• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 4 Ideas

Zangash

Reaction score
No. There's no way you played Fable III if you're actually thinking about Fable IV.

I played Fable 3 and have beaten it several times, and I've been thinking about Fable 4 since I realized just how disappointing Fable 3 was. Point null.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
I played Fable 3 and have beaten it several times, and I've been thinking about Fable 4 since I realized just how disappointing Fable 3 was. Point null.

Actually, no. You kind of proved my point. Thanks buddy.

Reaction score
Truth be told. I wouldn't mind seeing a Fable set in between Fable 1 and 2, before the destruction of the Heroes guild. There are hundreds of years worth of unexplored history between the two games. Plus it would be a good piece of nostalgia for fans of the orginal game, providing of course Lionhead doesn't balls it up like I feel they have with Fable 3.

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
Truth be told, I wouldn't mind seeing a Fable set in between Fable 1 and 2 before the destruction of the Heroes guild. There are hundreds of years worth of unexplored history between the two games. Plus it would be a good piece of nostalgia for fans of the orginal game, providing of course Lionhead doesn't balls it up like I feel they have with Fable 3.
hmm, that would be a nice change to be the hero around the time when the hero guild was being revolted against by villagers.
since it would be quite emotional too see most of your guild/hero friends and family die towards the end.

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score
And I am offering you the chance to read it and then think about it. I mean, honestly... it's more clear than a diamond.

Except it isn't. In the future, formulate your arguments better; at the very least, be coherent, that way you can actually have a point to prove.

That aside, since Fable III was such a disappointment, I too have begun formulating my own personal idea of what Fable IV would be like if it were made. Some of my initial thoughts:
  • The game would take place in the Fable equivalent of the late 1880s. Albion is beginning to show signs of true recovery after Logan was removed from power; however, depending on Albion's state at the end of Fable III, this can be altered accordingly. Cars have been invented, though they are very Fable-esque and only slightly more efficient than horse-drawn carriages. Oh, those still exist in the same numbers as cars.
  • Flintlock weapons have been completely phased out. Instead, turret weapons and revolving weapons are the norm. Other firearm varieties, such as bolt-action rifles and shotguns, are also available to use. As for melee weapons, it's the standard fare: swords, hammers, and axes. There are also polearms because... well, polearms.
  • As opposed to the traditional leveling system seen in Fable and Fable II or the Road to Rule in Fable III, Fable IV would utilize a series of ethereal trainers, spirits of past heroes that will impart their knowledge to you when "the time is right." In order to utilize their services, you must make use of weapons and abilities related to that particular trainer's expertise. As expected, there are three different schools: Might, Skill, and Will. Unlike past Fable titles, there is no general experience, nor are there experience orbs. Instead, experience is given to you as you use your abilities, similar to Fable: TLC.
  • The Sanctuary from Fable III will return, although it works differently than it did back in Fable III. There are still different wings; an Armory, a Dressing Room, a Trophy Room, and a Storage Room. There is also a bedroom for you to use. As expected, the Armory and Dressing Rooms allow you to mix and match your various clothes and weapons, all of which can be saved as sets. The Trophy Room allows you to keep track of your wealth; you can transfer this wealth to your pocket or to your Treasury. The Trophy Room also allows you to view and collect your trophies. The Storage Room is where all of your miscellaneous items are stored. These items can be hotlinked to your D-Pad; the game will then choose the appropriate item for the current situation. The bedroom, well, allows you to sleep.
  • Unlike past games, Fable IV will be a more worldwide fare. Storywise, Albion is threatened by Gineas (Gin-A-Us), another nation influenced strongly by France and Germany. Although it initially seems like international tension, the situation becomes much more dire when Gineas unearths a great weapon of Old Kingdom origin. Gineas then uses this weapon to attack Albion directly, thus plunging the two nations into war. As Albion's monarch, it is up to you to gain allies and ensure your kingdom's future; all the while, Gineas is doing the same. The choices and allegiances you make will determine not only the outcome of this great war, but will ultimately decide Albion's roll in the world.
  • Although you are a monarch, there's no reason for you to sit on your throne day in and day out. Feel free to explore and adventure at your leisure. After all, a good king or queen will go out of his or her way to help the citizens of his or her kingdom. Albion is larger and more diverse than ever, and as you gain allies, you are free to venture to other lands and experience new cultures, complete new quests, and collect new things.
  • Since war is a major theme this time around, you will encounter numerous battlefields around Albion and the rest of the world. You can visit these battlefields and participate in the bloodshed, or direct your troops from the comfort of a war tent or your own throne. The choices you make on these battlefields will further alter Albion's destiny, as well as the fate of the world.
  • Albion is truly your kingdom. Some of the nifty things you can do as king or queen is change the uniforms of your armies, design and build weapons and machines of war, commission the construction of new buildings or even towns, and much, much more. Once again, the choices you make here will greatly affect the outcome of the game.
There is more, of course; anyone who knows me knows there is always more. However, this is all I am willing to post at the moment. I would like some comments and suggestions, though, so feel free to tear this apart.

