• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Problem fishing

sewcial

Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems trying to fish in Fable Anniversary? I think I'm doing it right, but can never catch anything…several different spots (about 10-12) and many, many of tries. My DH and I both have tried it without any success. I am not able to complete some main story line quests due to this. If anyone has tips or details on the technique, I would appreciate it. I wonder if it is related to the A button bug in the program.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems trying to fish in Fable Anniversary? I think I'm doing it right, but can never catch anything…several different spots (about 10-12) and many, many of tries. My DH and I both have tried it without any success. I am not able to complete some main story line quests due to this. If anyone has tips or details on the technique, I would appreciate it. I wonder if it is related to the A button bug in the program.
For original control scheme.

1. Initiate Fishing.
2. Tap the A button furiously
3. The fish will reel away, don't tap when it is recoiling keep the bar Green.

sewcial

Reaction score
For original control scheme.

1. Initiate Fishing.
2. Tap the A button furiously
3. The fish will reel away, don't tap when it is recoiling keep the bar Green.

That is exactly what I was doing, but maybe gently, not furiously and was using the Fable II-III control scheme. The bar stays green, but it still loses it when the green reaches the very end and I think I've caught it. I'll try again with the original controller scheme setting.

THANK YOU! I switched the control scheme for the fishing and I caught it. So that's another bug in the game. It seems I can't fish on the new control scheme.

sewcial

Reaction score
I need to make an addendum to my post. After succeeding with the old controller setting, I realized the goal is not to progress the green bar across from left to right as most progress bars go. I was trying to make it reach the right side, thus failing at every attempt. The game tutorial was very vague on how to fish. Well, now I'm getting a feel for it, I am catching everything with either control setting.

Thanks again, Zarkes, for the eye opener on this.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I need to make an addendum to my post. After succeeding with the old controller setting, I realized the goal is not to progress the green bar across from left to right as most progress bars go. I was trying to make it reach the right side, thus failing at every attempt. The game tutorial was very vague on how to fish. Well, now I'm getting a feel for it, I am catching everything with either control setting.

Thanks again, Zarkes, for the eye opener on this.
I play this game alot so if you have any questions or you get stuck feel free to ask me.