• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I really need help with Chamber of Fate!

• Thread starter Deleted member 20033
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20033

Hey fellows,
currently I'm playing Fable Anniversary on PC and I'm stuck at the first fight against Jack of Blades in Chamber of Fate.
Unfortunately, my only savegame is the Chamber of Fate and I don't have enough health potions and resurrection phials - but it's not possible to leave the Heroes' Guild to get more.
I tried to defeat Jack many, many times but I have no clue how to manage.
When he's up in the air, he sends Wardogs over Wardogs, and in between I have no chance to aim on him. I tried to run around and ignore the Wardogs, but it is impossible to shoot when they beat on me. Additionally, when I switch to crosshairs mode, it takes too much time to aim. When there is a short possibility to shoot, Jack is sending one attack after another which hit me before I can release the arrow. When I hit him, he receives no damage :-(
Even when I hide behind one of the stalagmites, his attacks reach me and I'm game over before I can defeat him.
I watched a video on YouTube where the player defeats Jack with 4 or 5 arrows before he sends Wardogs...
But in my game he always has kind of a red aura, which seems to be shield?
Can anyone give me some hints how to manage this?
I feel like my whole progress in the game is for nothing now :-(

Thanks and regards,
Chris

WMD_1945

Reaction score
I use the multiple arrows spell on jack of blades, with the master bow & arrow..

with regards to the wardogs I use the multiple strike spell with heavy two hand weapon.

Jack keeps sending war dogs but just defeat them first, after a while he stops sending them & gives you a glimmer of opportunity to shoot your arrows at him - - make sure you use mutliple arrows spell & I hope you have strong bow & arrow, otherwise it's gonna be a loooong night buddy

D

Deleted member 20033

Many thanks for your support!
Finally I got him :)
There's a spell which creates kind of a persistent electric flash...
I mainly used that to attack him continuously while running away from the Wardogs, combined with fireballs.
At the end I only had a very little rest of life and mana, but finally showed him who's the boss :-D

WMD_1945

Reaction score
Cool, definitely keep playing, the game's not finished after that stage. The story still continues and the best is still to come