• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 4 Ideas

Julian Fraser

Reaction score
Honestly, I think they should go back to the Old Kingdom. If the Old Kingdom was so advanced, what would be the problem with guns already having being invented. I want the game to probably be about you being William Black, or being a well known hero for trying to stop the guild destruction. Something. With every game, it seems like they're losing the touch that got me so eagerly hooked on. Most definitely bring back the Fable I system, but add on a few systems from the other games too. Dogs are a must, but who says they can't dwell deeper with horses? Bring back the way you look whether you're good or evil. The old leveling up system was far more nicer than simply opening a few chests. Maybe you could even be Nostro, founder of the guild. But I honestly don't want them to get too far into the future. They have to remember its main genre is a fantasy rpg with you making moral choices. I would post more, but I'm feeling a bit lazy. But tell me your thoughts on this.

Pikpik

The Divinity of Hope
Reaction score
I'd hate to play as a character well known through Fable history. It's no fun because when I'm put in certain roles, I like to act as the character did. I would like a character in those times that has not been mentioned in the Lore of Fable. Either as an evil warlord erased from the history books hoping that no one follow in your path just by reading the atrocities you did, or be a Beloved Paladin whose humbleness had him give credit to other famous characters through history. Either way, it wouldn't affect the history of Fable and I'd like to read a Fable book about the past and just grin knowing that my good hero did that or helped.

Julian Fraser

Reaction score
I'd hate to play as a character well known through Fable history. It's no fun because when I'm put in certain roles, I like to act as the character did. I would like a character in those times that has not been mentioned in the Lore of Fable. Either as an evil warlord erased from the history books hoping that no one follow in your path just by reading the atrocities you did, or be a Beloved Paladin whose humbleness had him give credit to other famous characters through history. Either way, it wouldn't affect the history of Fable and I'd like to read a Fable book about the past and just grin knowing that my good hero did that or helped.
True, but like I said, it doesn't have to be far back into the past, just keep it from getting too technological, and return it to its RPG stature.

Pikpik

The Divinity of Hope
Reaction score
Yeah... the RPG structure in this game was actually pretty disappointing. Barely anything worth exploring off the main path. I didn't get the usual sand box feeling most Fable's give you nor did I feel I really got to choose my path.

Arestia

Aerista
Reaction score
I recommend that Lionhead, Bethesda, and Team Silent work together. They all make great games and all would help the Fable series come along nicely. Team Silent had great atmosphere in Silent Hill 2, Bethesda is great with characters, scenery, and an open map, and Lionhead is the creator of Fable, and maybe they can get some REAL ideas and not listing to Peter. That would make a great Fable game. And also, MAKE A BETTER STORYLINE, like a longer one.

Bookwyrm12

Reaction score
I see how you feel Platus, but personally, I really don't think Fable would be suited to any of the WWs. It's too personal, too recent. Fable 3 was taking it a little far when it put the game in the industrial revolution. As you know, Fable is a fantasy, with its own timeline and its own story. They're slotting things into reality too much these days, that's partly why i prefer Fable 1 to the rest of them; it's its own game, not a reenactment of real life events. Do you really want Albion to turn out to just be England? It would take the fun out of it. Personally, I really don't want to be hearing 'that's so unrealistic, that never happened in WW1' coming from new people that are introduced to Fable by 4. As for city battles and melee weapons, the weapons sound reasonable enough, though there would be some serious continuity problems; in Fable 3 their rifles and pistols were extremely reliable and you would expect advancements several hundred years later, NOT the same guns as in WW1. Then there's the city battles; the ruined buildings and rubble and sand bags would provide great cover against enemy fire and make it extremely immersive, which would be a constant reminder of how great this game would be if it weren't Fable. The latest Fable games have a system of 'use magic to win' - the cover would not be needed, bombs would be useless when you can cast fireball at every enemy around you, and frankly Peter Molyneux would ruin Fable for ever if he attempted a project like this.

Auroras

Reaction score
I think that the Fable world isn't really limited by timeframes, rather, it is influenced by different historical events. Fable 1, to me, was a Medieval-inspired, leaning towards Reniassance, world, but with less religious authority. Fable 2 was a late Reniassance period, combined with elements of the Victorian era, and Fable 3 was the industrial revolution combined with the French revolution. That's just my opinion, anyhow.

Therefore, Fable 4 could be inspired by WW1, but wouldn't necessarily have to follow the exact timeline of it, or even have cars, etc. (i.e, French and industrial revolutions were a hundred years apart)

As far as the main character, I personally wouldn't want to be a ruler again. I liked the freedom that 1&2 offered-- I didn't feel tied down by responsibility, but was still powerful.

