• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Endnight Games have unveiled the sequel to their highly rated 2014 Survival game The Forest (97% Overwhelmingly Positive on Steam) called Sons of The Forest At The Game Awards 2019.

It seems based on the brief teaser trailer that they might be going for a more narrative approach this time around and seems we will get our hands on firearms this time.

SOURCE - POLYGON

The trailer starts with a first person helicopter ride and a protagonist checking their “fight demons” wrist tattoo. When the helicopter crashes, we see a shot of a dancing woman in a nude leotard — complete with a John Carpenter-like score.

In a brief gameplay shot, the protagonist carries an axe, and climbs through the forest with another soldier. Inside a cave, the heroes encounter a room filled with human-like monsters, crawling on the ground, missing their eyes.

The Forest is a survival horror game that tasks players with staying alive in a small forest filled with mutants. Players can build shelters and weapons to protect themselves against the forest’s monstrous inhabitants.

It’s unclear how similar Sons of the Forest will be to 2014’s The Forest. Endnight Games didn’t reveal when it will release Sons of the Forest, or what platforms it will appear on.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Endnight Games has set a new Sons of the Forest release date of May 20, 2022 for PC

*EDIT Game was delayed multiple times since this release date was given

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Less than 4 months after the release date reveal it seems that Endnight Games have delayed the upcoming 'The Forest' sequel Sons of the Forest to October 2022. The original date had been May 20th 2022 but they have claimed that this was 'overly ambitious' and they have moved the date by 5 months to enable them to deliver their vision of the next step in survival games.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Another post and another delay announcement for upcoming survival game Sons of the Forest, after the initial 5 month delay it seems there is going to be a further 4 month delay. The game will now launch (maybe) on Feb 23rd 2023.

While the multiple delays are unfortunate, it is a hangover for a lot of studios from the Pandemic and personally my bank balance will have a little time to recover for the year at least.​

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
As a huge fan of the survival genre I have had my eyes on Endnight Games Sons of the Forest since it was first announced back in 2019. Im really glad they took the tough decision to delay the game twice as it looks like it has benefited the overall development massively.

I was a little late to the game with The Forest and I do still need to get back into it but everything I have been hearing about this sequel makes it sound like it could truly revolutionise the survival genre. The sheer attention to detail in some of the systems is mindblowing.

Also I think it was a really good idea to include AI companions to lessen some of the busywork and resource grind. Usually I would be a little worried about a game of this type including an AI companion but the AI in The Forest was always excellent so I have no doubts they could pull it off.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Endnight Games have announced that the title will be hitting its February 23rd release date but to avoid any further delays (there have been 2) it will now launch as an early access title (much like The Forest) so they can tailor the game based on gamer feedback.

STATEMENT
Endnight Games]Hey Everyone,

It’s been a long journey since we first started ‘Sons of The Forest’ development and it’s grown into the biggest most complex game we have ever made. There is still so much more we want to add; items, new mechanics, gameplay balance and more. We didn’t want to delay again so have instead decided to involve the community in the continued development of this project and keep our February 23rd release date but instead release in Early Access.

‘The Forest’ turned out to be a massive success, due mostly to the awesome community and the suggestions, feedback, and bug reports the players shared with us. We are really excited and hope that players want to come on this new journey with us to make this the ultimate survival horror simulator.

The team at endnight

Personally im fine with this as it gives fans more chance to offer feedback, suggestions and improvements as they develop the game and shape its content going forward. Also it has an attractive price point which is better suited to an early access launch price. Hope they release some more footage and articles on the game soon too as we havent heard too much about it 2 weeks from launch.

SOURCE