• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
It's been a long time coming but finally Microsoft have confirmed that AoEIV is happening and it will be developed by Relic (Company of Heroes & Dawn of War).

No word yet on release date, but it's great for RTS fans (like myself) to know it's coming. Microsoft has several other projects in the works within the franchise that will please long time fans too.

Age of Empires: Definitive Edition is a remaster of the first title in the series, and it's coming very soon. You'll be able to play the overhauled version on October 19, exactly 20 years after the original release. In addition, Microsoft announced today that it's also working on definitive editions of both Age of Empires II and III.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Age of Empires 4 releases 28th October 2021

New gameplay trailer that came with the announcement during Xbox's E3 conference also its coming to Game Pass.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Finally a game I have been looking forward to for so long actually lives up to expectations. Managed to put a couple of hours into this on release day and I have been very impressed. It doesnt reinvent the wheel and plays it a little safer than they could have but its a fantastic way to reintroduce the franchise into the modern age (alongside AoE II Definitive Edition). Whoever managed to get this onto GamePass on Day 1 deserves some credit and glad to see its been selling really well on Steam and broken series records even without the Game Pass figures being factored in.