• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ruling in Albion???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowfiend66

Reaction score
I know this is a commonly asked question, but I don't believe there is a thread about this. What will ruling Albion be like? Will it be like a Sim's game where you essentially play an all-seeing guy, or do you talk directly to the peasants to get their intake on things? I'm new so I don't really know to much about this stuff. I did, however search the forums and I couldn't find any threads like this. So comment on what you think ruling will be like. If anyone has any confirmed info, it'd be awesome if you posted it. Thanks!

Erika

Reaction score
questions:

1. can you make a law?
2. do people come to you and say whats wrong thin you do whatever (help or thrown out)

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
It will obviously not be a simulator thing, since Fable III is after all an RPG (or an Action RPG, if you prefer), but how the rule will actually work I don't think has been said much about yet. The game is released in little more than three weeks though.

All I believe PM or anyone--anyone official--has said so far is that the second half of the game will be about ruling Albion (and possibly war with Aurora?) and that you'll be able to choose how to respond to different requests with more gray-than-before actions, i.e., not simply "save" or "kill". Also, I think there will be some sort of touching system? (Sarcasm)

Erika

Reaction score
It will obviously not be a simulator thing, since Fable III is after all an RPG (or an Action RPG, if you prefer), but how the rule will actually work I don't think has been said much about yet. The game is released in little more than three weeks though.

All I believe PM or anyone--anyone official--has said so far is that the second half of the game will be about ruling Albion (and possibly war with Aurora?) and that you'll be able to choose how to respond to different requests with more gray-than-before actions, i.e., not simply "save" or "kill". Also, I think there will be some sort of touching system? (Sarcasm)

15 days ^_^
less than 2 weeks =D
october 26
its october 11

Shadowfiend66

Reaction score

I'm positive I heard PM say in a video that on the Road to Rule, there was a chest that you could open that would make it more like a simulator. I doubt it will go as far as the Sims, but I'm positive I heard him say this. I'll try to find a link.

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
Oh right. It's released on October 29 in Europe, but that's still only in 16 days ago... how did I come up with three weeks? o_o

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MROZoVSsu0

There I found it real quick. At about 58 seconds in he says "If you want Fable to be all about combat then open the red chest. If you want Fable to be all about simulation, open the green chest."

i think he was giving an example, like just laying down a situation for an example
like behind door number one two or three
get me?

Crazy_Mike1991

Sparrow
Reaction score
i heard that when you rule, people will occasionally come to you due to problems (such as a guard brining in someone accused of stealing) and you can choose from various options such as: forgive his crime, kill him, throw him in the dungeon, or even investigate this crime yourself before passing judgement. i saw this on youtube a long time ago, so the information may not be accurate as of now. but i do know that more than that will be added when you become king/queen

Reaction score
i heard that when you rule, people will occasionally come to you due to problems (such as a guard brining in someone accused of stealing) and you can choose from various options such as: forgive his crime, kill him, throw him in the dungeon, or even investigate this crime yourself before passing judgement. i saw this on youtube a long time ago, so the information may not be accurate as of now. but i do know that more than that will be added when you become king/queen

Don't worry your right, PM wants players to actually feel like a king or a queen,thus, giving them priveledges,powers and what not that a ruler owuld have.

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
Now that is cool! And it doesn't seem to be a permanent choice (like I go with combat, now a hobbe chopped my **** off and I will never get married and have children) so if I ever want to be bored for a minute, I can just choose the simulation chest (just kidding, I'm sure that will be fun too). I just hope it will be relevant to the plot or somehow be, well feasible...

I mean, when they're joking (like the description for "Hal's" equipment in Fable II, the Halo promo stuff) it's alright, because it's hilarious, but something like "here is a chest, if you open it, uhh... somehow, the way, um, life is... played out will differ. A lot" wouldn't be as much fun. I don't really think that's how it will be, but still. XD

Reaction score
Now that is cool! And it doesn't seem to be a permanent choice (like I go with combat, now a hobbe chopped my **** off and I will never get married and have children) so if I ever want to be bored for a minute, I can just choose the simulation chest (just kidding, I'm sure that will be fun too). I just hope it will be relevant to the plot or somehow be, well feasible...

I mean, when they're joking (like the description for "Hal's" equipment in Fable II, the Halo promo stuff) it's alright, because it's hilarious, but something like "here is a chest, if you open it, uhh... somehow, the way, um, life is... played out will differ. A lot" wouldn't be as much fun. I don't really think that's how it will be, but still. XD

As i said before i think it is a figure of speech like he was giving an example

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
As i said before i think it is a figure of speech like he was giving an example

Yeah I got that, but that doesn't mean it's not true. And we got to see the chests so we know it will most likely be used in the final game.

Reaction score
Yeah I got that, but that doesn't mean it's not true. And we got to see the chests so we know it will most likely be used in the final game.

Ya i kno. but why would they make chest that change the game like that, thats what im getting at.

Status
Not open for further replies.