• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Admit it, what parts of the game made you jump? *spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Is doom 3 anything like the movie? and i dont play computer games

Computer games are vastly superior to console games, in my opinion. You can play Doom 3 on an Xbox but unless you've got headphones, it kinda loses its scariness a bit. That movie was based on Doom 3 and while a couple of elements from the game are in the movie, they're practically far apart. Trust me, the game is very, very enjoyable especially the final boss.

Cain30k

Rock'n loud n hard 4ever!
Reaction score
Doom 3 is way better than that joke of a movie. Granted, if you stepped back and watched it as a sci-fi movie, it was good. But as a movie based on a game that has scared the living daylights outta me from its very first conception, I was 5ish when i first played doom so kiss my ass for being scared lol, it was a bit of a disappointment. The bfg was a joke in that movie or was it the plasma rifle they showed? I can't remember anymore its been too long.

Reaction score
Computers games are vastly superior to console games, in my opinion. You can play Doom 3 on an Xbox but unless you've got headphones, it kinda loses its scariness a bit. That movie was based on Doom 3 and while a couple of elements from the game are in the movie, they're practically far apart. Trust me, the game is very, very enjoyable especially the final boss.
Doom 3 is way better than that joke of a movie. Granted, if you stepped back and watched it as a sci-fi movie, it was good. But as a movie based on a game that has scared the living daylights outta me from its very first conception, I was 5ish when i first played doom so kiss my ass for being scared lol, it was a bit of a disappointment. The bfg was a joke in that movie or was it the plasma rifle they showed? I can't remember anymore its been too long.
Well i have just never been a pc gaming kinda guy. Thats all, and i prob wont play the game but is it good(console)

MaleficRaven

Reaction score

Agreed! The movie was a joke but it did keep some Doom 3 elements to it so it wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen. Oh, I've loved all the Doom games since the original and I still play them too. I'm a retro gamer and I'll always be that way... probably because the old school games are the best and were done properly.

Well i have just never been a pc gaming kinda guy. Thats all, and i prob wont play the game but is it good(console)

That's fine but in my opinion, PC gaming is the best. You're not as limited with a mouse and keyboard as you are with a controller and the aiming systems are significantly better. Plus you have the option to create mods where as you're incapable of doing so on a console. I mean, that's provided the game comes with the ability to do that.

Not to mention your computer does a lot more than consoles do and they do it better (provided you have a good PC).

Lynne

Reaction score
I doubt most people have a PC that's really any good for gaming at all. Most run of the mill people probably have a year or two old laptop that's good for internet and homework and not much else. Strictly speaking I betcha the number of people who have souped up PC's are pretty hardcore gamers, and for everyone else I bet the gameplay wouldn't be nearly as nice as on a console. Just because I don't have a very old laptop, but even games like the Sims are big enough that it'll start to lag me too much to be enjoyable. I enjoy PC gaming too, but I think Fable on PC is probably too big for most casual gamers to enjoy on a PC.

Reaction score
Agreed! The movie was a joke but it did keep some Doom 3 elements to it so it wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen. Oh, I've loved all the Doom games since the original and I still play them too. I'm a retro gamer and I'll always be that way... probably because the old school games are the best and were done properly.

That's fine but in my opinion, PC gaming is the best. You're not as limited with a mouse and keyboard as you are with a controller and the aiming systems are significantly better. Plus you have the option to create mods where as you're incapable of doing so on a console. I mean, that's provided the game comes with the ability to do that.

Not to mention your computer does a lot more than consoles do and they do it better (provided you have a good PC).
I guess it all depends

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
I doubt most people have a PC that's really any good for gaming at all. Most run of the mill people probably have a year or two old laptop that's good for internet and homework and not much else. Strictly speaking I betcha the number of people who have souped up PC's are pretty hardcore gamers, and for everyone else I bet the gameplay wouldn't be nearly as nice as on a console. Just because I don't have a very old laptop, but even games like the Sims are big enough that it'll start to lag me too much to be enjoyable. I enjoy PC gaming too, but I think Fable on PC is probably too big for most casual gamers to enjoy on a PC.

First of all, we're not talking about playing Fable on the PC. Secondly, I have a computer that is five years old and it plays Fable - The Lost Chapters perfectly. You don't need a "souped" up computer to play most games on there and even then, you can get a nice gaming computer for around $400 - $500. You might have to build it yourself but you can easily find someone else to do that for you. There's really no excuse not to have a decent PC (except if you're poor and can't afford it).

Lynne

Reaction score
Well alrighty then.

The Gray Fox

The Thief
Reaction score
I always jump when Demon Doors yawn... Or well when Im not ready or I don't know if it is an Demon Door near...

Aruu

Reaction score
I always jump when Demon Doors yawn... Or well when Im not ready or I don't know if it is an Demon Door near...

This! It's not so bad with Fable III, but in II I was forever jumping when I accidentally went too close to a demon door that I didn't realise was there.

Alman001

Reaction score
Winter's lodge will always be my most heart-stopping surprise moment in the Fable series, I'll never forget that one... It made me jump out of my skins skin! :O
As for what jumpy parts in fable 3, there haven't really been that many... I guess the Sand-Furries random appearances get me from time to time, arriving with a sudden screech and all that Jazz...
Other than that... not much else, there were parts of the game where I got creeped out though, like discovering the Gnomes ghastly transformation for the first time, or the desert Walter illusions they spooked me a little...
Other than that, not much else. But then I havn't opened any of the demon doors yet, so there might be a few unpleasant surprises behind one of them...
(is there? :ermm:)

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
First of all, we're not talking about playing Fable on the PC. Secondly, I have a computer that is five years old and it plays Fable - The Lost Chapters perfectly. You don't need a "souped" up computer to play most games on there and even then, you can get a nice gaming computer for around $400 - $500. You might have to build it yourself but you can easily find someone else to do that for you. There's really no excuse not to have a decent PC (except if you're poor and can't afford it).
Or, you know, don't like the system...

Ay Ay Adrian

Reaction score
Fable TLC, creeped me out more. I hated saving your mom and such. Fable 2 was old Oakvale. and nothing really in Fable 3 unfortunately.

Kahindes

Reaction score

This! It's not so bad with Fable III, but in II I was forever jumping when I accidentally went too close to a demon door that I didn't realise was there.

I did that all the time! In Fable II mostly. Especially the one in the Castle. For some reason I kept forgetting that it was there. Every time I'd come and visit my husband and kids, guaranteed I would jump.

Hhate

Black Dagger Brother
Reaction score
Now I'm not a very jumpy person but those Sand Furies get me every ****in time

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
ummm... none of it?
i didn't think it was a jumpy game at any parts. :ermm:

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
For some reason the Sand Furies never made me jump, and I am a very jumpy person. The Castle Fairfax Demon Door got me every time. The Walter illusions were pretty freaky too.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
My first visit to Aurora made me shiver a bit.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Every single time Hobbes jump out of anywhere, I jump. Even when I know it's coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.