• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable Community Forums

Purple Nurple
Purple Nurple
not seen it yet but i trust your taste in tv shows so ill give it a watch. whats it about?
cheezMcNASTY
cheezMcNASTY
When they tried to outlaw alcohol of the 1920's in the US. If you know anything about US history you know it was an epic fail and gave rise to organized crime. Steve Buscemi stars as the corrupt politician running Atlantic City, NJ.

It starts a little slow but kicks some major ass. Not as much ass as Breaking Bad yet, but I'd pay HBO to have access to it if I didn't know other avenues.
cheezMcNASTY
cheezMcNASTY
I know you were born on US soil, I just don't know how much of the US is considered common knowledge over there. Just in case you didn't know, Atlantic City is essentially the Las Vegas of the east coast, just with tons more crime and douchebags everywhere because it's in New Jersey.
Purple Nurple
Purple Nurple
That sounds cool, I did prohibition in school and it reminds me of Bugsy Malone, that **** was ace. Breaking Bad is another one I still haven't seen either, everyone on /b/ raves about it though SO IT MUST BE GOOD. I recently finished watching Californication and it was ****ing killer.
Purple Nurple
Purple Nurple
I was born in UK but moved to Maine when I was 6 lived there for three years so I know a little about the history but mostly its just slight knowledge of colonial times and what I've seen from US tv/movies.
I'm thinking about going back to the states this summer for a visit but don't know where to go cause I don't have much money
cheezMcNASTY
cheezMcNASTY
Well, that rules out most anywhere awesome and/or touristy. If you come here I can hook you up with the best bud in town. =]
cheezMcNASTY
cheezMcNASTY
So long as my man doesn't move back to Maine. He's from there too. Suburbs of Portland. Starts with an A but I forget the name.
cheezMcNASTY
cheezMcNASTY
Oh yeah. /b/ may be full of snobs, but they usually have awesome taste in tv shows. Music is more hit or miss, but movies and tv awesome.
Purple Nurple
Purple Nurple
I was thinking west coast, never been there before and the Pacific northwest looks cool, where do you live? I was north of Portland a little, town called Fryeburg next to New Hamp. You still writing articles for ED?
cheezMcNASTY
cheezMcNASTY
I double checked and I was wrong about his home city. He's from North Yarmouth. One hour east.

I'm actually from the west coast Portland. Awesome city. So's Seattle. They're so close you could probably visit both just by taking a bus from one to the other. Best part of Oregon in general = no sales tax. It's also the most liberal artsy, progressive, hipster-ridden part of the country. Rains a lot but very kickass