Setari

Reaction score
Except it isn't. In the future, formulate your arguments better; at the very least, be coherent, that way you can actually have a point to prove.

That aside, since Fable III was such a disappointment, I too have begun formulating my own personal idea of what Fable IV would be like if it were made. Some of my initial thoughts:

There is more, of course; anyone who knows me knows there is always more. However, this is all I am willing to post at the moment. I would like some comments and suggestions, though, so feel free to tear this apart.

Your ideas sound awesome. I greatly support those and am interested in reading more! :geek: Sounds like almost an RTS/RPG, perhaps, with the controlling of armies (not necessarily an RTS, but you'd choose where to send your armies to hold back Ginaeus's forces?)? And you could choose which nations you wanted to be allies with, since Ginaeus is also getting allies, so you'd be blocked from picking certain allies at certain points, right?

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score
Your ideas sound awesome. I greatly support those and am interested in reading more! :geek: Sounds like almost an RTS/RPG, perhaps, with the controlling of armies (not necessarily an RTS, but you'd choose where to send your armies to hold back Ginaeus's forces?)? And you could choose which nations you wanted to be allies with, since Ginaeus is also getting allies, so you'd be blocked from picking certain allies at certain points, right?

Thanks for the comment, man. Much appreciated. :) Now, to answer your questions. In a way, the game can be seen as a RTS-RPG hybrid, though obviously there is a much greater emphasis on the RPG side of things. Control over the armies is mainly used as a way to open up new land in order to expand and/or defend land you already own. Obviously, you would also be allowed to attack Gineas or its allies or come to the defense of your own allies; the latter will improve your standing with them.

Also, since Gineas is also reaching out for allies, it and Albion are in competition to win over the other nations. Obviously, you can't have them all, and gaining the loyalty of one will harm your ability to ally with another and vice versa. Since each nation brings something new to the table, forging alliances will open up all sorts of unique possibilities you wouldn't be able to use in other cases. This forces the player to carefully weigh his options before choosing which nations to ally with.

Setari

Reaction score
Thanks for the comment, man. Much appreciated. :) Now, to answer your questions. In a way, the game can be seen as a RTS-RPG hybrid, though obviously there is a much greater emphasis on the RPG side of things. Control over the armies is mainly used as a way to open up new land in order to expand and/or defend land you already own. Obviously, you would also be allowed to attack Gineas or its allies or come to the defense of your own allies; the latter will improve your standing with them.

Also, since Gineas is also reaching out for allies, it and Albion are in competition to win over the other nations. Obviously, you can't have them all, and gaining the loyalty of one will harm your ability to ally with another and vice versa. Since each nation brings something new to the table, forging alliances will open up all sorts of unique possibilities you wouldn't be able to use in other cases. This forces the player to carefully weigh his options before choosing which nations to ally with.

Oh yeah, It'd be weird if there wasn't an emphasis on RPG-ness in Fable, lol. But yeah, that idea definitely sounds good, coming to the aid of your allies especially, and attacking Ginaeus/its allies. Though this may be too RTS-ish, but would certain territories have 'resources'? Takes resources to make an army, right? >.> Or you could just have to get large sums of gold= army. But this, your scenario, seems to differ from 'Fable' itself, as there doesn't seem to be a Heroes guild anymore in your scenario, etc etc or specific elements that really made Fable what it is? Seems like a large thing for the Fable series to lose IMO, but it still could definitely work if made right.

And yes, I figured allying with one nation would shut off others, otherwise I'd think it'd be a hectic race for territory.

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score
Oh yeah, It'd be weird if there wasn't an emphasis on RPG-ness in Fable, lol. But yeah, that idea definitely sounds good, coming to the aid of your allies especially, and attacking Ginaeus/its allies. Though this may be too RTS-ish, but would certain territories have 'resources'? Takes resources to make an army, right? >.> Or you could just have to get large sums of gold= army. But this, your scenario, seems to differ from 'Fable' itself, as there doesn't seem to be a Heroes guild anymore in your scenario, etc etc or specific elements that really made Fable what it is? Seems like a large thing for the Fable series to lose IMO, but it still could definitely work if made right.

And yes, I figured allying with one nation would shut off others, otherwise I'd think it'd be a hectic race for territory.

Hm, good points. I kind of like the resources idea, and I could easily see several consequences and benefits associated with whether or not you choose to strip the territory of them. Kind of a preserve the natural beauty at the expense of your army's life or strip the land bare and keep them alive. So many possibilities there. :D And of course, gold would be a large part of it. Can't maintain an army without the necessary funds, etc.

