• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Billy in Mercenary Custom Quest is stuck in the Water

Fable II Xbox 360

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to fix this on Xbox 360? I seemed to have hand carried Billy into the water as I was trying to cut across in front of the Mercenary camp in order to avoid the Bandit trail. The option to hold his hand is broken as a start to swim in the water. I've tried hand carrying other villagers to his spot and leaving them there in hopes of pushing Billy deeper in the water to cross or drown. I can't even try to kill him when making myself aggro to friendlies? I can't even lead the Balverine to him so they can kill him.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
No way to reload the save or leave the area and come back to see if his position is reset?

Fable II Xbox 360

Reaction score
As far as reload, there are many save points that auto-save, thus taking away that option. Most of the time I just go do other things in-game to come back and see any unglitching changes...nope!

The other thing I noticed with Fable III (unlike Fable II) you can only have one save character on one save device. I liked how Fable II gave you 6 different character saves on one save device. Unless I've missed this option on the Fable III game menu, I'd have to give the game a thumbs down for that. Although I can not go back and change with more than one character in Fable III, if that multiple character option existed, I could play 2 characters alternating between? This would have given me the option to either stay with the quest as incomplete on the first character or play the other character with no water glitch and keep going from there.

I currently have the console HD internal and a USB external so it is possible to have 2 games to play, however, I just banked on continuing the game. Maybe partitioning and external HD, I'd be able to have multiple characters, but that seems more work down the road. Worse case, I'll replay the game upon completion with a different character style and make sure to not repeat that glitch.

UPDATE: I found that you can save up to 6 characters per drive.

Last edited:

Fable II Xbox 360

Reaction score
Restarted another character. If only one could not have to have a melee or firearm weapon in inventory in order to play different types of characters (e.g. mage) Why did they also do away with summoning creatures as a magic gauntlet vs. a summoning creature potion? This spell in F2 is not O.P.! Just change the AI's into attacking the PC regardless of summoned helpers, hopefully for F4.

Fable II Xbox 360

Reaction score
Some of the pains of Fable III (F3) that I will keep adding to here for anybody that doesn't care and will hopefully be resolved in Fable IV (F4) (Note: some of these might be resolved with online play that I don't do):

Chat - This function wastes time and does not give any Guild seal points. Delete or add points to the action.

Mercenary Custom water glitch - As noted above there is no current fix however in order to not replicate in F3, give the NPCs that are mission oriented also the ability to walk towards and pet your dog. I've found that NPCs stuck beyond the load screen lines will come back to pet your dog, thus re-enabling your contact with NPCs.

Clothing system - Bring back all clothing items from Fable II to F3 and F4. Build onto the game and don't take away. It always nice to bring back old fads. If the townsfolk wear it, so sould the player.

Single Player (SP) vs. Multi Player (MP) - MP items should not function for SP as some people don't like to play online.

Price of Game: A one time game price should account for all DLCs and online extras. The more people that buy the particular game, the more content that will be made for the game. NO microtransactions! NO ultimate edition nonsense!

Dog Finding - The dog gets stuck in the environment thus affecting your dig sites. Rather than the Hero activating dig sites, let the dog activate dig sites instead to avoid stuck dog mode.

Potions - As stated in above traffic, bring back Summon creature and Slow time as gauntlets and not potions

Sustenance items - Remove the 1 food/drink like item at a time and usable only in combat feature. In F3, this was a better option (minus the constant shifting in the drop down menu).

Trolls - What happened to the Trolls???

Weapons - Bring back the axe and cleaver. More variety is sooo much better.

Glowing trail - Still quirky and takes time to re-establish new direction. Maybe use the dog instead to lead like in Quest item leading?

Dyes - Why is their no black dye???

Dog - Please make multiple types of dog to choose from. You can even make a certain dog better at certain things rather than reading books (e.g. beagle to sniff dig sites, chihuahua to hear enemy, rottweiler to fight enemy, etc...) Maybe add different types of pets? In offline MP they are both the same and confuse players on which dog belongs to who?

Homes - Please make broken windows repairable when repairing or don't let them break at all. What a pain this was for an Obsessive Compulsive person in playing F3.

Homes - Enable doors to be locked by player when owning a home. That'll keep pestering townsfolk from looking for attention while Player Character (PC) is in a current zone. They can be released after the map is rebooted upon re-entry.

Tradeable items - Why do I need to carry two+ of certain items in order to trade? If I am willing to trade my last item, then I don't need it. Doesn't make sense if I can sell it, but not trade it?

STDs - What's the point of having them if they don't affect the Hero (e.g. degeneration, decrease speed, etc...?

Hero character - Why only one hue knowing that townsfolk are different hues of skin color. That needs to be rectified knowing the status of the real world today.

Furniture - The glitch of upgraded furniture returning back to default still occurs from F2 and now F3. Also replaced items no longer produce items when searched?

Item searches - Need certain dig sites or water dives to respawn so that these features can continue after defeating the darkness.

Offline MP - rather than restrict both players to a centric circle, auto split screen when wandering around in the same zone?

Screen Scenes - Enable more screen skipping in order to move gameplay along when going on 2nd, 3rd, etc... playthroughs.

Spouse attire - should be changeable as they upgrade/downgrade to current house standard. Whoever heard of a Peasant spouse living in a castle with drab attire?

NPC Naming - Reinstate change naming system for NPCs. I can't find my Boo Boo in Fable III.

Child skin tone - Although this is a glitch in the game or my spouse is cheating needs to be deliberate in code as this would support STDs ingame.

Inventory items - Items should be tradeable regardless of one of a kind items or last item in inventory.

More to follow...

Last edited: