• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How does ageing work?

SourPatch

Reaction score
How does ageing work, other than events that trigger an aging up? Would my character continue to age after beating the main story? Also, I have done the Brightwood Tower quest and donated to the temple of light to reverse aging, post game. If I were to become old again from just playing around with my character post game would I be able to continue make donations to the temple of light to reverse age continuously?

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
It's been a while, but ageing does stop once you've triggered the main events, as far as I can recall. I don't think you get old just by playing the game, but I would assume that if that did happen, you could utilise the bed and temple options. Wouldn't make sense if you couldn't...although someone may be able to shed more light on things.

I always opt for creating the ugliest looking character anyway, so I never really notice the ageing that much.

SourPatch

Reaction score
It's been a while, but ageing does stop once you've triggered the main events, as far as I can recall. I don't think you get old just by playing the game, but I would assume that if that did happen, you could utilise the bed and temple options. Wouldn't make sense if you couldn't...although someone may be able to shed more light on things.

I always opt for creating the ugliest looking character anyway, so I never really notice the ageing that much.
I appreciate your feedback. I ended up conducting a little experiment to see if I could find a more concrete answer. I left my game on overnight and I did indeed show signs of aging when I tuned back in the next day. It wasn't as severe as the impact of some events in the story, mostly just some wrinkles on the forehead and around the eyes. The hair was still blond. It's possible if I allowed enough time to lapse that my character would exhibit more signs of aging.

I next visited the Temple of Light for a sizeable donation (~10,001) and when I traveled to a new location all signs of aging were gone. This is also after acquiring the Rising Sun. I've repeated this, so I can confirm that you will age and you can reverse the aging as often as you want. I actually kind of like this feature, makes me feel like I have a constant age reversing ritual like Reaver.

Fable II Xbox 360

Reaction score
You can always dye your hair kilowatt white if I remember to make you look old? Also increase your skill to make you keep getting taller.