• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable TLC Profile Problem Fix

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Fable TLC Profile Problem Fix

Thanks to eumesmo12e for researching this fix and posting about it. This solution is for anyone who has been having Fable TLC crash when they have tried to load a profile or at the menu. Only way they could get around it before is to keep deleting the profile over and over. However thanks to eumesmo12e we now have a solution.

eumesmo12e said:
Its a problem related to K-lite Codec Pack. To solve it:

1 - Uninstall K-lite Codec Pack
2 - Delete your profile.bin (my documents\my games\fable\saves\yourprofilename)
3 - Play normally

But, if you need K-lite Codec Pack installed, after the steps above, do this:

1 - Installed K-lite Codec Pack
2 - Using notepad, create a c:\fable.bat file with this in it:

@ echo off
cd "\Program files"
if exist "K-Lite Codec Pack" ren "K-Lite Codec Pack" "K-Lite Codec Pack.old"
"C:\Program files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\Fable.exe"
if exist "K-Lite Codec Pack.old" ren "K-Lite Codec Pack.old" "K-Lite Codec Pack"

3 - Create a shortcurt to c:\fable.bat and put it in your desktop. Delete the old shortcut to fable and just use this new one

Thats it.

Can Read More About It Here: Lionhead Community - TLC profile problem.

F

firemarshal

Re: Fable TLC Profile Problem Fix

I would like to ask for help fishing I cant get nastro sheld to coplelt the set Iam playing fable tlc/pc

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score

Do you have a fishing pole?

T

textyrael

Dark Drakan;160025 said:
Thanks to eumesmo12e for researching this fix and posting about it. This solution is for anyone who has been having Fable TLC crash when they have tried to load a profile or at the menu. Only way they could get around it before is to keep deleting the profile over and over. However thanks to eumesmo12e we now have a solution.

Can Read More About It Here: Lionhead Community - TLC profile problem.

i didn't understand any of that, what is k-lite codec?
how do i make a fable.bat file?
what new exe.?
can someone explain this so its easier to understand?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

textyrael;183220 said:
i didn't understand any of that, what is k-lite codec?
how do i make a fable.bat file?
what new exe.?
can someone explain this so its easier to understand?

The K-Lite Codec pack is the following:

K-Lite Codec Pack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Codec Guide: K-Lite Codec Pack and other useful stuff

If you have it installed then its best to Uninstall it then Uninstall Fable and then reinstall Fable without the Codec and see if it works.

Lionheads site suggests the following...

Not to use media codec packages like K-lite and instead of them download and install only the codecs you need directly from their developers.

eumesmo12e said he did the following.

eumesmo12e said:
Using notepad, I created this "c:\fable.bat":

@ echo off
cd "\Program files"
if exist "K-Lite Codec Pack" ren "K-Lite Codec Pack" "K-Lite Codec Pack.old"
"C:\Program files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\Fable.exe"
if exist "K-Lite Codec Pack.old" ren "K-Lite Codec Pack.old" "K-Lite Codec Pack"

Now, I just call this fable.bat and it renames k-lite folder and re-renames it after I get out of the game. I dont need uninstall and install nothing anymore and its fast! Problem "solved"!

X

xxXDETHXxx

Hey me is new. i am having a prob when ever i try on clicking on fable to play is says A problem occurred initializing DirectDraw. Hardware acceleration may be disabled, please run DXDIAG. PLEASE HELP.

B

Batman2K

Ladies and gentlemen,

I have been trying to playing this game for a few days now. And up until not even 3 minutes ago, I found out how to run it without sudden crashes.

Now some of you who has been all over the internet searching for a solution to the problem:
I found it.

The problem CAN be solved if you're experiencing the same things I had:
1. Running Fable TLC and going into Options mode and on exiting or cancelling, the game crashes.
2. The game won't go through "click left mouse button" and crashes.
3. Everytime you run a new session, the software advices you to run SAFE MODE.

Oh, and I could hardly blame it on K-lite. I never had it and was kinda ****ed off when I read that K-lite was the source of evil.

Well, now ladies and gentlemen, I finally found out how to fix the problem for good. Just follow these steps >

1. Go to START>CONTROL PANEL> (if in CLASSIC VIEW) Regional and Language options or (if CATEGORY VIEW) Date, Time, Language and Regional Options>Change the format of numbers, dates and times.
2. In the Regional Tab of the Regional and Language Options window, click "Customize..."
3. Upon appearance of a new window "Customize Regional Options" and on the Numbers Tab, change the "decimal symbol" to "." (dot) instead of "," (comma). The digits grouping symbol should be changed from "." to "," instead to avoid confusion for further computer usage - but is however optional (I believe).
4. Verify settings by clicking OK.
5. Delete your saved profile of Fable TLC (find it yourself dudes and gals)

If however, your decimal symbol is already a dot, then the problem will be a mistery to me. But this is how the problem fixed my issue.

Good luck folks, and man I'm happy. Oh btw, the 3 minutes has now turned to 10. I wanna start playin the damn game already. Hollar!

V

Vrork

Well, i am new here (with the account, alredy reading and using the mods from here), but yesterdey, i made my first weapon mod, and tried to play with it, the game run until the loading (from the save), he load 50%(near it) then crash, but dont give message of error or nothing. What i do?

My game is original!

O

Oli.r

There is a way of getting this game on to windows vista all you have to do is buy the cd. After that you insert fable 1 disk in to pc then you do not run auto play you extract the filles on to your pc in a folder then you label the folders you extraxt the files are in the cd then you extract with winRAR. You do the same action's for the other cd's REMMEMBER EXTRACT ONTO A SEPERATE FOLER BUT ALL IN ONE. Then you do auto play then you just wait listen toot the commands on the autoplay and then you have it. PLZ REPLY IF you didnt understand anything or like my method

Patrick Wilfong

Chicken Chaser
Reaction score
wow, i'm special XD i love The Lost Chapters more than any other RPG… but for most of the above posts when i read TLC, i was definitely reading it as Tender Loving Care, so a lot of the above posts sound HILARIOUS. Sorry, no substance from me… just humor XD