That's my two cents. -shrug-

Lion Heart

Reaction score
Maybe fable 4 should be closer to the 21 century. We have gotten to world war 1 with riffles maybe new inventions could be made. For children we a should be able to watch them grow make them dinner and get them new clothes and see them wear thoese new clothes. We should be able to play dolls with them or have a little sword fight. Learn to be a parent

Lexie Spichka

Reaction score
They should make Fable 4 still really close to the ages of the other fables... If it gets more into modern, it's not going to be the Fable we knew.. I'd rather them Put armour,weapons,bows back in the game- For Fable 4 & 5. Honestly Fable 1 was awesome cause you'd have all that great armour to choose from... they should add some more types of armour but keep it close to the same as the regular fable storys

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score
Still can hear the giggly fairies, in TLC. We also need more of a storyline. Remember the giant Trolls, you'd have to keep your distance or it would demolish the poor litttle hero. Stories of the old Kingdom, not modern war. Loved my crossbow. Used a lot more magic. :ermm: Think I will go play my TLC. :thumbsup:

r5v3n

Indifferent Member
Reaction score
Fable 3's a bit of a British history, isn't it? I mean look at Aurora: it is just like the colony of the British in India (and the statues in Aurora look a lot like the statues of Shiva). Anyway, I would like to see the past more than the future: I even got it in my head of an anachronistic setting: the Hero/Heroine being transported back to time by a software called A-soft (parody of Aesop, the fable maker of Ancient Greece) to rectify an error.

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score
Honestly, I think they should go back to the Old Kingdom. If the Old Kingdom was so advanced, what would be the problem with guns already having being invented. I want the game to probably be about you being William Black, or being a well known hero for trying to stop the guild destruction. Something. With every game, it seems like they're losing the touch that got me so eagerly hooked on. Most definitely bring back the Fable I system, but add on a few systems from the other games too. Dogs are a must, but who says they can't dwell deeper with horses? Bring back the way you look whether you're good or evil. The old leveling up system was far more nicer than simply opening a few chests. Maybe you could even be Nostro, founder of the guild. But I honestly don't want them to get too far into the future. They have to remember its main genre is a fantasy rpg with you making moral choices. I would post more, but I'm feeling a bit lazy. But tell me your thoughts on this.

Going back in time to the Old Kingdom sounds like a good idea on paper, but then again Fable is a game centered around player choice wherein said choices affect the outcome. The problem with going back to an established time is that we as players lose the freedom we are used to in a Fable game. We cannot make radical, game-changing decisions because in the Fable continuity these decisions have already been made.

If such a Fable game existed, it would merely be one giant retcon, which I'd rather not see. IMO, Lionhead is doing the right thing by moving forward in the timeline, and it would be rather pointless to break that trend and go backward.

Note: The poster acknowledges the existence of Fable: The Journey, and it will end up proving his point. Mark my words.

BWfreak

Reaction score
Anyway, yeah Theresa would make one bad-a** final boss. I mean she's had how many hundreds of years to see you coming to knock her off the spire. Trying to defeat an enemy like that sounds awesome to me.
Besides, its always seemed to me like she's been using us to achieve her own unknown goals.

This would be an awesome idea! She spent a long time living with bandits when she was younger in TLC so it would kind of make sense that she is at least a little corrupt. Maybe not full out evil but she has her own agenda and she has been using the heroes in Fable 2 and Fable 3 to achieve her goals. Fable 4 could have Theresa finally carrying out her plans for whatever it is she has been planning all this time.

Or maybe Theresa is too old and has just lost her mind and goes evil lol

seerneed

Reaction score
What if they started a storyline where the spire has just destroyed EVERYTHING, and the new hero is having DREAMS about the previous Fable storylines? Theresa could still be guiding the hero in his/her dreams, and Lionhead could create a new storyline without contradicting Fable's histories.

-More ages... i wanna see teens, children, infants, and elders walking around town
-take guns away... magic is already a good ranged combat, but bows were nice in Fable 1
-More characteristics for villagers (common, straight; rich, prude; poor, flirty) not enough difference
-More interactions with environment (sitting on chairs, burn marks from fireballs, etc.)
-Character creation (looks, different starting scenarios (tired of a family tragedy, followed by revenge), maybe even better pet selection or choice of no pet (I want a tiger or somethig exotic)
-Ability to start a town in an open field (would enhance environmental changes)
-I wanna see my choices have an effect on single villagers (giving a beggar 100,000 gold means the beggar buys a home, starts a family, maybe even becomes a hero)
-MORE WARDROBE CHOICES (tired of clunky clothes that makes female heroes look 2x their width)
-I want to see main characters from cutscenes walking around different towns (Where the hell were the heroes from Fable 2 when I was not with them?!)
-More weapon choices (double blades, staves, shields)
-Take away the house condition bull crap (or at least have an option to repair all at once)
-More quest scenarios (tired of saving kids from hobbes, the same kind of arena scenario, and sacrificing people scenarios can only be done so many times)
-For Godsake, make the villager quests MUCH LESS REPETITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-More emotional connection to family members (more like Rose from Fable 2, and Theresa from Fable 1)
-Less focus on becoming ruler of Albion, and more on the present time and location
-Don't introduce a new land and not make a STRONG connection in the game (Aurora didn't really blend with Albion; I would have loved to see Aurorans walking around Bowerstone)
-Make alignment more like Fable 1 (no more floating buttons on fire telling me it is an evil choice; make the moral gray areas a little bigger; life is not always black and white)
-more diversity in villagers (different clothing styles, hair colors/styles, more voice differences, more relationships between villagers(I want to know whose little girl is running through town), perhaps some villagers could have pets)
-More dye choices
-More hairstyles for Hero
-More house customization (I wana change the color of a room, or convert a room to a bedroom for a child on the way)
-Females should show pregnancy (villagers and Heroes; no baby just appears in a crib right after sex)
-WEATHER SYSTEM
-SEASONAL SYSTEM
-possibly add some caves in certain map areas
-I want to build a town from nearly nothing(maybe I come across a few stalls on my journey, so I decide to buy a few things, then the next time I come throug the area, more stalls, then homes, then stores, pretty soon a bustling town inhabits the area)
-Wider variety of clothing (different boot styles for women, more choices in pants for men, ands should be VERY different from eachother clothing wise)
-More evil missions
-No more "dark worshippers" (Fable 1 had that small temple to sacrifice villagers, Fable 2 had that cult to sacrifice villagers, Fable 3 had that temple that you had to lend the guy money to properly excavate the ruins to build a temple(probably to sacrifice villagers O_O)
-Make MORE body types for villagers(make some women buxoum, and others REALLY fat, and some men have a "V" shate and others could be fat and lazy)
-More story branches (I LOVE playing Fable series, but when I replay a game, It is SOOOOOOOOOO REPETITIVE!!!!!!!!)
-More furniture choices
-I want to get to know the Heroes family(Moleyneux OBVIOUSLY has some issues with his parents since the Hero's parent are either killed or dead before the start of the game)
-Maybe some kids that the hero grows up with either stay with the Hero throughout the game or end up being the bad guy down the line)

Let me know what everyone thinks. I know it is A LOT of information, but I have SSOOOOOOO many ideas (this was about 1/3 of my list >.<)

BWfreak

Reaction score
I like a lot of your ideas. The game can get very repetitive if you play it multiple times. I also agree that there should be more variety when it comes to things like villagers and clothing. I never like any of the clothing that they give you in the Fable games. I think it would be an awesome idea to have female heroes show pregnancy for at least like a few days or a week or something. They could also make it more of a challenge when a female hero is pregnant by making it so that she loses the baby if she gets knocked down too often while pregnant, or if she drinks.

r5v3n

Indifferent Member
Reaction score
Oh I would love to see more customization in F4! I was thinking of a M&B customization style where you really choose your Hero's look. And I would vote to add more pet (pet choices) in the next Fable game: you know, choices like dog, horse, sparrow. And they would also level up. Like, a sparrow can grow into an eagle (good morality) or a raven (evil morality) and a dog would level up as a golden retriever or something (as good morality) or a malevolent wolf (as evil morality)...

BWfreak

Reaction score
I like the idea of being able to choose a different pet and that pet being able to level up. But I kinda disagree with the animal changing species depending on your morality. I like the idea of a darker more wild looking animal of you are evil and a clean cut bright happy animal if you are good. But I would like it if your pet started off as a baby when you first find/get them and grows up as the story progresses or as you level up.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
i dont know if this has been said yet, or if this thread is on topic any more but....

a good idea for fable 4 IMO would be the fall of the guild that took place between F1 and 2.

Youre a hero freshly graduated from the guild and lets and your just getting started doing your heroic deeds and what not when the **** hit’s the fan, the normal people (muggles lol) start an uprising toward you and your beloved guild

BWfreak

Reaction score
i dont know if this has been said yet, or if this thread is on topic any more but....

a good idea for fable 4 IMO would be the fall of the guild that took place between F1 and 2.

Youre a hero freshly graduated from the guild and lets and your just getting started doing your heroic deeds and what not when the s*** hit’s the fan, the normal people (muggles lol) start an uprising toward you and your beloved guild

Really good idea! I have always wanted this. Me and a friend started working on a fanfic together after playing F1 and F2 that was about what happened between the two games, and how the guild fell and all that. I always kinda wished we had finished it and posted. Woulda been an epic story :D

socketlicker

Reaction score
two things in my opinoin that fable 4 must have, the sort of plate armour you got in fable 1 and the game must be made harder