• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

NewItemPackV2 Final Version

D

Dark_ness

Re: NewItemPackV2 Final Version

DarkenedSoul;299124 said:
That sounds like a corrupt texture to me.

I recommend V2.5. I know everything is alright with this mod, because i've used it. It's also all just in 1 fmp, making it simpler.

Everytime I load the mod pack, I get an error report telling me it's corrupt. :wacko:

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Dark_ness;299230 said:
Everytime I load the mod pack, I get an error report telling me it's corrupt. :wacko:
That's something i've never seen before.

Screenshot the error please?

D

Dark_ness

DarkenedSoul;299241 said:
That's something i've never seen before.

Screenshot the error please?

It's the same error in the previous post, so I'll just use his screen shot (and yes, I am using 2.5, and this is the error I got);

errorloadingfmpaf4.png

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Oh I hate that error...

Have you loaded any other mods before?

If so, they could be conflicting. Use it on a fresh unmodded file.

Sometimes you can get lucky and load the fmp repeatedly and it loads.

D

Dark_ness

DarkenedSoul;299249 said:
Oh I hate that error...

Have you loaded any other mods before?

If so, they could be conflicting. Use it on a fresh unmodded file.

Sometimes you can get lucky and load the fmp repeatedly and it loads.

I have V1, but then again, I had this problem with 1.fmp, and not any of the other .fmp's, then I had this problem with V2, before I downloaded V1. I think the only mod that could interfere with it would be the Balverine transformation mod (the fixed one by OldBoy).

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Dark_ness;299255 said:
I have V1, but then again, I had this problem with 1.fmp, and not any of the other .fmp's, then I had this problem with V2, before I downloaded V1. I think the only mod that could interfere with it would be the Balverine transformation mod (the fixed one by OldBoy).
Use it on a clean set of Fable files. I promise you, it will work.

D

Dark_ness

DarkenedSoul;299262 said:
Use it on a clean set of Fable files. I promise you, it will work.

I tried it on a set of clean files, still got the error report. This is B.S., I mean really, this isn't supposed to be this difficult.

D

Dark_ness

JohnDoe;299272 said:
Any difficulty involved is your own, for this task is not difficult.

Don't give the people who are trying to help you a hard time, it makes them want to shove sharp objects in one of your orifices. Really, no one has to do anything to help anyone, it's something we're doing as a kindness. Remember that.

All of my other mods worked, I'm not doing this on purpose, all I ask for is help. I have no idea why I'm getting these error reports, because all the other mods I downloaded from here work without problems. I'm not giving him a hard time, I'm just trying to figure out why the mod isn't working for me, I've done everything he's asked me to do, and still no luck. I'm not doing this on purpose, not at all, I'd actually like it to work, but it isn't, and it isn't my fault, because I tried it on a clean set of files, and still no luck. So if you would be kind enough as to help me figure out my problem, that would be nice, but from posts I read by you, you are not nice, and you will probably say "get used to it", but sometimes this isn't always easy. Considering I didn't do anything wrong to you, or anybody on these forums.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Dark_ness;299286 said:
All of my other mods worked, I'm not doing this on purpose, all I ask for is help. I have no idea why I'm getting these error reports, because all the other mods I downloaded from here work without problems. I'm not giving him a hard time, I'm just trying to figure out why the mod isn't working for me, I've done everything he's asked me to do, and still no luck. I'm not doing this on purpose, not at all, I'd actually like it to work, but it isn't, and it isn't my fault, because I tried it on a clean set of files, and still no luck. So if you would be kind enough as to help me figure out my problem, that would be nice, but from posts I read by you, you are not nice, and you will probably say "get used to it", but sometimes this isn't always easy. Considering I didn't do anything wrong to you, or anybody on these forums.
I can guarentee this works on FRESH UNMODDED FILES. If you want this to work, uninstall Fable, delete the Fable folder in your Program Files, and install, then install the mod. It works, I have tried it multiple times. I have also installed the Balverine mod after installing the item pack, and that worked.

OldBoy

Reaction score

Other people have had this error.
When you get it, never 'save and run fable' but exit out of FE and try again.
Repeat this process untill there's no error, and save.
Best way is on clean files, and use v2.5

If it doesn't work; I'm afraid we can't help you.
The source of this error is vague, and we can't solve it, unfortunately.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Yeah, thats why I hate that error.

Along with the Spatial error... Gosh, I hate it with a passion.

X

Xeon

From my expirience FE and general Fable 1 modding works a lot better on XP than Vista, freaking aids system.

So far FE has worked for me without any major errors on 4 XP machines and 1 Vista machine. Unfortunally I've tried two Vista machines where modding was impossible, I could install FE but as soon as I altered one file it corrupted my game :S

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Xeon;301788 said:
From my expirience FE and general Fable 1 modding works a lot better on XP than Vista, freaking aids system.
Oh yes, that goes without saying. But i'm on Vista, and I can still mod 100%. It's why normally people come to me for Vista modding advice, because i've done it all. You can still do everything on Vista, but some things work differently.

X

Xeon

Fingers crossed, I hope this laptop can run it, last time I did all the work on my old laptop and had to send it to my other computer for testing :S

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Specs of laptop?

kylewlackey

Reaction score

Old boy please help, this is my first time trying to mod, so i followed your read me for the NewItemPackV2_Trader and it all works in fable explorer, but when I go to actions> save mods and run fable i get an error saying

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you clock continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the application will close immediately.

Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\ Microsoft Games\Fable - the lost chapters\data\graphics\graphics.big' is denied"

I have windows vista. If I click continue it will keep saying it for each of the .big files. any idea???!?! thanks!

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Right click>Run as admin. Then try it again.

kylewlackey

Reaction score

That worked but now have another error :S haha "Windows cannot find 'Splash.exe' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

Sheesh what a pain, im a total noob haha.

kylewlackey

Reaction score

Got it now, I didnt have my iso mounted. :x super noob haha