• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Temples of Shadows & Light

J

Jaysonius

Re: Temples of Shadows & Light

i participated in no massacres, which is why i was kind of p.o'd. no defender of light quests showed up either and i'm already so far into my game and it has saved countless times since. Gay.

GMRauru

GOMLB
Reaction score

It showed up, you passed over it and went to the Spire without completing it. It disappears after you complete the Spire.

M

Mieko

Where can I find the temple of shadows?
Is it only available if playing the story with a bad character?

hobbes_pwn

Man's Best Friend...Hobbe
Reaction score

Mieko;259104 said:
Where can I find the temple of shadows?
Is it only available if playing the story with a bad character?

The temple of shadows is in rookridge, in the northern region. It disappears if you: Donate to the temple of light, buy the temple of light or complete the Defender of Light quest. And yes i war everyone do everysingle quest you want to before you go to the spire, it happened with me, with the Rookridge development. An i believe if you haven't seen it afer you complete The Hero of Strength quest then it disappears, but still visit to get a silver key and fight banshees

Jaysonius;258091 said:
i participated in no massacres, which is why i was kind of p.o'd. no defender of light quests showed up either and i'm already so far into my game and it has saved countless times since. Gay.

You need to sacrifice a certain amount of people before you can do this quest

G

geodude111

Rookridge, look around for a big bridge going across a dark valley and theres ruins of a chruch go to thats and theres a shadow worshipper stood there seeing if you'll join.

M

Mieko

The temple of shadows is in rookridge, in the northern region. It disappears if you: Donate to the temple of light, buy the temple of light or complete the Defender of Light quest. And yes i war everyone do everysingle quest you want to before you go to the spire, it happened with me, with the Rookridge development. An i believe if you haven't seen it afer you complete The Hero of Strength quest then it disappears, but still visit to get a silver key and fight banshees
Didn't...get it...clearly
Please explain a second time. If I not do the told things with the temple of light before the Spire trip (the 10 years) I can donate to the shadow temple and so on?

Zamurick

I bet $5 you'll read this
Reaction score

The Temple of Shadows does NOT disappear if you donate to the Temple of Light.

It is only destroyed if you do the "Defender of the Light" quest, otherwise the ToL is destroyed. Even if you do neither the "Oakfield Massacre" nor "Defender of the Light" quests, the ToL will be destroyed. The only way to keep the Temple of Light is to do the latter quest.

The two quests are only available after winning The Crucible and BEFORE going to the Spire. After returning from the Spire, the Temple of Light will be destroyed UNLESS you chose to defend it before leaving to the Spire.

In short, both temples will be there until you begin the first Spire quest.

J

Jaysonius

if you choose to take the "defender of the light" quest, are you forever disavowed from the temple of shadows or what's the deal with that?

Zamurick

I bet $5 you'll read this
Reaction score

It's destroyed; infested with hollow men.

D

Dingo Lust

Temple of Shadows is in Rookridge.

U

UndefinedSphere

Can i watch someone make 10 sacrifices to earnt the achievement ill pay, im that sick

S

sithis1988

leave oakfeild and take a right at the 1st split

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

You can get the maelstrom and the rising sun from the same character BEFORE the spire, and it doesn't affect anything. When the quests come, you can help either side.

J

Jon_tooth

Is it possible to do the Oakfield Massacre quest AND the Defender of Light quest, or is it a one or the other situation?

Thanks.

S

spiderborland

I would assume one would sort of destroy the other.

Now, something just happened that's a little frustrating.
I'm playing the game through for a second time, and I'm evil. I got to a point where the quests for Defend the Light and Oakfield Massacre popped up. I took some time off from the story to mess around, buy property, kill people, do jobs, etc. I have sacrificed at least 5 random people, and never donated to the ToL. Now, I gathered up 4 monks to head over to the ToS to sacrifice them... only to find the place infested. ((and couldnt sacrifice them))
What gives?
I didnt think the ToS got infested until after you did Defender of Light and after the Spire?
Heck, the Defender of the Light quest is STILL available.

This makes me sad, and I wonder if its just a bug/glitch?

T

The don

i bought the temple of light early on in the game but before i did this i went to the temple of shadows and there was no way of buying/joining the temple can anyone shed some light on my problem

O

Omega 2521

I've been reading this thread and I'm still confused, can I get the maelstrom and the rising sun, and then do defender of the light and end up having the temple of light still be there after the spire? Or does earning maelstrom automatically mean the temple of light will be destroyed? I want to get all the legendary weapons yet still keep the temple of light by the end of the game.

A

AFable2Fan

Omega 2521;283746 said:
I've been reading this thread and I'm still confused, can I get the maelstrom and the rising sun, and then do defender of the light and end up having the temple of light still be there after the spire? Or does earning maelstrom automatically mean the temple of light will be destroyed? I want to get all the legendary weapons yet still keep the temple of light by the end of the game.
Ok, you CAN get both weapons, first join the TOS, get the Maelstrom, donate to the TOL and get the Rising Sun. Do the Defender of the light quest BEFORE going to the Spire. So there, you've got both Legandaries and destoryed a great evil and saved a great good.:D