• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Everyone is gone.

Cavilz

Underrating is deadly.
Reaction score
Look, I know it's posted like 2 years ago (not by me though), but I will not start a new game. Never. I completed it 100% (all the silver keys, gold keys, gnomes, rare books, dessert flowers, side quests and the main story of course), and I also made the good choices and didn't break the promises. It took a very long time, especially the silver keys. I think you all understand I won't start a new game. I was planning to buy Traitor's Keep because I completed it 100% but there's something I want to be done first... Well, here is the problem (I guess you already know it):

Everyone is gone. I want a solution. Don't say that I need to start a new game, I wont. There was a glitch I remember when this first happened to me on another save file (sleeping 15 days and playing the lute song) but that won't help now, 2 people appear, but that's it. I also tried the marriage glitch but that didn't work either, I saw a lot of people at the marriage but they disappeared lately. I also got 6.500.000 gold in the treasury (after the darkness' attack, but still) and I slept like 50 days but nothing happened. I didn't have enough money before the attack but that's not my fault! There weren't any instructions about the fact that I need 6.500.000 gold before the darkness' attack and about HOW you make easy money because how the hell do you want to collect so much? Renting out properties and businesses, I know, but Fable 3 didn't gave any instructions about that. And by the way, I had 2.000.000 gold in the treasury, I saved the game and when the attack from the darkness was done I had 0 gold in the treasury. So even if I had 6.500.000 gold, the same would happen and then it was all done for nothing. Lionhead Studios, I love Fable 3, don't get me wrong. But this is really annoying me. Is there another glitch that can solve this? Or another solution? Send a reply please. Thank you (my English sucks a little bit).

Greetings, Bryan

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Did you just copy-paste the same post on a different forum? It's not because of lazyness that people start over. That's how the game mechanics work and there is no way unless you mod the game or the game save that it's going to change that. You have to start over or attempt to get around it by modding.

Cavilz

Underrating is deadly.
Reaction score
I don't know how to do that and its hacking, I don't really wanna hack a good game. And I won't start over, there is a solution for this, much people had the same and did the things I did, but for me it didn't work.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
I don't know how to do that and its hacking, I don't really wanna hack a good game. And I won't start over, there is a solution for this, much people had the same and did the things I did, but for me it didn't work.
OH, JOHN DOE. WHERE ARE YOU? WHERE ARE YOU MAN?! MY HEAD. OH GOD. NO.

Fablecheevo23

Reaction score
Did you have a lot of money in your treasury before the attack? If you chose good decisions and spent a lot of your treasury's money then a lot of your people will have died. How long have they been gone for? If they've only been gone a short while then they will return. It just means a lot of people died in the attack and they will come back sooner or later (I know this because it happened to me and I couldn't get in any shops because of it). However, if they have been missing for quite some time or you had enough money in your treasury to save a vast number of people then chance are it's a glitch with your game in which case you WILL have to restart. It's annoying but hey, if you've already done all those things then what's the problem? You'll have gotten the achievement for it.

Cavilz

Underrating is deadly.
Reaction score
Did you have a lot of money in your treasury before the attack? If you chose good decisions and spent a lot of your treasury's money then a lot of your people will have died. How long have they been gone for? If they've only been gone a short while then they will return. It just means a lot of people died in the attack and they will come back sooner or later (I know this because it happened to me and I couldn't get in any shops because of it). However, if they have been missing for quite some time or you had enough money in your treasury to save a vast number of people then chance are it's a glitch with your game in which case you WILL have to restart. It's annoying but hey, if you've already done all those things then what's the problem? You'll have gotten the achievement for it.
Yes, I got 2.000.000 gold in the treasury, exactly before the attack began but everyone died because when I came back to the castle after the attack, I had 0 gold in personal balance and 0 gold in the treasury, so the same would happen when I have 6.500.000 gold. I can start a new game, but I won't take that risk. The people are gone for 2 days now (in-real days). And I got the achievements for all those things but it gives me a better feeling when I complete everything in the game and that would take a long time again. Is 2 in-real days a lot, or can they turn back a day or more later? Thank you.

Fablecheevo23

Reaction score
Hmm. They shouldn't have died. If you had enough money in your treasury before the attack then that money should have been used to save your villagers. It makes sense for the money to be gone afterwards because the money was spent on saving them. So it seems like it must be some sort of glitch, because otherwise all your villagers would have been saved.

I too like having a complete game, my game hasn't glitched at all (I'm one of the lucky ones it would seem). But I needed to create a girl character from scratch just to unlock one achievement. I don't think of it as a proper game. I think of that one as a spare used for helping me with things. Maybe you could create a new game and just think of it is as a spare? If you start a new game your old game will still be there. It doesn't get replaced.

However if you don't want to start a new game then you might just have to play the game without people, or try contacting LionHead to report the glitch and see if they can recommend anything to you.

Cavilz

Underrating is deadly.
Reaction score
Hmm, I'm gonna try to report it, and maybe I will start a new game in a few days. Do you know a glitch or something to bring the people back?

Fablecheevo23

Reaction score
I don't know of any glitches. I wouldn't recommend glitching either, it might wreck your game more. If there's anything else I can help with don't hesitate to ask.

Cavilz

Underrating is deadly.
Reaction score
Thanks man. I will wait a few days more to see what will happen.

Fablecheevo23

Reaction score
Any chance you could help me with the mortar mini game? I need a co-op player to help me get 2000 points on it to unlock the achievement.

Cavilz

Underrating is deadly.
Reaction score
Sure. Do you got Xbox 360, PS3, Wii or PC? I can help you if you got an Xbox 360, my gamertag is Cavilz

Fablecheevo23

Reaction score
I have xbox 360. My GT is PlaidFrosty, I'll add you and then invite you to my game.

Cavilz

Underrating is deadly.
Reaction score
3 days gone and still no people... I think they're not coming back now. I'll start a new game, but still keep this one too.

LilBud710

Hood
Reaction score
Meh worth replaying to me, I'm gonna try like 8 million gold lol