• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Planting Acorns....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
Fable 2 allows players to plant an acorn in the ground and watch it grow into an oak tree during the course of the game. This feature was promised in Fable 1 (which was also Molyneuxed), but after literally receiving threats from fans over the exclusion of acorns in Fable 1, Lionhead made darn sure to include it in Fable 2.

....This sounds a lot like something he'd say, so I do not believe it. But in case I am missing something here... did he?

Or did he bypass it with the growing of the Oakfield Tree?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
It ended up being removed due to technical restraints. Quote from Games Radar said:

Alas, poor old Pete never managed to get his growing acorns in the game. We’ll cut him some slack, though. After all, he manned up to your own Dave Houghton in an interview last September and admitted he may have been over-egging the whole growth mechanic, saying: “It's so next time you see me, you don't say "You said that bastard oak tree and acorns would be in the game!" [laughs] Next time we meet, you're going to say "Why didn't you tell me about this?” We’ll just mark this failed promise down as a casualty of an overly ambitious, yet still aces games.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
Oh, no problems then.

Well, I have to rebeat Fable II, deleted my old files on it.

/facepalm

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
You could also take it as a metaphor. It's not, but you could.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
That's why I always wait for the game to come out first instead of getting my hopes up about the things he says are ganna be included. Even the trailers could be lying. I mean, the trailer for Fable, was NOTHING like the game. >.<

Autarch

Reaction score
Beating the dead Molyneux, perhaps? =p

Status
Not open for further replies.