• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Enter Redecoration Mode Glitch: Default Furniture

Fable II Xbox 360

Reaction score
I keep ugrading the stove, sink(s) and drawer(s) to luxury, but they keep defaulting to the original furniture. So long as I don't leave the current map or save, the furniture will stay upgraded. I have however noticed that so long as you don't upgrade past average on those pieces, then will they not default, thereby going from broke/worn to average. I'm wondering if this has to due with a set rent price for each household? Could it be that the game has to register a consecutive furniture upgrade without skipping (e.g. going from broke to luxury)? The only thing I can due is carry those luxury pieces and redecorate so that I can sleep in the bed and get max benefit, followed by placing the default back before journeying on. Could this also be due to being in a certain stage in the overall game story line? What about a currency limitation the Hero can have? Either way, this is not a game breaker, however if someone's 'cracked the code' on this, I'll eagerly be waiting for a response. Til then, Fable on like Donkey Kong!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Interesting observation that I havent actually heard about before but im eager to know the answer to myself.

Fable II Xbox 360

Reaction score
Test to date: I have not completed the first hero quest yet. Currently upgrading in Bowerstone Slums. [Completed possible upgrades]. I am staying away from purchasing housing (except for Miracle Manor for the health regen) in Bowerstone Market for now and still can get luxury furniture (4 star currently). This is a test to see when luxury items stop being sold in Bowerstone. I assume once you complete first hero quest in order to main quest on to Bloodstone the luxury sales cease until finding the next furniture seller there? I will push to purchase stores/stalls first, check for luxury, then buy the homes next or journey and buy Bowerstone houses at the end of the game...dunno? I am however stocking up on luxury for Oakfield, and the Brightwood farm, if any of these exist when choosing the evil path for both as I have already completed the game with a good aligned character.