same symbols in a row, so the V was invented, meaning 5. the 4, inbetween the to, is a 1 before the 5, so IV.
Logically, this means that 6 is VI. Thus, you can continue to 7 and 8, writing VII and VIII. But again, we can't write VIIII. So we use the symbol for the 10: X. If you paid attention, you can see that 9 is IX. Let's continue to twenty, starting with eleven:
XI, XII, XIII, XIV, XV, XVI, XVII, XVIII, XIX, XX. Yes, twenty is two X's together (10+10). It's not too hard to grasp this concept, right? YOu just need to know the letters that are used, and their corresponding numbers. L for 50, C for 100, D for 500 and M f or 1000. MDXXIV means 1000+500+10+10+(5-1)=1524. The largest number you can write with this is using all the letters three times. I'm not completely sureif that's allowed, but since there's nothing greater than M, I think we are. So:
MMMDDDCCCLLLXXXVVVIII: 3(1000)+3(500)+3(100)+3(50)+3(10)+3(5)+3(1)=5003.

I hope this was clear, and that you learned something today. :p

Or I just thaught you stuff you already new, even though you thought you used IV and V wrong... Oh well. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.