• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Marital Property Bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tainteddonuts

Reaction score
Hey guys, most of the bugs I've found in Fable 2 have been worked around somehow, but I'm stuck on this one.

My girlfriend is playing through the game and she has a family living in Toby's old house in Bloodstone. Her husband is the Produce Vendor of Bloodstone and she has a daughter. So upon return to Bloodstone at one point she gifted her husband a ring, and the "You are now engaged" message appeared. We laughed at the bug and moved on. She went up and purchased the Bloodstone Mansion and set it as the marital home. The marriage cutscene didn't happen again, but now both the mansion and the other house are set as marital homes. She tried evicting the tenants from another house she owned in Bloodstone and setting that as her marital home, but it only changes it to that home from the mansion. The only solution we can think of might be divorcing the husband, but she'd rather not do that. Leaving it as is isn't that big a deal, since she can keep the budget the same, but it would be nice to be able to rent out the other home. Has anyone else had this happen to them, or are there any solutions anyone can think of?

tainteddonuts

Reaction score
She tried saving and then killing her husband, and it removes the mansion as the marital home, but not the other house, even though she now has no family. Seems like this might be irreparable.

Wallace

MeeKrob
Reaction score
She tried saving and then killing her husband, and it removes the mansion as the marital home, but not the other house, even though she now has no family. Seems like this might be irreparable.

I had the same problem on my first save profile. I married a whore and moved her into the homestead in oakfield. I made the mistake of giving her a ring as a present. What happens is the ring is strictly a means of engaging a person, it doesn't register it as a regular gift. So it engages your wife a second time and essentially makes a non-existent duplicate, via marital home.

It is unfortunately unrepairable. Suckish right? It ****ed me off enough to make a new character.

tainteddonuts

Reaction score
That blows. Oh well, I suppose all we've lost is the potential rent from that house. Thanks for clearing that up!

Status
Not open for further replies.