• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Samarkand anyone?

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
I'm not at all interested in buying the Kinnect only abomination known as Fable:The Journey,
BUT
I am very interested in what people know about Samarkand and what the people of this forum expect to find there.

As far as I can remember, it is most likely located West of Albion and is expected to have a culture not so different from the middle-easter nations located along the Silk Road during the peak of the British Empire. So I expect, a massive centre of learning, new sciences, philosophy, medicine, "exotic substances" and massive trade.
What really peaks my curiosity is that is is the homeland of Garth. I just loved that guy. I hope that, like Reaver, he ha found a way to cheat death. Would be nice to hear from that sarcastic wizarding genius again ;|

Any ideas?

This is my Albion

Reaction score
They've had samarkand in one of the fable novels where the hero of brightwall meets Garth and he teaches the hero to use will without the gauntlets. With that being said i can't imagine lionhead featuring samarkand in the games :/

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
Apparently, it will be featured in The Journey.. I'm pretty sure i read that somewhere :')
Which book is this?! I have only read Balverine Order, but i have just ordered Edge Of The World :D
Samarkand, was at one point a center of world knowledge in our world's history, which should reflect in the world of Albion. Surely there is something worth showing us gamers? :/

Nobody seems to like this thread D:

This is my Albion

Reaction score
But you seem to be doing well with other threads you've created :)

I haven't heard anything about samarkand being featured. I always imagined it to be almost like Aurora but more prosperous and less ruins.

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
You know what.. I just remembered.. It's the new book Edge Of The World that is set in Samarkand.. Now, i feel very VERY stupid D: