• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 4 Ideas

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
I personally think we should stop with sequels and stuff the **** out of Fable III with awesome DLC.

Dense

Reaction score
If Fable 4 is in production, I think you should be the son of the king and born into royalty, but when you are just a baby you are taken away by a family. Then years later, old enough to venture you stumble upon the ruins of old and there you embrace a vision of your future. Making no sense of it now, you walk out from where you were and think nothing of it. A few days pass and you happen to be spending time in the local pub, then all of a sudden there a hooded cloaked figure stood before you. You have know idea who this could be, but then she speaks. - I would like something to happen like this in the game. I know it sounds vaguely similar to previous fable games and old movies, but it would be interesting if the story had a bit of a twist in it.

CuteKnight12

Reaction score
I Think The Hero Should Be Able To Turn Into A Balverine... OHHH YEAHHHHH!!!!!:cool:
Maybe More Evil?:devil:

CuteKnight12

Reaction score
If Fable 4 is in production, I think you should be the son of the king and born into royalty, but when you are just a baby you are taken away by a family. Then years later, old enough to venture you stumble upon the ruins of old and there you embrace a vision of your future. Making no sense of it now, you walk out from where you were and think nothing of it. A few days pass and you happen to be spending time in the local pub, then all of a sudden there a hooded cloaked figure stood before you. You have know idea who this could be, but then she speaks. - I would like something to happen like this in the game. I know it sounds vaguely similar to previous fable games and old movies, but it would be interesting if the story had a bit of a twist in it.
Maybe It Would Be Theresa &You Could Have Visions Of Your Past At Castle!

uk apocalypse

Reaction score
i think that you find out that theresa is evil and plotting to take over albion and you can go good and save the world or join her............also a great boss fight at the end like the one in fable

Phantom Blade

Reaction score
i though it was rumored she is indeed good but is corrupt in the alignment situation that is.

Moggers

Reaction score
i couldnt imagine fable 4 with lasers or cars, it would totally ruin the effect for me OFF fable. i prefer the simpleness of riding a horse and living in the old times. is that so much to ask for?

Bookwyrm12

Reaction score
Personally I think Fable 4 would be a good time to go into the old kingdom. I've already imagined a storyline myself that, to me at least, is completely canon; the player is a forgotten hero of the old kingdom (the one destroyed by the spire that has been referenced since Fable 1). Heroes in this game are a little more common (in Fable 1 none ever seemed to venture out of the guild, except for main characters who just stood around in set locations), and are vastly hated throughout the kingdom; remember, the spire was destroyed the old kingdom in a wish to make a new world, because the old one was corrupt. Other heroes would often be evil, and would attack the player, though as the player becomes more famous they would learn to fear him/her. To get around the problem of having to go back to just bows, the player would be friends with an inventor; in Fable 2 no one ever really says where guns come from, so I'm thinking that perhaps this inventor is the one who first made guns, and that his blueprints are among the ruins of the old kingdom, to be picked up by an oppertunist before the events of Fable 2.
For the storyline, I haven't really thought much on it, but basically the player was raised by another hero. This hero was evil, to escape the growing trend of the player constantly being raised by good people, and at some point the player would have to be given a very difficult choice; kill their own father/mother for their crimes (or perhaps, if the player is evil, so that they can be number one and not a sidekick), or let them live and run? I'm thinking that perhaps the player is betrayed by this parent in some sort of crime.
Now, for my big totally canon 'omg' game ending that in my opinion would be awesome to see; throughout the game, the spire is being constructed, and as the game nears an end and it's finished, the hero has to get up to the top and stop the game's antagonist from making their wish. After all of this, the player gets to make their own wish. Now, in Fable 2, they never said that there were a specific set of wishes; they just gave you the choices. So, the player would be given a rather more broad range of wishes than in Fable 2;
  • Wish for a new world. This would be the canon ending, with a cinematic that shows the world under a new name; Albion. There would be some sort of reference to the Hero of Oakvale at the end of the cinematic, and at the beginning it would show the old world being swept away. I've got a couple of ways around the issue of continued gameplay; either the player is said to have given him/herself a year or so to make the kingdom right (infinite time for the player of course, and as shown in the storyline of Fable 2, the player failed to make the kingdom a good place to live, but succeeded in making a new one.) The second idea is that the player was sent to his own world, identicle to the one he left but still not real, where he would dwell for eternity. This would open up Fable 5 ideas; perhaps the player in Fable 5 found a way into Fable 4 player's Albion? This would also allow for an epic co-op game; the second player would be able to choose files from Fable 4 as well as Fable 5, meaning that they would have an entirely different set of clothing, weapons, even spells, and this would greatly improve diversity. It'd also improve sales I think, since the game would be much more worth playing if you could import a Fable 4 character. That kind if difference would melt my eyes with its awesomeness, though of course the game would have to assume that the player chose to make a new world even if they didn't. If, by the way, the F4 player is evil, then it can be explained that the player simply wanted all the people who ever so much as looked at him/her wrong to die by their hand, and that was the purpose of their wish.
  • Wish for money. This one explains itself really.
There'd be other wishes, but I went to bed at 1am last night and I'm not thinking very well :p

Sorry I waffled on so much there by the way, I'm not particularly expecting anyone to read much of it, but personally I think it's a decent idea. Any thought, to anyone who may have actually read it?

Moggers

Reaction score
I cant stand the thought of fable in the future... if you just let us ride horses its fine by me

Bookwyrm12

Reaction score
I cant stand the thought of fable in the future... if you just let us ride horses its fine by me

Hehe same, Fable really wouldn't suit modern day or the future. Though I bet that if the Fable team did add horses, they'd make steering as awkward as possible so that it took the best part or a minute to turn 180 degrees, and they'd get rid of open spaces so that you had nowhere to ride them. The fable team seems to be doing stuff like that lately.

caladan

Reaction score
i think that you find out that theresa is evil and plotting to take over albion and you can go good and save the world or join her............also a great boss fight at the end like the one in fable
Dang.. I came up with this same idea, like, five minutes before I read your post.
Honestly..
All on my own..

Anyway, yeah Theresa would make one bad-a** final boss. I mean she's had how many hundreds of years to see you coming to knock her off the spire. Trying to defeat an enemy like that sounds awesome to me.
Besides, its always seemed to me like she's been using us to achieve her own unknown goals.

RawrSaidTheSock

Professional Reaverphile
Reaction score
Does anyone else think that Fable in the 21st century would be a BIT like Grand Theft Auto?? (if you were evil, of course).

King William

Reaction score
As a gaymer, I hope they combine the attractiveness of the men in two, with the interaction possibilites of three. ^_^

Platus

Reaction score
If you're going for an aesthetic, I see great opportunity with following something similar to the interwar period. You could begin with a WWI ersatz acting as a back story, and then lead first into a period of relative prosperity (though not too great, England was still economically in bad shape before the crash after all) followed (after the requisite time skip) of an economic depression. The tremendous ideological battles that took place in this period would be wonderful for the kind of story that this series likes to tell. There were strikes, rallies, demonstrations, and debates, all of which had the propensity to break out in violence. The player could pick a side and work their way to the top of the ladder. Instead of some omniscient morality code with a good/evil marker, the player could be measured by other standards. Authoritarian/Liberal or Xenophobic/Egalitarian would be good replacements, and would be more accurate descriptions of morality. Throw in an Oswald Mosely lookalike as a villain and you have a game!

Bookwyrm12

Reaction score
Authoritarian/Liberal or Xenophobic/Egalitarian would be good replacements, and would be more accurate descriptions of morality. Throw in an Oswald Mosely lookalike as a villain and you have a game!

Ah, but unfortunately the Fable team seems to prefer making the game for less intelligent audiences, shown by their removing the decent experience system because ''no one understood it'', making the latest Fables as cliché as possible, etc. I agree with changing the morality system, personally I'd love a few morally grey choices, (the ones Fable 3 failed to provide,) but perhaps a few more simple words would be better. Also it'd be nice if they were a bit less... cliché. Perhaps the player loves the light, but is evil? Or maybe the player likes stealth (something pretty much taken out in Fable 2) and loves darkness but is good?
Anyway, about the WW1 thing, I'm not so sure. A lot of people seem to be thinking of it, but consequently the vast majority of enemies would be using rifles, making gameplay a little complicated (ranged enemies are always a problem), plus too many comparisons would be made between the actual WW1 and the in-game one. It could start off quite a few racist comments. I like the idea of Albion being plunged into war, and perhaps the player being able to make peace with or conquer neighbouring countries, but personally I can't imagine Fable going that modern.

Platus

Reaction score
the vast majority of enemies would be using rifles, making gameplay a little complicated

Not necessarily. The trenches were very cramped and most guns were single action. Soldiers made good use of sabers, bayonets, trench spikes (which were like brass knuckles with a knife welded on), and the butts of their rifles. Also, there were several instances (especially on the Russian front) of the army not having enough ammunition or guns. Soldiers had to use melee weapons until they could scavenge supplies. Throw in a weapon degradation system (easily justified by the atrocious trench conditions) and it shouldn't be a problem to justify frequent use of melee weaponry. It just takes some creativity.

Balvorn

Imagineer
Reaction score
Not necessarily. The trenches were very cramped and most guns were single action.

But guns in 2 and 3 were very rarely single action. Why would the world try to down-grade their weaponary?

Platus

Reaction score
You do have a point, as the clockwork rifle would technically count as semi-automatic. However, the important part of my argument was that portable fully automatic guns (like the Thompson) weren't available until near the end of the war. You don't really see soldiers carrying automatic guns until the second world war.

If the PC is an English soldier, he'll probably have some permutation of the Enfield rifle, which is bolt action. The Germans used Mausers, which have a similar mechanism. They are long guns and have a slow firing rate, and trench warfare tends to involve up-close fighting (trenches aren't very spacious after all).Here's a wikipedia article that gives a more comprehensive outline of the kind of stuff that was available: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technology_during_World_War_I#Trench_warfare

In either case, simply giving every player a clockwork rile would be an accurate enough simulation as far as gameplay is concerned. I, personally, would prefer it if the game involved city battles between political groups. They wouldn't have enough money for top of the line gear, justifying old and mis-matched gear. They would also fight in city-battles, which would involve fighting over city blocks and defending barricaded streets. There would also be a lot of guerrilla warfare, which could be interesting. There is a lot of historical precedence for this, Ireland and Spain being the most obvious. What's important to remember is that Fable has never imitated specific historical events, but has instead taken the look and feel of specific periods. This aesthetic preference gives them a lot more freedom.