As for preserving the essence of Fable, it could be accomplished by reinjecting a few lost traditions. A new Guild of Heroes could easily be opened since Albion seems to have warmed up to them again, and of course, there would be a more sinister, otherworldly threat to the world aside from Gineas that would require a Hero to vanquish. Like I said, there are many ways to go with this relatively basic frame.

Setari

Reaction score
Hm, good points. I kind of like the resources idea, and I could easily see several consequences and benefits associated with whether or not you choose to strip the territory of them. Kind of a preserve the natural beauty at the expense of your army's life or strip the land bare and keep them alive. So many possibilities there. :D And of course, gold would be a large part of it. Can't maintain an army without the necessary funds, etc.

As for preserving the essence of Fable, it could be accomplished by reinjecting a few lost traditions. A new Guild of Heroes could easily be opened since Albion seems to have warmed up to them again, and of course, there would be a more sinister, otherworldly threat to the world aside from Gineas that would require a Hero to vanquish. Like I said, there are many ways to go with this relatively basic frame.

Humm, indeed, possibly lost Heroes (if they don't wrap up their stories in DLCs for III) could come back and help save Albion o.o? Or even if they do wrap them up they could help out, and I didn't even think about the whole 'other evil' thing, lol. And I'd have to imagine Ginaeus would also have itself some evil heroes.You are definitely right, I thought that was a complex frame when I read it, but it is definitely simple compared to what goes into these things. So many possibilities. I really like the 'strip the land bare or keep it pretty' idea, and I'd imagine you'd have to deal with villagers getting mad over that too, if they're living on top of particular resources, or around them. Lol, I just imagine a 'Save the Balverines' group being formed. xD

(Though I can't recall if Balverines are just regular people during the day =\ argh. But you get the idea, lol.)

bradio12

Reaction score
yeah old kingdom would be awesome or maybe like afew years after fable 3 and it continues on the story of the hero of fable 3 or it could take place in samarkand and you meet garth and stuff

Bluedrake

Reaction score
If they make Fable 4, I just hope the hero's power level goes back to what it was in Fable 1. Fable 3 was supposed to make you feel powerful, but I can't help but feel the Hero of Oakvale would wipe the floor with the Hero of Brightwall. I remember killing balverines with one blow in Fable 1. In Fable 3 though...

In fact, as far as gameplay goes, I really prefered the Fable 1 system. The menu was easy enough to use, you could select hotkeys yourself if you wanted to use several of the same item in a row and switching between magic and weapons was easy enough too.

Basically, I wish they would stop tinkering with the gameplay and focus on the story for a change. Also, why do they want us to care about NPCs if they're going to disappear by the end of the game? All three Fables are guilty of that.

Reaction score
Agreed, I also prefered the Fable 1 system. If they give a damn about their oldest fans they should bring back some of the old gameplay mechanics. Truth be told, everything about Fable 1 was better from the music, to the culture and lore of the game world. I miss things like the temple of Avo and the Arena. I wish they could make a game that felt closer to that without stagnating it.

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
I dont know about going much further in tech terms. Whilst albion might be industrial, its still only a part of Bowerstone. The problem with Fable 4 is that is kinda really dependant on how you end F3. I mean, if most of albion is killed.... thats a very very different place to albion with a flourishing population.

Still, I like the idea of taking Fable 4 to an age of exploration place. Maybe even shifting to an new continent. Then you could really take it back. The time of heros I think has somewhat come to an end on albion, at least in the way that its fun to play without totally changing what fable is.

Settling a new continent thought. There there could well be a need for a new league of heroes :D

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
parts of Fable: The Balverine Order make me think that there's going to be a huge revival of magic and heroes, these parts in particular:
"Myth and magic, it's like a volcano. And men and their inventions and technology and industry, it's like they been trying to shove corks in the top o' one of them volcanoes. Try to bottle up the forces inside. And ye can' do it. Ye can' because you know what happens, sooner or later?"
"It blows."
and in a conversation about why there aren't any heroes anymore
mabye they really were better than everyone else. And mabye people didn't realise it because the Heroes were so good at disposing of the creatures and races that lurk in the shadows that people stopped being afraid and eventually forgot what it was they were afraid of in the first place.

Reaction score
No. There's no way you played Fable III if you're actually thinking about Fable IV.
yeah I beat it, it rocked and just because 4 not coming out for a long time doesn't mean I can't think about it. Fable III was shorter than I expected and I want to think about more, andYou make no sence, at least to all of us you don't.

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
Think he means 'cuz Fable 3 was so ****e, he doesn't want to see a Fable 4. C'mon people. -.-
Though I could be wrong. Or maybe I'm missing the apparantly obvious point also and I'm an idiot.

Don't be so cryptic and harass people to try and make yourself look big, you douche.