• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Escape%20from%20Tarkov_logo.png

Escape From Tarkov is a hardcore story-driven MMO that combines FPS/TPS with RPG elements. It's being developed by Battlestate Games in Russia which contains some team members who helped create Mass Effect/Metro & S.T.A.L.K.E.R & is being built on the Unity 5 engine. It's currently in extended Alpha & should soon be heading to Beta.

It's based in an alternate universe around our present time, in the fictional Russian city of Tarkov, the northern industrial and financial center of the country, and its suburbs. The game events, in turn, set background for the Russia 2028 universe. Full link here.

Players have 1 life (if you die other players can take your stuff) to clear the session with all your acquired items & loot & find the exit.

FAQ's are on the Reddit

SCREENSHOTS

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
I'm all for gloomy survival shooters, but the first I saw this game I thought it looked kinda bad. I don't know, something about the visuals feels so dated.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I'm all for gloomy survival shooters, but the first I saw this game I thought it looked kinda bad. I don't know, something about the visuals feels so dated.

It's been in development for years (most screens & videos are older footage) & its built on a free engine. I thought it looked superb with the tools they were using & this is alpha footage.

Some of the attention to detail (article from Feb 2016) I thought was impressive, gun modifications & ability to blind fire over cover (which is often absent from FPS games). Lighting is decent & some destruction & bullet penetration through objects that most AAA games avoid on expensive engines. Plus it's mainly online based MMO style game & not a single player story game so visuals will reflect that of course.