• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

SteamDeck

Do you own a SteamDeck

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want to see the poll results

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
My wife very kindly purchased a SteamDeck for me as a Christmas present, im curious to see how many members have one or maybe plan to get one in the future.

Currently playing Spiderman on mine and it blows my mind that a handheld can run a game like that as well as it does.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
I fear if I buy every console available and never sell my old ones, eventually I'll be able to build a new house.

Is it similar to the switch?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I fear if I buy every console available and never sell my old ones, eventually I'll be able to build a new house.

Is it similar to the switch?

It handles like a Switch (bigger and much more powerful), can add memory card to it just like the Switch however if you have a lot of games on Steam it allows you to play most of them on a handheld. It is also VERY customisable and even the creators have admitted to using emulation on it.

I did sell all of my consoles and although I do still own a Switch I very rarely use it, I solely game on PC these days but dont always have the time to sit on it for a duration of time so this had helped me fit in much more gaming lately.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Scott got one for his Xmas and he loves it. I'll need to bug him until he comes and talks about it here.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Scott got one for his Xmas and he loves it. I'll need to bug him until he comes and talks about it here.

Would love to hear his thoughts, get him to check his FB messages while he’s at it. :LOL:

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
It handles like a Switch (bigger and much more powerful), can add memory card to it just like the Switch however if you have a lot of games on Steam it allows you to play most of them on a handheld. It is also VERY customisable and even the creators have admitted to using emulation on it.

I did sell all of my consoles and although I do still own a Switch I very rarely use it, I solely game on PC these days but dont always have the time to sit on it for a duration of time so this had helped me fit in much more gaming lately.
How could you sell them. they belong in a museum !!! the museum being my house xD

also, something I'll have to look into. but my computer being all fancy. I think I'll play the steam games on it for a little while longer.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
How could you sell them. they belong in a museum !!! the museum being my house xD

also, something I'll have to look into. but my computer being all fancy. I think I'll play the steam games on it for a little while longer.

Was a tough decision but I hadn’t touched my Xbox One or PS4 in ages and tended to use Gamepass on PC more. Needed the money and got a decent amount for them so I decided to go for it.

I have a decent gaming rig but just a matter of getting the time to sit on it and play. Much easier to turn on the SteamDeck sometimes and play a few games and have the cloud sync link up to my PC to carry on with. Helped me play much more single player games and fit in gaming sessions far more frequently.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Was a tough decision but I hadn’t touched my Xbox One or PS4 in ages and tended to use Gamepass on PC more. Needed the money and got a decent amount for them so I decided to go for it.

I have a decent gaming rig but just a matter of getting the time to sit on it and play. Much easier to turn on the SteamDeck sometimes and play a few games and have the cloud sync link up to my PC to carry on with. Helped me play much more single player games and fit in gaming sessions far more frequently.
That's fair. :)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Since getting the SteamDeck its steered the games I have been playing in another direction. I have been looking at games that are perfect for handheld gaming and recently been playing games like Graveyard Keeper, Command & Conquer Remastered & SteamWorld Heist. Also been looking into purchasing games like Core Keeper & Cult of the Lamb and have purchased SteamWorld Dig 2 and Terraria.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I adore the Steam Deck so much and been loving it ever since Kath got it for me. I think the most mind boggling thing about it for me is that it shares a lot of the same system specs as my old rig before I upgraded, so it's been quite the trip being able to play games like Batman: Arkham Knight, Divinity Original Sin II, Skyrim modded, Cyberpunk 2077, WWE 2K22, and so on all in the palm of my hands. But then at the same time, it's like... of course it can run those.

It's when I chose to go further back and play the games that were never intended to be played nor envisioned in a portable format that the magic of this thing really started to click. Games like Fallout 3, Oblivion, Mirror's Edge, Yakuza series, Planescape Torment, Mass Effect Trilogy, The Sims 2 etc. that it's like ... holy ****, this is insane. Don't even get me started on the emulation side of it, playing stuff like WWF No Mercy, WWE Here Comes the Pain, the classic Tekken and Ridge Racer games and the litany of PS1, PS2, SNES, Genesis, and Dreamcast games on it has been pretty damn awesome. It's made me love games again in a way that I haven't in a really long time.

This is the other part of it that I love the most, the cloud save syncing and the quick resume feature when putting it to sleep. It's awesome to play something like Final Fantasy VII Remake on my rig, save, then pick up where I left off on the Deck and then if something calls for my attention I can just simply put system to sleep then easily resume later and not miss anything. :geek:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I adore the Steam Deck so much and been loving it ever since Kath got it for me. I think the most mind boggling thing about it for me is that it shares a lot of the same system specs as my old rig before I upgraded, so it's been quite the trip being able to play games like Batman: Arkham Knight, Divinity Original Sin II, Skyrim modded, Cyberpunk 2077, WWE 2K22, and so on all in the palm of my hands. But then at the same time, it's like... of course it can run those.

It's when I chose to go further back and play the games that were never intended to be played nor envisioned in a portable format that the magic of this thing really started to click. Games like Fallout 3, Oblivion, Mirror's Edge, Yakuza series, Planescape Torment, Mass Effect Trilogy, The Sims 2 etc. that it's like ... holy ****, this is insane. Don't even get me started on the emulation side of it, playing stuff like WWF No Mercy, WWE Here Comes the Pain, the classic Tekken and Ridge Racer games and the litany of PS1, PS2, SNES, Genesis, and Dreamcast games on it has been pretty damn awesome. It's made me love games again in a way that I haven't in a really long time.

This is the other part of it that I love the most, the cloud save syncing and the quick resume feature when putting it to sleep. It's awesome to play something like Final Fantasy VII Remake on my rig, save, then pick up where I left off on the Deck and then if something calls for my attention I can just simply put system to sleep then easily resume later and not miss anything. :geek:

I havent even properly delved into the catalogue of games that it can run that say 'Unsupported' still either. Cloud Save syncing is great and such a life saver when hopping between my main rig and the Steam Deck, being able to hop in and out at a moments notice is great and I have progressed on games that have sat in my library for years untouched.

Now if only Microsoft could get Game Pass natively working on it I would be in heaven as I still have to turn my PC on for those or repurchase the games I like on there on Steam instead.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Curious to see what games people have been enjoying on their SteamDeck (if they own one of course) always looking for new games to play on it.