• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Help my dpad menu is completely gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

malibu35072

Help my dpad menu is completely gone

I just finished the quest where you sleep in the bed in brightwood tower, the game auto-saved, and quit.

Now my dpad menu is completely gone. It will not reappear after a reboot, or during any context situation in the game.

I've personally found the number of bugs in this game horribly unacceptable for a console title, and the fact the latest update cut my frame-rate in half was all the worse. Now apparently it broke my save game, and with the stupid auto-save system I cannot back track to a known-good save.

Please tell me I don't have to start over from the beginning. Tell me there is something I can do.

Sin

is God
Reaction score
Re: Help my dpad menu is completely gone

I have never heard of this. Another horrid glitch, i suppose. Im afraid to say you probably will need to restart.

L

Enforcer
Reaction score

Unfortunatly I have to agree with Sin. Unless it magically appears again which it most likely wont, you would have to start again. Sorry and try transfering stuff if that helps.

M

malibu35072

This rather sucks. Lionhead has a very well desgined game on their hands, but it sad to see it marred by terrible quality control.

So far every "patch" has been breaking the game more and more. There are no excuses for software errors on a console game. The software and hardware are both known quantities and not subject to unexpected changes.

I'm rather disappointed needless to say the errors have spoiled my experience of an otherwise good game.

Black Phoenix

Amatuer Buddhist (:
Reaction score

the dpad only appears when you family needs somthing, and a new job/quest is availabe isnt that right? shouldnt you just sleep for 7 days and it will re-appear? if not then not all is lost i never use my dpad atol, just manually use the spade and health potions

Caped Crusader

Reaction score
I ran into this same thing, after I slept in the regular bed (the one that gives you the bonuses) in Brightwood Tower. And reloading the save game didn't fix it, which is truly weird considering the save game was set from just before that, after I returned from sleeping in Garth's bed at the top of the tower. I went through Archon's Knot before I slept in the regular bed and it was there. Just after that I decided to reload because of something I goofed on, then I slept in the regular bed for the first time to get those bonuses and when I woke up it was gone, and no amount of reloading or rebooting appears to fix it. Apparently, everything is still available manually, but it looks like the D-Pad menu is gone for good. At first I thought it might be an update that Xbox loaded today, and then I saw this posting...

Caped Crusader

Reaction score
One thing that this bug will completely prevent:: Using the Apologize expression. Since it doesn't appear on the Expression wheel (it's listed as a Social expression, but doesn't appear on the Expression wheel anywhere), and only appears on the D-Pad when needed, the lack of a D-Pad menu will prevent you from using it at all. Also, any conversations that require D-Pad responses could be a problem, but I don't recall if there are any more in the game.

Caped Crusader

Reaction score
OK, I think I've found a fix. When I travel to either Bloodstone or Oakfield proper, it re-appears. Currently, the main quest is on Hero of Skill (although not set to Primary), and the Archaeologist quest is at Oakfield. There's no way to test without either of these conditions because I have to go there to move them off the list. But it appears that the D-Pad menu will re-appear at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.